Status: This is something I'm just playing with. Feedback is always appreciated.

Quantico

Mr. Reid

I woke up to a bright room, and a slight beeping sound in the background. It was hard for my eyes to adjust before I could tell where I was. I was in a hospital bed, oxygen tube around my face and another liquid going through a vein in my hand, and a clip on my finger to measure my heart rate. So far it seemed steady.
I tried to lift my arms, and I felt incredibly weak. The room was so bright, I had to close the curtains. I swung my legs to the side, they were so heavy. I counted to three in my head to create strength to get up. I shoved up from the bed, immediately felt dizzy and I the hit the floor. I heard my heart rate beep get faster.

"Whoa whoa there little lady." I heard a deep voice and a few quick steps into my direction.

I got scared and I crawled into the corner as fast as I could, taking the liquid bag attached to my hand with me. It tugged on my skin and the needle slipped out. I cried out, holding my hand. I shoved my legs under that hospital gown and shut my eyes again.
'please, no more, no more' I begged in my head.

"Hey, it's okay." I heard a sweet female voice. I peeked from behind my knees to see a pretty blonde woman with blue eyes, bending over to catch my eye.
"My name is JJ. And this is Derek. We work with the FBI. We're not going to hurt you."
I looked over to find a handsome dark man, short cropped hair and deep brown eyes crouched down a few feet away from me, he looked worried. But I didn't feel comfortable keeping eye contact with him.
"Would you like to get back into your bed? You'll be more comfortable there, and we should clean your hands." Suggested JJ. I looked down at my bloody hands from the cut caused by the needle.
I started to slowly get up but knew I was too weak, the darker man rushed over to me, causing me to jump back further to the wall. I started crying. He looked at JJ.
"She must feel cautious around men with authority right now..." She said hushed.

My eyes flashed back between the two. "Derek and I are here to help, but would you feel more comfortable if I were to help you to your bed?" I didn't answer her, but she slowly reached out her hand, still keeping distance. I slowly took it, not taking my eyes off Derek.
JJ slowly walked me to my bed where I sat down. A nurse came in to clean off my hands and help me put my legs back on the bed.

"Can you tell us your name?" She asked softly.
I looked at her. I opened my mouth to answer but I wasn't sure. 'Whats my name?' I thought. I got scared. Why couldn't I think of my name? How'd I get to the hospital? How did I survive? I just remember getting beat over and over again. I broke out in a cold sweat.

"It's alright. Take your time. One thing at a time. Your name sweetheart." She said.

I closed my eyes and felt a tear. My name... My name... I cried.
"Kaine Roselyn Welsh." I whispered, my throat was so dry.
"Good job." JJ reassured me. She tried to attempt a smile at me, but she couldn't.
I looked at Derek, then back to my lap, I played with my fingers.

"What do you remember?" He asked softly. I couldn't look at him.
"Just get some rest okay Kaine?" Said JJ. "If it's alright, we'd like to come visit you later." She added.

"I won't be able to sleep." I said, more to myself than her. "That's when he'd rape me..." I added quieter. I looked up at her and she was looking to the ground.
"How did I get here?" I asked. JJ and Derek looked at each other.

"We found you. We've been tracking the man that abducted you for months. When we found you, you were restrained to a chair and passed out. They found a form of heroine in your system. We believe he used it to get you under his control." JJ talked slowly and softly. I started to cry. "Do you want me to stop?" I shook my head no. "I want to... I need to know everything..." I answered.
JJ continued, "You were there for about a week."

"Why me?"

"You fit the mans sexual desires. You were young, fit and well known in your community. You were... Are independent. You fit his pervious girlfriend that left him a few months back. That was his stressor. He was also schizophrenic, he claimed that voices told him you were meant to be. He was stalking you for weeks before he took you."

I looked to the doorway where a tall, slender man with glasses stood. He was fumbling with his watch and not meeting my eyes. My mouth gaped at him.

"This is Dr. Spencer Reid." Derek pointed out. "He can be a little forward." He added. "Sorry..." Responded Spencer, hushed, and looking to the ground. I starred blankly at him.

"Kaine, do you have any family we can call?" asked JJ, resting her hand on mine. I thought for a moment.

"No. I don't have siblings, my parents we're only children, they died and I don't have grandparents. I'm alone." I looked down in my lap. Not having a family, I got used to it, I was forced to adapt on my own, but when you go through what I did, you need family.

"Friends?" asked Derek. "My landlord? Mary Welks. I guess she's the closest thing I have to a grandmother." I answered.

"We'll let you rest. But we'll be right outside if you need us." Replied JJ, rubbing my hang softly.

"Mr. Reid?... will you stay?" I asked. He shyly rubbed the back of his neck as JJ and Derek exited the room. "Please, Reid. Or Spencer." He said.

"What was this man's name?" I asked softly. "Gregory Hicks." He replied. "Where is he now?" "In custody. We found other victims with his DNA in a near by field. He'll be going away for a long time, most likely the death penalty."

I felt a cold sweat run across my forehead, and my throat get dry. I closed my eyes. "If you didn't find me... would I be dead?" I asked. I heard his hesitation. "It's possible. Yes." He answered. All of the sudden I was hit with a headache, my hands started to feel clammy. I realized I was shivering.

"Withdrawal." I heard Spencer say. I opened my eyes and looked up at him. "Don't worry, I went through the same thing. It passes but it takes some time."

"You were addicted to drugs?" "I was taken, beaten and tortured, and drugged, like you..." Spencer answered, with his hands shyly in his pocket.

Derek reentered the room, "We informed Mary about your whereabouts. But your doctor wants you to rest more before she can come in and visit." I shook my head in agreement. "Thank you." I replied.
Spencer and Derek were turned to leave.... "Will I get to see any of you again?"

"Please don't hesitate to call me. If you need anything." Replied Derek, handing me his business card.