Status: Will Update When Possible

Serenity.

Have Fun Last Night

Saylor hid her face under the blankets trying to seclude herself away from the bustling outside world. Her bedroom was bright causing her head to pound ever so loudly. She groaned and reached for the Advil that sat on her bedside table. She took three, more than the recommended dose, but she had enough experience to know that it was okay. She grabbed her phone and skipped through all of the messages only opening one.

From: Dyl
Have fun last night?


She rolled her eyes. Once again her best friend ditched her because of his overbearing girlfriend.

To: Dyl
No. You weren’t there, per usual.


She slipped out of her bed and walked to the shower. She let the hot water wake her up and wash away the smell of liquor and cigarettes. After washing her hair and body she turned the water cold. It felt awakening as the cold pellets hit her warm body. Her phone rang on the counter returning her to reality. She grabbed a towel and dried off, tying it around herself when she was finished. She sat on the floor of her bedroom and unlocked her phone once more.

From: Dyl
There’s a party at T-Posey’s tonight. I’ll actually be there and you can come.


The girl smiled as she typed her reply. I’ll be there.

It was already well into the afternoon before Saylor was ready to function in society. She slipped on an oversized shirt and Nike shorts. She made her way to the living room and laid on the couch. She sighed and looked through photos from the previous night on her phone. Most of them were blurry and the few that weren’t were definitely post worthy. She checked her Twitter, it was going crazy. She rolled her eyes at the usual hate comments and smiled at the fan messages. Saylor and Dylan made it big at the same time. To them it was typical, they couldn’t do anything without one another. But others didn’t quite understand that. A lot of people hated on Saylor. The typical comment referred to her as a leech; the girl who latched on to Dylan and wouldn’t let go. She shook her head away from those thoughts. Truth is; she didn’t want to be famous. She joined Dylan’s Youtube because he nagged her to the point of no return. Then everything just happened.

Her phone rang, startling her slightly, “Hello?”

“Saylor, I found some lovely photos. I think you should drive over and see them.” Her mother beamed.

She sighed, “Okay. I’ll be there soon.”


She knew there was no point in saying no. Her mother wouldn’t give up. She glanced out of her window and saw that the sidewalk was empty. She smiled, no paparazzi, meaning no makeup. She grabbed her cars and darted for her car. The drive from LA to Hermosa Beach took a little over an hour due to the traffic. She pulled into the driveway and made her way towards the familiar house. As soon as Saylor was in the door her mother greeted her with a hug.

Saylor glanced at the coffee table that was now overridden with photographs, “I’m assuming those are it.”

She walked over to the table, taking a seat on the couch. Her mother just continued to smile and handed her a picture. Saylor instantly knew where it had been taken; Ryan’s graduation party. Dylan had asked Ryan to prom and they began dating shortly after that. She threw a graduation party and things got a little chaotic.
__________________________________________________________

Saylor and Dylan stood by the fire with a few of their friends. Everyone had a cup in their hand a smile plastered on their face. It was their graduation night; everyone had been counting down to this since freshman year. Saylor glanced over at Dylan whose smile faded instantly. She followed his gaze and her mouth fell open. There was Ryan, Dylan’s girlfriend kissing some other guy. Dylan hung his head and walked off. Saylor, on the other hand, dropped her cup and rushed towards the girl. At this point everyone had noticed what was happening and all eyes were on her.

“Are you fucking serious?” Saylor screamed causing the other girl to jump back.

Ryan stared at Saylor with horror filled eyes, “I-It’s not like that. I’m just a little tipsy and-“

Before she could finish her sentence Saylor’s fist collided with her nose. That earned an “oh shit” from the crowd. Ryan fell to the ground and Saylor felt someone’s arms wrap around her waist pulling her away. Once away from the crowd she was let go.

“What were you thinking?” Dylan scolded.

Saylor shrugged, “She deserved it.”

He chuckled and shook his head, “My place or yours?”

Saylor smiled, “Mine. My parents gave me the house for the weekend.”

Dylan grabbed her hand and led her to the car. The drive was short, just a few blocks away. As soon as they were parked Saylor was out of the car and running inside, Dylan ran to catch up with her. She opened the fridge and pulled out a bottle of Everclear and fruit punch. He raised a brow at her as she poured two drinks. She handed him a cup but he placed it on the bar.

She eyed him warily, “Do you not want to drink?”

He didn’t reply. He stepped closer to her, closing the distance between them. Saylor kept her eyes locked on his. He leaned down and kissed her gently on the lips.

________________________________________________________________

“Saylor?” Her mother’s voice brought her back to the present.

“Huh?” She questioned.

Her mother was dead set on her, “Your phone rang twice.”

Saylor nodded and picked it up.

From: Dyl
Come hang out before the party.


A smile spread across her lips.

To: Dyl
I’m at my moms. I have to get ready then I’ll head over.

From: Dylan
Hurry.


Saylor stood up, “Sorry mom, but Dylan wants to hang out and I haven’t seen him in like a month.”

Her mother smiled, “Go have fun.”

Saylor hugged her mother goodbye and started her journey back to the city.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I decided to rewrite this story with a new plot. Let me know what you think so far.

-Nina