Status: There's a ***ing sequel!!! \(-_-)/

Can I Kiss Kellin, Mommy?

kiss

"Wait Mike," little Vic called out.
"Come on Vic, they said they saw him!" little Mike yelled. Both little boys were rushing over to their warm home, running in the snow that made look like bunnies hopping around. Now their ultimate goal was to see 'him'.

"Mike they could have been lying to us!" Vic called from way out back. Even though little Vic didn't believe what had been said at school, he still rushed his way through the thick snow and finally, they were home.

Both little boys were panting hard and looking around. You could see the little breathes spilling from their mouths in the forms of tiny clouds. They searched and in their childish minds they felt anxious to see what they were in search of. Only the children of the neighborhood understood. Their language was in codes, you see.

"So where is he?" Little Mike questioned.
"I don't know, I don't care about him," little Vic answered. Both were trying to catch their breaths, and answered in small sentences.
"What do you mean Vic? You always ask for him with mommy and you rushed here just to see him," little Mike questioned. Both were just children, but ha strange mentalities. Answering in different ways than the normal child would answer.
"I...I, just wanted to see if it was true!" the little boy exclaimed. His brother had just put him on the spot, pointing out the fact that his pride was trying I get the best of him.

All the little children in the town knew what they were talking about. They wanted to see 'him'. Yes, you see 'he' wasn't just anybody. 'He' was the strange boy who lived next door. And the little brothers had the honor as the neighbors of 'him' to tell the town children about 'him'

Little did the town children know, that the adults already knew 'Him'. Little Kellin watched as all the little kids o town played in the snow, but all he could do was silently watch from the attic, where his mother kept him, all for the sake of his safety and, secretly, his health. His mother hid him not only from the dangers of the world but also the dangerous father little Kellin had.

But for now all Kellin could do was watch. Watch as the children of the town only referred to him as 'the boy' or 'him'. But he studies one thing, the lives of the brothers next door.

Little Vic and little Mike.

Now the two brothers walked into the house disappointed.
"Oh boys, you're home," Mommy Vivian greeted. They walked past her as if she was just a sheet of paper floating in the wind.
"Boys!" She exclaimed. Both of the tiny figures jumped in fight and turned to their concerned mother.

They both rushed to her and greeted her with a kiss.
"So boys, what's with the pout?" She questioned.
"Well, Tony said his mom saw 'the boy' today, and we didn't get to see him," little Mike claimed. Mike always believed Tony, and when Tony informed Mike about 'his' appearance, he didn't think twice before rushing home to see.

Mommy Vivian sighed, and held in the secret that all the housewives of the town knew. The child next door wasn't to be seen by the world and only by his mother. That the yelling in that household; was that of an abused woman. But all the housewives could do was tell the little children the house was haunted.

"Well, maybe next time boys!" The mother said contently, just so she wouldn't see her beloved children with sad or pouting faces.

"Hey Vic," Little Mike yelled. Little Vic once again jumped from the fright of loud noises. He turned to his younger brother who had a big smile.

"Vic, let's go play and see if we can build a snowman big enough to see the other side of the fence!" Mike yelled and ran to his side and grabbed his arm. Vic smiled and held his little brother's also small hand. With their mittens on their fingers hadn't suffered as much from the snowballs they had made during the lunch break at school.

"No no no no!" Mommy Vivian exclaimed. Both boys looked at their mother with little sad faces. But they didn't know her intentions.
"Boys, first wash up, come eat, and do your homework. After I check your homework, you can go play," she said more kindly. Both boys groaned in frustration. Who was to deny their child's play?

So their afternoon went on without them. As they did their homework they commented to each other what their other friends had claimed they were doing for the afternoon. Earlier, they had eaten the food that their mother had prepared. Little Vic and Mike complained for the mother they had at times. But then Vic would pause,

“Mike, I love mommy. She’s here and daddy isn’t here so…” Little Vic would pause once more. And there would be silence between the children. Mike would sigh and say sorry, and all Vic would do is continue his coloring.

The difference between Mike and Vic’s homework would be that before little Vic could even color he would have to solve some math problems.

Soon the boys finished…

“Mooooom!” Mike yelled in his still high-pitched voice.
Soon their mom walked in and checked the work the boys had been working on anxiously. As quickly as she had checked the work, she had dressed them in warm clothes so they could go out and play in the snow.

It was outside that both brothers found it complicated to build the big snowman. From his window little Kellin could see as the brothers fought over where to place the snowman. He chuckled when he heard little Vic claim that he was older and had the right to make decisions.

All they could do was mess around, their main goal was to see ‘the boy’ and tell the kids at school. Little Kellin’s goal was to get out of the attic and just say ‘hello’. Even if all the brothers cared for was to brag about seeing ‘him’.

Suddenly in the attic, little Kellin’s body jumped from the startle he received.
“Kellin?” His mother asked for his presence.
“Mommy!” little Kellin rushed to his mother’s embrace. He looked at her with his little eyes of childish interest. In his childish mind all he knew was that this human figure that had similar features as him was his mother. And the purple-blackish marks on her face and body were made from the hard painful movements of the man, which little Kellin was to call father.

