Status: Updates are really slow...

Remember When You Were a Mad Man

Bad News From the Zones,Tumbleweeds

"Nova! Nova wake up!" ,Zander's small voice rang in my ears. "Wake up Piper!" I rolled over and Zander's annoying levels during the morning were not a nice help.

Suddenly the door busted open which let in all the light from the outside. "Zander, why don't you leave your sister alone and go play outside with Jada and Max" I didn't look up from under my heap of blankets but I heard Zander's pitter-pattered feet run off.

"Get up Nova. You can't sleep in when the world as we know it is ending." Jane says as she rips my blanket from my body; making me curl into a fetal position.

As if enough hasn't happened already.

Fate has turned against us and we only have so much time left before there's nothing left. See a few months ago an outbreak of some sort of sickness that reanimated to body after death or contact with the blood. It speared like wildfire across the globe in what seemed like over night.

The bodies turned a terrible white-blue , decaying flesh hanging by a thread to the material of their bones, mouths dripping with blood from the recent unlucky victim as well as their own.

Basically those who couldn't out run other became a Human Happy Meal. And there's only one word for that.... Zombies...

Not everything started to shut down due to there suddenly being a lack of humans like you would have thought. We still had electricity but only a limited amount that we only use at night.

The undead mindlessly walk around with an occasional screech when some one gets too close. Sometimes I wish I would've died by the toxic gas bombs that they dropped to try and stop the spread and bring the Geeks down. They failed, Geeks still walk around with half a body.

I don't even know or I should really say I don't remember , how we came to find this group of ours. But Zander couldn't travel because anything we did exhausted him. He's doing well now, he seems pretty happy I mean there's lots of kids his age for him to play with which is good cause one can only play "Army Soldier "for so long... Literally.

Zander doesn't quite grasp what's happening here yet, not even after what happened to his parents.

Then again what 5 five year old will?

Yes, I wish things could have ended differently. It's a fucking Zombie Apocalypse for crying out loud.

"I brought you something to eat" Jane said as she plopped herself down. I groan and mumble "I don't care" as I sit up. "Ah she's alive at last!" She fake gasps, then hands me a can of mixed fruit and a plastic fork. Fancy.

"I know, I know. It's not much but I didn't think you want to eat week and a half old frog legs.."

NO .

I happily shoveled a fork full of fruit into my mouth. "Oh and make sure to get dressed in something warm it's colder than usual outside." and with that she left.

YES MUM.

Ever since this happened the world was plunged into an all around winter. I felt like the globe was dress in snow. It felt dead. It just pulled the cold on likes sweater. Snow that you sink up to your knees in. Tree wore blankets of ice. Minus the living undead you'd never know we were dying. It was beautiful yet deadly.

I roll over off the bed and change into my pants. I change my shirt then step into Caleb's old jacket. It hasn't been the same since the Geeks got to him.

Boot?... Boot, where's my other boot? Ah, I find it under the bed.

"Ahhhh!NO! NOVA HELP ME!!HELP ME!! NOVA!" Zander's shrill scream caught me off guard. What.

I didn't want to see what would come when I got outside. Because if Zander was playing; some oner would surely tell him to quiet down or he'll attract the Geeks.

This time he called for me. I waited a minute to see if the screams would stop and Zander's laughter would follow.

They didn't and I couldn't get through he door fast enough. He can't leave me. He promised.