Oh, Dear Mary

Double Minded

Mary headed downstairs with a grin on her face, realizing what had happened just happened.
Mr. Poole had just returned home to see Mary smiling widely.
"What are you on about?" He walked up to her, questioning her happiness like he had never seen it before.
"Nothing sir, just In a good mood."
"Have you been making a mess of yourself dear?"
"No sir, the Master just wanted me to tell you to remove the extra dresser from inside his bedroom, it's useless to him, the words that came out of his mouth." Mary walked lowly backwards from Mr. Poole, feeling she was about to get in trouble.
"Why did he tell you and not someone else?" Mr. Poole showed signs of confusion but insisted to ignore that.

Mary stayed in the kitchen to prepare Lunch for everyone when she noticed Mr. Poole, the Master and another house servant removing the dresser and taking it into the Masters Lab where he practically sleeps at night. She went outside to see if anyone needed help when she caught the Masters attention.

"What are you doing?" He walked up to her and glanced her an awkward look.

"Oh, just wandering around for my health sir." Mary chuckled, making the Master return the favor.

"I'm sorry, forgive me, you're just doing your job I suppose, right?"

Mary blushed at the sigh of just looking into his eyes, how could anyone not want to be around such a caring handsome man such as himself? Mary opened the door for everyone and when the Master passed her, he caressed her cheek and went about inside and up to his bedroom.

Mary headed up to her room, once it hit nightfall and didn't know if she could sleep. Staring up at the ceiling almost turned into an every night event. In her mind now, there was no such thin as sleep and she couldn't resist the urge to just get up and roam around. She stopped herself from moving off her bed but something told her to just get up and walk around until the urge to sleep filled her mind.

She got up and put her silk Purple short nightgown on and slippers before taking a candle and headed out her bedroom tip toeing as quietly as possible so she didn't wake anyone, as it was One in the morning and she had higher chances of getting caught. She didn't want to go downstairs where everyone was, but the Master slept upstairs and she was more worried he would rat her out in a hurry. But her thoughts jinxed her, because there he was standing at the front of his doorway. Arms folded with a faint smirk on his face, expressing the look of shock and confused at the same time.

"Mary, come." He signaled a finger for her to come in his room. Mary wanted to punish herself for jinxing it, but she felt he was standing there the whole time. She entered the room and crossed her arms, waiting for him to say something.

"Mary It seems we have the same problem. You cant sleep and neither can I. If you ever need to talk to someone feel free to come in my room at any time I'm in here and we can.. Talk 'til we fall asleep and not even realize it." Mary felt a sensation in her body that expressed anxiousness and happiness. She developed a small crush on him but knew nothing could come of it. She also felt if she showed signs of feelings it would get weird between the other servants and herself and she didn't want to get above herself by spending too much time with him that may have led to many unneeded questions.
Mary sat down in front of him and he took ahold of her hand.

"Sir, you're too kind, but I shouldn't be out this late, it's just I have these nightmares that I'm afraid to sleep because of it." Mary felt tears spring to her eyes that she didn't want him to notice, but her dreams were terror.

"What dreams?"

"Of my dad dying." Mary whispered. She looked at the Master with such sorrow he almost wanted to cry for her.

"How did it happen" The Master moved his seat closer to her, wanting to show her he cared about how she felt.

"Someone killed him sir. A man, handsome but evil. So it seemed.."

The Master had a look on him. A look of fear. He didn't know what else to say but, "Oh.. I see. Mary you saw this mans face have you not?"

"No not exactly. I was up in my window you see. I didn't see it, just heard it. His screams, his face must have seen such horror." Mary knew her dad as nothing but a monsterous alcoholic but that didn't mean she didn't love him, or maybe she didn't and just couldn't tell come to think of herself as a hateful lady.

The Master got up and showed Mary the door. "I must go to my lab. Feel free to see me in the morning if you'd like." And he was gone, like lightning, but faster.

But why? Mary went back into her room and sat on the bed thinking about what she said to him and wondered If what she said was too much. She laid down and closed her eyes and before she knew it, it was time to wake up. He wasn't in his room.
♠ ♠ ♠
~Ahniah's chapter~