“Mommy, can I go out today?” he whispered. Afraid that his father would over hear and hit his mommy again.
“Kellin, that’s why I came up here today, You’re father isn’t home, so I thought,” she paused and smiled. Little Kellin’s blue eyes shined with interest.
“I thought we could go next door and you could be friends with-“ Suddenly little Kellin cut off his mother.
“Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!” Little Kellin jumped from the happiness he felt. It was as if God had heard the whispering prayers he did every night before bed.

“Okay Kellin, but promise me you won’t over-exert yourself, remember your health.” Kellin nodded, but he never understood what was wrong with his health. He didn’t know what was his ‘problem’. All he knew was that because of his ‘problem’ his daddy was mean.

It was moments later that Kellin’s mommy came with warm clothes and dressed him up. Hand in hand they walked out into the cold air and it was as if it was the first time little Kellin’s small feet had walked over the pale blanket of white. He laughed and threw himself in the air and jumped making footprints behind him. He looked around and jumped with joy.

Later, after Kellin’s mommy had finally calmed down little Kellin, they walked next door. There she knocked and was received by the mother of the household.

“Oh,” mommy Vivian gasped. Kellin’s mommy smiled.
They greeted each other and mommy Vivian let them in. She then excused herself and left to go tell little Vic and Mike.

“Boys!” she yelled out into the backyard. In the house, little Kellin was growing ore anxious by the second.

Little Mike and Vic rushed to their mother who got to their level to whisper.
“Okay boys, I know how much all the town boys have wished for this but, guess who’s here right now?” mommy Vivian made it more interesting for the boys, but they were still confused.
“Who mommy?” Mike asked innocently.
“The boy next door!” she silently whispered. They jumped in excitement. She then rushed back in to attend the guests. You see, not only were the boys excited, so was mommy Vivian!

“I’m very glad that you could come and spend time together as neighbors,” Mommy Vivian said kindly. Both mothers smiled, and as they talked little Kellin sat anxiously clicking his heals. Soon little Mike rushed in and squealed from the excitement. Soon little Vic was walking in as well, and as soon as all the boys were in the same room the mothers could feel their awkwardness. They chuckled as the boys stood in place and just stared at each other.

“Go on Kellin, say hello,” Kellin’s mommy insisted.
Mommy Vivian came behind her boys and pushed them forward towards little Kellin. Then ‘he’ got off the couch and pitter patted toward the brothers. The closer they got, the more their creeping smiles appeared.

Excitement filled their child hearts.
“Hello,” little Kellin mumbled.
“Mike won’t you invite Kellin to play?” Mommy Vivian asked.
“No, I don’t play with girls. Vic can play with her!” And from there little Mike rushed off. Vivian chuckled and apologized to Kellin’s mommy. Kellin’s mother just smiled and shrugged off the statement of little Mike.

“It’s true that Kellin’s features resemble those of a female,” Kellin’s mommy commented.
“But he’s a beautiful child and looks very much like you. Both beautiful and graceful,” The whole time the mothers exchanged words the little boys that remained in the room stared at the big words that left the elders’ mouths.
“So my big boy,” Mommy Vivian started. “Will you play with little Kellin?”
Vic nodded but still stood behind his mother, carefully analyzing the boy before him. He looked ‘pretty’.

It was really unexpected. That for such a long time the boys had wishes and now that it was happening and it was coming true, it was just ironic.
“Go on Kellin, go along and play with him,” Kellin’s mommy now pushed little Kellin forward. Both boys now walked outside, turning back every once in a while to look at their mothers who continued their conversations as if nothing had just happened.

“I’m sorry,” Little Vic said. Little Kellin tilted his head in childish confusion.
“Why?” he asked.
“Because Mike was mean and called you a girl.” Little Vic said as they walked into the snowy backyard.
“A girl?” Little Kellin questioned the meaning of the word.
“Yah, with a pretty face and pretty clothes, and you like pink,” Little Vic answered.
“Do you like pink?” Kellin asked.
“No!” Little Vic answered embarrassedly, afraid of being called a girl.
“Do you?” Little Vic asked younger Kellin.
“I think. Does that mean I’m a girl?” Kellin asked older Vic as if he had all the knowledge in the world. He was older but the children didn’t understand and just thought that who ever was older knew more.
“I think,” Little Vic, answered unsure.

Both boys were silent.
“Am I pretty?” Little Kellin asked.
“Um… I don’t like girls!” Little Vic, once again, answered embarrassedly.
Little Kellin could see that he didn’t like girls but, “I asked if you thought I was pretty not if you liked me.”
Little Vic was amazed by his answer.
“Yes,” Little Vic said.
“Yes what?” Kellin asked.
“You are…pretty,” Little Vic blushed. Little Kellin smiled and took the statement as a compliment.

Little Kellin then kicked the snow a bit.
“You were building a snowman before I came, right?” Little Kellin asked.
“Yes,” little Vic answered, not looking at Kellin, still due to his embarrassing statement.
“Why?” Little Kellin asked. Even though he knew the answer, he was still curious as to understand why all the town children were interested in his mere existence.

