Oh, Dear Mary

Escaping The Dark

Mary didn't want to obey anyone else's rules anymore, she was more concerned with Hyde's choice of confession. She didn't understand why Hyde, out of all days, wanted to confess to not only being Jekyll, but killing her dad. She could finally put these nightmares to rest. Maybe that is.. She didn't want to find out this way, she wanted to find out her own way, to strangle someone until they confessed, she was utterly confused and shocked he admitted it to her, how weird she thought to herself.
She stepped into the lab she had once before entered. There was nothing but the smell of rusted Metal, it came from the back room where all these rusted chains hung out of the ceiling for some odd reason and it never bothered her much but it only bothered her when she walked past it and rust and bad metal odor whipped her mouth and face and that caused her to walk out with musky metal smell all over her, and she was one to keep secrets about trespassing without permission.
Mary hated going into peoples personal belongings. It wasn't her business to rummage through people's stuff, the lab being the Master's main personal belonging.
She tiptoed quietly, she didn't want to make any unnecessary movement, she saw Hyde coming in here, and his moods change like the months. He was happy one day, he kissed on Mary, hugged her, held her hand and even apologized for his rude behavior. But than some days, he was an egotistical ass who hated everyone around him and would never be caught dead being nice to anyone, even himself.
She went through the lab, she looked through cracks and holes, and scanned the place and decided whether or not she was going to go into his study, where he practically sleeps at night, Mary once went in there at night and heard him pacing back and forth into the study he spends his waking hours, door locked and lights off, he seemed a very busy man but all Mary wanted was some alone time with the man she knew she was in love with. She stepped as quiet as a mouse and stood at the study door hoping the Master would show up and not Hyde, or maybe, Mary thought, they'd be in there together speaking about how vial Mary has been towards Hyde. Only bad thoughts sprawled into her mind and she stepped back forcefully and sat on a chair near the alone table in the middle of the lab.
When she took a deep breath and remembered why she went in there in the first place, she managed to get up but heard foot steps and had no where to hide, Mary prepared to get herself caught and face the consequences she knew she had to face, she deserved it.
But when the steps got louder and Mary feared it was closer, she hid under the table and stayed silent until the cost was clear. Mary hadn't felt so scared before and regretted even stepping foot into the lab, she didn't know what was going to happen when she was caught, and probably knew she was jinxing everything she was thinking.

Five minutes had passed since Mary was under the table, her hands and knee's were aching, and her head was constantly slumping down from holding it up for so long, and just as she thought she was fine, 'BAM', the table jolted along with Mary who let out a silent squeak.
Hyde was above her, stamping on the table, figuring out if anyone was around, one step hit the table so hard Mary was almost sure the table was going to break in half and she was going to get injured. but she was okay when she heard Hyde jump off the table and into the back room where all these little potion bottles stood. A whole room filled with potions, like a fairy tale so to speak. But this was no fairy tale, because the room was dark and mischievous and the bottles were black and dark shades of purple, and a single red one that no one was ever allowed to touch. Mary got up and headed to the room of potions. From that room on led to the metal chained room. She tried avoiding it but she wanted to be nosy. She took her shoes off, hoping that will cause less noise, and started pattering to the room, she had only ever seen it from a distance and never really went inside it, it was as real as the sky, except more gloomy and an abandoned feel filled the aroma. It was uncomfortable that this is what the Master did for his hours away. Mary almost felt jealous that he spent so much time of this than wanted to be around her, and from the way he was around her, she felt he'd always choose her over anything.
Mary went into the room and went rummaging again, she was determined to find out anything, she was almost sure Hyde was still around but was also waiting for his footsteps so she could hide again.
She looked at the bottles, examined them closely, feeling on them, touching them tenderly so she didn't break them. She found the little red bottle and held it up to her eyes, she was trying to see what ingredients laid inside but it was no use. She set it back but almost missed, it wobbles until it hit Mary's hands as she fell to the floor to she didn't let it break. She let out a deep sigh before the footsteps came back, this time it was coming from inside the room and she panicked, not knowing what to do. When she went to run to leave the lab itself, there Hyde came, running to Mary faster than he had ever ran. Mary ran around the room for a brief time trying to figure out how to escape him, her breathing went slower and faster at the same time, she had finally been caught being nuisance of herself. She reacted like anyone being chased, she screamed and ran away as fast as she could before he grabbed her hair and pulled her back in the room. He hit her head up against the potions behind her, some hitting the back of her head, and some crashing to the floor below, on Hyde's shows, which now were covered and wet. He didn't seem to care about that anymore, he picked her up from the waist and smashed her back into the door that led to the theater, or the front room of the lab where the lonely table sat, and pushed her hard, causing her to fall on her ass, she moaned angrily and got up quicker than she fell down. Hyde took her wrist and sent her to the wall, his face red and anger flashed before Mary's scared, teary eyes. He looked at her, tears falling down his own face. As you know, when it came to Mary, Hyde felt this overwhelming emotion scatter around his heart, like it was telling him he could never hurt her, nor did he want to, and that the punishment he had caused Mary was too much and he wanted to apologize. Apologize.. He never did such a thing, he got angry that he was never angry at her. This was a rage that the tide sent in, and sent out at the same time. It was about time Hyde confessed more than he had confessed already.
Above Mary sat a knife, a knife Hyde kept specifically for something like this. His control told him to grab it, but his heart told him not to. When it came to his Heart and his control, it was his control that dominated everything. He grabbed the knife and held it to Mary's throat. His eyes got wider each time it stuck it deeper and deeper, not cutting through her skin, but thinking about it.
His smile was creepy, Mary hated it, the only time she was ever really scared of him was when he smiled, and it wasn't a regular smile, it was a smile of hate and evil. She closed her eyes and waited for the knife to kill her, but he spoke Six very plain words that made Mary cry.

