Oh, Dear Mary

The Never Ending Dream

Mary felt this tingling feeling in her neck, she thought she was sound asleep in her bed, but tugging and poking explained differently. She had fell asleep at the kitchen counter.

"Mary, Mary wake up." The Master pushed on her shoulder a few times before she jolted up like she had gotten electrocuted. The Master quickly backed away like he had seen a ghost, her jolt frightened him and he held his chest in terror for a moment before laughing.
Mary looked up to him as he was laughing and hit her head back on the table, she felt like what had happened yesterday evening was not but a dream, a horrible nightmare even, but reality struck her soon.
She stood up and stretched, the Master looking on now like he had felt bad for her for having to sleep at a table.

"Why?" Is all the Master sighed out. Mary managed to speak after thinking she broke her neck from the way she slept. "Sorry, must have just passed out."

"Mary, this morning Poole came into my room and said he had handed you a note that was from Mrs. Farraday, where is it?" He went on, sounding worried.
Mary pulled out a now not tightly sealed and a little bent letter from her pocket. She handed the letter to his shaking hands and left the room faster than ever before. And once again, he left Mary to drown in her pitiful thoughts.

Mary not needed so many thoughts right now, it seemed she thought more than she needed to when around Jeckyll and Hyde. She had an horrible headache from the Kitchen table all she wanted to do was to go to bed in her own room. She snuck upstairs without so much as a noise even coming from a mouse and slid into her room discretely. If anyone would ask, all she would have to say is that she didn't feel good and they could take it off her wages.
She hopped into the bed which Olivia didn't make and under the covers to drown into a more comfortable sleep.

~~~

"Mary!" the broken glass voice of an older man echoed the home and the whole neighborhood.
Mary stepped out of a cold room and slowly shook her way to the man, who smelled of alcohol and smoke. Her face showed signs of abuse and sadness. She grunted a few sobs before the man took ahold of her arm and took out a little pocket knife.

"You think I'm made of money, don't you?" The man unfolded the knife and placed it on Mary's arm. Mary forced all she had in her to pull away which made him more furious.

"Mary, don't run away from your father!" He screamed before making Mary fall to the floor screaming in terrible agonizing ways. Her father was cutting into her wrist and when Mary tried pulling away he grabbed her and bit right into her neck. She cried out for her mom who was no where to be found. It was one of those days where Mary wished her dad dropped dead. She ran away when he had finally let her go and out of the house where she saw her mom anxiously running up to her. Mary jumped in her moms arms and cried and cried until her face was covered in never ending tears. Her mom took her to her sisters house for the night trying to figure out how to help me. She than decided to put her in service to housemaid and it seemed now to work out better for Mary. When little Mary went to bed that night thinking everything was finally going to be okay, when she got up to use the restroom, there her dad stood, at the doorway with a gun in his hand. He held it up to Mary's head and before she knew it -

*****

"Ah fuck!" Mary jolted and freaked out more when Hyde was there watching her, and grabbed her neck and held her mouth shut. Mary closed her eyes and sighed of at least a little bit of relief. It was the same of to dreams again. They were really getting out of control. Hyde lifted Mary off the bed and into the Masters bedroom where the Master wasn't in once again and Mary pushed Hyde off of her and laid against a fender. Hyde took his coat off and sat on the arm of the couch that sat there all alone in the middle of the room.

"Mary.. Come here." Hyde held a hand out and Mary reluctantly took ahold of it. She looked at him, not fearful and almost pitiful. She all accounts didn't want to see him as a bad man, and what had happened the previous evening was something not needed to be re-discussed, but maybe she wanted to see good inside a bad man.

"Mary, I wanted to, um.. Apo-Apologize.." Hyde started shaking more than she ever seen someone shake before. Mary got wide eyes.

"Why?"

"Because of some of the things I said or did that might have made you angry.. It was offen-Offensive." Hyde had held a cup of tea while the other held Mary's hand, but Mary stared at the glass. He was holding on to it with such force that - 'BANG' he dropped it on the floor and it broke, Mary's sudden movement and gasp made Hyde change into someone he was known for. He got up and moved the hair from his face and put it behind his ear and slowly made his way to Mary whom when he moved closer, she moved backwards, until she hit the fender behind her. He gently took ahold of her neck and whispered in her ear. "You must know who I really am, but in due time.' Before pacing out of the room like he was in a hurry. Mary let out separate deep breaths and picked up the broken glass he had dropped. How was she to explain this? She was bound to see Poole soon, it was early in the morning.

It seemed Mary's dreams not only affected her in her dreams. But now she had to worry about another dream, another Nightmare. Hyde.
♠ ♠ ♠
Brianna's Chapter ~