Little Vic was silent, “Because,” he started.
“Because we wanted to see you,” All little Vic could feel since he was with younger Kellin was embarrassment.
“Than keep building it so soon, you could see everyday from this side and I’ll build a bigger one so I can see you,” Little Kellin said kindly.

That soon made Little Vic happy, and being the child he is, he didn’t know how to explain it. Just looking at the younger boy and seeing his shining eyes, and the pale face that blended with the snow.

“Are you Snow White?” Little Vic asked.
“Who?” Little Kellin tilted his head in confusion.
“The girl princess. Who gets married with a prince,” Little Vic answered.
“Who’s the prince?” Little Kellin asked.
“A boy,” He answered quickly.
“You’re a boy right?” Little Kellin asked.
“Yes,” he answered again.
“So if you think I’m Snow White and you are a boy, will we get married?” Little Kellin asked.
“I guess, but I don’t know if I’m a prince,” Vic said.
“What’s a prince like?” Little Kellin was flooding little Vic with questions.
“He’s kind and thinks the princess is pretty and kisses her,” Little Vic answered.

“Oh,” Kellin paused. “So, you’ve already been kind and you called me pretty. So all you need to do is kiss me to be a prince. Then we can get married.” Kellin said with a smile.
“I guess that because you’re a girl and I’m a boy. We will get married eventually.” It was amusing to see that both boys were caught up in their conversation without realizing their mothers were hearing the whole thing and finding it amusing. Also to see that little Vic found himself to be the smartest kid within his social group and he was coming up with conclusions that a boy was a girl.

“Okay,” Little Kellin started, releasing another piece of mist.
“So I’m a princess and you’ll marry me when we kiss,” he stated. He took Little Vic’s hand and their warmth over passed their little mittens.

It wasn’t until little Vic was done hearing little Kellin talking that he noticed the elders giggling.

He then blushed and took a couple steps back but little Kellin never let go of little Vic’s hand, which led him to being dragged by elder Vic.

The mothers laughed once more.
“Mommy, Vic and I will get married,” Little Kellin claimed.
“No, I haven’t kissed you… and I won’t…” Even little Vic didn’t know if he wanted to. The idea of being with a princess made him wonder. Being a prince did sound cool and brave to his childish mentality.
“Why won’t you Vic? Kellin’s pretty,” Mommy Vivian teased.
“Sure, what could be the harm,” Kellin’s mommy went along with it. Because they were just little boy, they found no harm in messing with them.

In his mind, little Vic thought ‘should I do it?’

“Mommy,” Little Vic paused. “Can I kiss Kellin?”
Both mothers now laughed and the boys were left with the confusion.
Mommy Vivian looked at Kellin’s mother, to confirm if they were up for the entertainment.
“Go ahead, by all means,” Kellin’s mom whispered. Deep down, she knew that the least Kellin could have, was the illusion that he had a friend, and prince, for at least a day.

“Sure Vic, go ahead,” Mommy Vivian gave the child permission. Leaving him there, to take action. He stared at little Kellin with eyes of interest. Little Kellin looked away in embarrassment, realizing what was going to happen. A kiss.

Little Vic was going for it; he leaned in to kiss little Kellin.
As soon as he leaned in, Kellin moved his face…

The result made the mothers gasp. Little Vic had accidentally kissed Little Kellin, perfectly on the lips. Both boys now looked at each other.

“Eew, Vic kissed a girl!” Little Mike yelled from the second floor window.
The mothers now laughed at the random statement.

“Mommy, now I’m going to marry my prince,” little Kellin yelled innocently.
Kellin’s mother responded with a smile.
“Well, Kellin I’m sorry to say that…your father will be home soon and we have to leave,” Kellin’s mom yelled back. Little Kellin’s smile faded as he now remembered that this was reality and that his place was back in the attic.

“Okay mommy,” Kellin answered. He then looked back, “Vic, will you keep building the snowman?”
“Yes,” answered. “But promise me you’ll also build one,” Vic said.
“Yes, I promise!” From then, little Kellin rushed away to his mother’s embrace, who then said her goodbyes to Mommy Vivian, and it was only them who knew the conversation that took place while all the children were gone.

The secret that Mommy Vivian now knew…

And now, in the present time…

Mike and Vic kept silent. They didn’t tell the town boys, whom they saw…
Vic kept his secret with his princess and kept building the snowman, and the spring came to only melt the snow of attempts and love.

Mommy Vivian now only sits by the window, painfully listening to the screams of terror, only to imagine the poor child in the attic.

Little Kellin only sits in the attic watching the brothers and watching the town boys, their games, fun, and smiles. Wishing for another day like that winter day.

The day the prince kissed his princess and promised to marry and build snowmans big enough to see higher than the fence that kept them apart.

But all that are left is green grass, secrets, promises, and silent prayers…
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the introductory chapter, to conitnue the story and chapters you must go to the sequel.

Thanks for reading, please comment and recommend!
The sequel is the continuation!