Oh, Dear Mary

What Are You Afraid Of Most?

Mary didn't even think twice about changing into her uniform. She didnt understand why he needed her to begin with, it was going on 11 o'clock at night and she didn't understand why he was up this late at night to begin with.
Also, going downstairs made her think, she just.. Well, she had a good night let's just say. Her mind was twisted into one thousand knots that was hard to untangle. She felt so weak to the knees from what just went on in the Dr's room. But she managed to keep ahold of it until it was meant to be free'd.
When she went downstairs, Mr. Poole was with company. Four large police men stood around the kitchen area with bloody hankerchiefs in the hands. They all stared Mary down when she entered the room. One took her by the wrist and threw her down at the wooden chair below her. She grunted and snatched her hand away and held her wrist tightly to ease the pain he had just caused her.
Olivia stood nearby with her Brother, Bradshaw, who was also a house servant, and they looked at her with sorrow in their faces. Olivia almost started crying. Mary got angry. "What?" The shouted in frustration. "What is going on?"

"Ms. Reilly, you were the only one Mr. Hyde ever came in contact with. So he says. Do you know what this man is capable of?" One of the police men, who went by the name Serge, asked. He pounded his fist on the table startling Mary. She started shaking. She didn't know what to say or do. "Um, no.." Mary whispered in the mans ear.

"Earlier today, at the crack of dawn, a Mrs. Farraday came to us explaining that Hyde had commited a murder scene in her home. You know anything about this?" Serge continued on before she could open her mouth. "If you lie you are going to be a suspect with him, because you seemed to be spending your waking hours with him."

Mary got wide eyed. She didn't spend her hours with him, she didn't want to. She saw him 3 times since Jeckyll's announcement, and only for an hour or less each time.

"I dont know much about Mr. Hyde. We went on an errand once and I saw him once more." She lied but she didnt think it was any of their concern on what she does or say with him.

Olivia stood by the side watching, seeing her best friend get interrogated was trecherous. She turned around for a moment to see the Master standing in the corner. He looked over at Olivia but ignored her at the same time. He was evesdropping. She turned back around, scared. She didn't want Mary to say the wrong thing to get the Master upset. He walked into a dark corner and crossed his arms, his face showed anger and shock that these men had the nerve to come in his home and interrogate someone who was completely innocent.

"Mary, help us and we shall reward you. We only want to catch this man." Serge sat on the table near Mary. She placed her hand on her head.

"I dont know anything Mr. Honestly. I have no idea. I barely see him and when I do its only for a couple minutes." She shouted as she got up hitting her hands on the table. She refused to say anything, even though she thought it was obvious the type of man he was and it wouldn't surprise her if he did murder someone. She didnt want to be involved.
The police men gathered their belongings, and left, leaving Mr. Poole, Olivia and Bradshaw more confused than ever. Mary got up and sighed. She wanted to cry. She lied to the Police just to save her own ass and a man who didn't deserve it.
The master disappeared into the shadows as Olivia watched him go. She walked up and hugged Mary tightly. She knew Mary well enough to know she was only saving herself. Mary never believed in rewards anyway.
Mr. Poole excused everyone and went into his room and Mary and Olivia were left alone. They went upstairs and went to bed in a hurry to try and forget about what had happened. Mary still had thoughts of what happened with her and Dr. Jeckyll. She smiled as she fell asleep.

When Mary awoke she awoke by sudden banging.
"Mary, MARY." The master opened the door and didnt look in but had her come to his room. She went in and closed the door behind her. "Morning sir." She mumbled out.

"Mary I was there in the kitchen when they interrogated you. As wrong as it was next time just tell the truth. You are a suspect to murder now and they knew you were lying." The master pulled out a letter. "Take this. I need you to go to this adress and the reply must only be a yes or a no, okay?" He went on. She nodded.
She headed out when he pulled her back in.

"Mary.. I had so much on my mind when you told me about the story of your dad and those scars are apparent. I also know you're afraid of rats.. but what else?" She looked down in a tone only he understood.

"My nightmares.."

"I see.." he raised an eyebrow and sat on his bed.

"Also confined spaces." She chuckled.

"Yes of course." He went on and said something Mary knew she couldn't deny.

"But youre scared of yourself. Right?"

Mary looked at him. He almost looked curious. "Yes." She said as she laid her head on the door. He got up and hugged her. No matter what happened he would be there for her, he even mentioned not leaving her side. And at least it wasn't awkward after what they did last night.

"I'll be back." She whispered as she opened the door. The master closed the door behind her and went to his desk to do some paper work. And off Mary went, on the journey to Mrs. Farraday.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahniah's Chapter ~