Oh, Dear Mary

Mr. Hyde

Mary woke up and realized the Master was not in his room, or not even in the house for that matter. She put her black tight sweater on with a little white bow on the collar, her black skinny jeans and black converse on, which was her maid outfit, and headed out her bedroom door and downstairs. She went into the kitchen to see Mr. Poole and Olivia standing at the cutting table preparing breakfast.

"Mary, you weren't in your room last night, and I overheard you and Jeckyll speaking quietly, about what? You know you aren't suppose to be out and about so late into the night." Mr. Poole stopped everything he was doing and called Mary into his office to speak to her about private matters.

"Mr. Jeckyll needed help with something sir, and than we persisted to speak about the Garden. It's gloomy out there, it needs so life into it." Mary stood still, hoping the excuse she created was good enough.

"Well alright, but don't let it happen again, Mary. You know you have to get up early and we don't need anyone tired and falling asleep when you're suppose to be working.

Mary left his office and went outside to the dying flower garden. She sat there at a little fountain and persisted to actually do something about it. Even if it was an excuse. She noticed Poole's voice in the distance followed by another mans voice after it. She looked on to see Poole and the Master walking out of the Masters lab and standing at the bottom of the stairs having a conversation. The Master looked up to see Mary looking away forcefully, so he didn't think she was being nosy.

"Mary, hi." The Master walked up to her, but gazed at his stop watch, he looked like he was in a rush. Mary smiled and waved to him, standing there watching him look at his clock and not budge a single bone.

"Oh, sir, Mary was telling me about you and her having discussions about doing something with the Garden."

Mary stood in her place, eyes widened with fear, she slowly turned around to see the Master looking at her, and now realizing what was really going on, he looked at Poole and told him they were talking about it.

"What was the last thing we discussed?" He tilted his head up and put his hand on his hip.

"Um.. Well, some flower beds around the corners, and a Herb Tree by the Kitchen." Mary stuttered while pointing to the places she wanted them to grow around.

"The very thing." The Master clapped. "Just what we need, Mary." He opened his stop watch again.

"Poole, have everyone in the dining room in 5, I have an announcement." And off he went, back into his lab where he spend his waking hours.

Mary always loved seeing him, there wasn't a moment where not being around the Doctor wasn't nice and relaxing. It's like he understood her, like he felt what she was feeling. She never felt this way when it came to a man, but something about the Doctor felt real to her. Felt like there were swarms of butterflies filling up her stomach each encounter with him. She was called by Poole to go into the dining room where they awaited the Master and she sat there until she felt a presence behind her, it was him standing there, he placed a warm, kid hand on her shoulder.
Mary was going to get up when he stopped her.

"Please, stay, it's okay." The master put his hand back on her shoulder and began to speak.

"So, under unfortunate events, my work has left me terribly busy. So I have called onto an assistant. His name is Mr. Edward Hyde, and I intend to give him the run of this house. I would hope you show him the same respect you have shown me these last few years." The Master removed his hand off Mary's shoulder and went to the door, everyone happily agreed to welcome him with warm hands, but Mary was scared she'd never see the Master again.

As Mary headed up towards her bedroom, she saw the Masters bedroom door hanging wide open. She sneaked in there hoping to find him, to thank him for backing her up about the Garden, but he wasn't in there. But why keep his door open? She went to the door when she heard footsteps coming from the dark corner of the room. She was scared but curious. She didn't know if she should say something or run, but if it was the Master, she wanted to properly thank him. She stepped back into the room and looked to the corner of the room to see if she could make out who was there, she saw a figure. The figure matched the pitch blackness of the corner. She backed up and stood there, watching the black figure come closer, but she still couldn't make out who it was. Than she realized it wasn't the master, it was someone else.

"Master..?" Mary put her hands up to her face.

"No.. Not the Master, but close." The voice of a man shivered down Mary's spine.
Mary's breathe got heavier, and she couldn't move.

"Do you know who I am?" The figure appeared from the dark, exposing a tall man, with long black hair.

Mary looked surprised, he looked familiar, but couldn't really make it out. She inhaled a large breathe and walked up to him, not scared anymore. "You're Mr. Hyde, the Masters assistant." She looked up at him. He was much taller than she was, and as he looked down at her, his arms ended up around her, as he swayed with her side to side she pushed him away, and started scanning him up and down.

"Your Master isn't here tonight, he's busy and left me his bedroom. Hope that's not an issue." Hyde plopped down on the couch in front of Mary and started staring at her, almost gazing.
Mary shook her head and went to the door to leave. His impression didn't come off as cute, but actually annoying.

"Mary, would you like to come to into town with me tonight?" Hyde smirked out a giggle that made Mary angry.

"No." Mary exited the door and walked into her room, angry at the perpetual ignorance Hyde gave off. She wanted to find the Master and tell him what had happened, but he was gone. It seemed whenever Hyde was around, the Master never existed. Mary hated that feeling. Tears flowed as she went to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahniah & Becca's Chapter ~