"What keeps me from killing you?" He spoke quietly in her ear.
Mary opened her eyes and didn't speak, she did something she never thought she'd do, even if it was to save her own life. She grabbed onto his cheek and kissed him. She cried as it happened, it made him confused but he didn't stop it, he dropped the knife from his grip and clung onto Mary's waist. She felt nothing more than fear as all she wanted was to survive. He moved away from her and exited the room, but he stopped and looked back at Mary who was crying tears of fear.

"Mary.." He stood directly to her. "Mary."

"Yes, sir..?" She sobbed.

"I always knew we'd escape your worthiness." Hyde chuckled as he left to enter the theater.

Mary stopped and fell down to the ground before crying and holding her face in her hands. She wanted to die in a hole and never return. But she heard Hyde's screams echoing into Mary's path, causing her to jump, was he dying?
Mary got up and walked to the theater. She saw Hyde there, injecting a needle into his shoulder, shouting in pain for dear life. It looked like he was killing himself. But he wasn't.
He saw Mary standing there and looked at her with sad eyes.

"Mary, I know who you love. You love Jekyll. well I'm giving him to you." Hyde pulled the needle out of his shoulder and stood there, his shirt was off and he was sweating, his hair all in his face, it was messy. He looked an awful wreck. He sat down but what Mary saw was frightening in so many ways. He was transforming. It was true. He was Jekyll. She slid down on the floor and watched Hyde turn into Jekyll, it was the weirdest and scariest thing Mary had ever witnessed. But she now knew the truth. Hyde's body now was gone, his face too. On the floor, heavy breathing begun, It was Jekyll, he laid on the floor trying to catch his breath as Mary ran to him desperately.

"My lord, are you okay?" Mary cried.

Jekyll took one look at Mary and hugged her close. He didn't let go and even cried in her shoulder.

"Now you know.." He sighed. "everything Hyde did Mary, I swear it wasn't me." He caressed her cheek.

"I know sir." She smiled

"But, Mary darling. I have to leave. I must set myself free. As you once spoke of your dad, you hated him right?" He asked.

"Yes sir, I hated him." Mary rubbed his cheek and never left his side.

"You hated Hyde like you hated your dad." He smiled. "Good, you wont be seeing him anymore."

Mary helped him up and helped him put a shirt on, he sat on the table and Mary leaned on his chest.

"It's you and me Mary. I want you to join my escape. Jekyll took Mary's hand and kissed it. He wanted her to know he loved her so much. Mary looked at him, and smiled as wide as ever, she nodded her head. "Of course, Master." She kissed him.

"Mary, what have I said before, call me Henry. I'm not your master anymore, I'm yours." He hugged her, and after a moment, they walked out of the Lab and went to the front gate, they started their life together as happy as ever, not having to worry about the devastating fate of Hyde's oblivion.

~ ~ ~

Once Mary and Jekyll become lovers, they lived together and had two beautiful children. Hyde never came back again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Brianna & Ahniah's Chapter ~