Oh, Dear Mary

The Masters Heart

Mary ran out of the Masters bedroom, and into her bedroom and fell on the floor near her bed. She couldn't even begin to think what had just happened. His face, his voice, the cold aroma that left off on Mary's spine that suggested he was a cold hearted emotional killer. She didn't want to imagine him, but she couldn't help herself. She didn't want the Master to find out she left off a shitty impression of herself, and maybe Hyde was only trying to be friendly, which seemed very hard on him. He didn't know how to be nice, at least that's what the Master was trying to tell everyone. Maybe he wanted to warn everyone that Hyde may not be around as much, but when he was it was probably the best for everyone to stay clear of him, or try to keep the conversation down to a minimum.
Mary was worried she would run into Hyde again sooner or later, and even heard his voice faintly and wondered to herself if she was only hearing things.
Mary hesitated at the front of the top steps and listened to the voices coming from below. She rolled her eyes when she realized Hyde was downstairs talking to Mr. Poole about God only knows what and Mary wanted little to no part in whatever they were happening to discuss.

"Mary! Can you come downstairs please, its urgent?" She heard Poole's frustrated voice from upstairs as clear as the Blue sky above.

Mary didn't want to go downstairs but knew she had no choice and step by step, slower and slower, she finally after 5 minutes made it downstairs. Mr. Hyde was gone. Mary took in a slow breath and looked down at the dirty floor.

Mary, have you seen the Master, he has a letter from a Mrs. Farraday." Mr. Poole handed her the tightly sealed letter and gave Poole and concerned look.

"No sir, I haven't seen him since his announcement last night. I could always have Mr. Hyde give it to him." Mary gulped even saying his name. The thought of his face sprung to her mind again. She shivered and made her eyes up to Mr. Poole's. He nodded his head and left the room to go into his office, he was leaving soon. Mary went upstairs to change into her maid uniform and went downstairs to the Kitchen to clean the dishes and prepare dinner. She didn't even realize how late it was and was awaiting to see if the Master would return back into the house to Mary could talk to him. It seemed when she slept, the dreams she was having got worse and worse and they made her wake up screaming and crying like she was in agonizing pain. She stood up on the stairs to grab the cleaning supplies for the dishes but had flashback thoughts of her dads death and him beating the crap out of her when she was a little girl. She snapped back into focus and happened to turn her head to the window in clear view of the Masters Lab. She sighed wishing she could see him and talk to him, but she thought that wouldn't happen. But it did happen, because right when she was looking away, out of the corner of her eye she saw a figure crawling out of the lab, sweating and hair all messed up like he had a hangover, and it was the Master. She jumped and gasped, he held his ankle up and put it on the pavement, grunting in pain. He sat on the ground by the Garden and held his ankle for dear life. He tried to get up, but fell back down again and just remained there. Mary jumped off the ladder and sprinted outside as fast as she could and bolted through the back door and over to the Master as quick as she could.

"My Lord, what happened?" She dropped to her knees and stared at his ankle, feeling sorry for him. She gave him a sweet sadden look and the Master looked at her and put a hand on hers.

"It's just a sprain Mary I'm alright." He put his head on her shoulder and groaned in pain. Mary held his head and put her hand on his ankle, trying to help the pain down but it didn't work. She tried to get him up but he couldn't quite yet. His eyes clenched shut and leaned on her, agonizing pain signaling Mary that the sprain was too much and he needed to go to his room and rest. She didn't want anyone to come running to the rescue, she wanted to do it on her own. When she finally got him up and took him to his bedroom, she put him on his bed. He looked up at her with such a gaze of love he didn't even realize he was hurting her arm.

"Sir.. You're kind of clenching on my arm." Mary let out a giggle. It didn't really hurt her.
He pulled her onto his lap and held her from behind. It looked like the pain had went away now that he was looking into her eyes. She looked into his. His deep dark brown eyes that glistened from the light in front of him. He leaned forward and she leaned back, she didn't know what he was trying to do.

"Mary, I'm not going to bite." He whispered before his lips landed on hers, sending a sheer spark of happiness inside her soul. She smiled he kissed her. He moved away from her hips and looked at the clock. It was late and they heard footsteps. It was Mr. Poole. Mary got up to leave when the master tugged on her arm and kissed her once more before running out of his room and into her own. She landed on her bed and smiled so widely that she couldn't help herself but cover her face with her hands. She bit her lip and thought to herself. 'Damn.. He likes me.'
♠ ♠ ♠
Zoey & Becca's Chapter ~