Status: Updates are really slow...

Remember When You Were a Mad Man

And The Highways I Call Home

It was maybe noon or so when I stopped driving and pulled over to the side of the load road that came up to the next town. I get around the back of the truck and grab my game bag

That had the remains of the food rations me and Zander had.

Then I know I'm still alone. I don't usually show my feelings but right now I just don't know what to feel.

Anger,because Zander left me alone in the world of flesh eating Creatures?

Guilt, because I failed to protect him?

I guess, since we got with this group we kinda got too comfortable. Or at least I did. Arcane is the only reminder. But with Zander not being around to baby him we both both have no choice but to keep each other safe.

Speaking of the fur ball, he follows me everywhere!

I unlatch the truck bed and jump on. I pat the space next to me and look down at Arcane. He obediently jumped up onto the truck and sat.

I pulled out the last can of tuna that we surprisingly had, opened it and slid it in front of Him. Arcane happily started gobbling it down.

"Slow down cat you're going to get a stomach ache eating like that" I huff. He just stares at me and tilted his head to the side.

Typical.

I tore off small pieces of bread and deer meat then took a swig of water to wash down that awful taste. After Arcane was done stuffing his face with tuna, he hiccuped and walked into my lap. He yawned and settled down to sleep off his full belly. My eyes as well started to drift closed.

I flinched when a wide roaring sound came up. I peaked around the truck to see if it was maybe a car which there wasn't anything of the sort from what I could see, not even in the distance.

I scanned the sky and saw two streaks of thick black fog led by a diving plane. The plane coughed out heavy smoke from both it's lungs. It never leveled while it fell. The plane spiraled one last time before making three deep gashes in the earth. The craft's wings like sawn off arms and scattered.

Everything was set ablaze; if anyone even survived that crash they defiantly won't come out without a severe injury which is a risk of infection. None the less the crash had made so much noise there's bound to be a herd of Geeks heading this way just dying to tear apart barbecued flesh.

____________

There was blood everywhere, there could've possibly been a Geek on board. Roasted bodies peppered the field. As for the passengers they were still strapped to their seat; dead.

All of them...dead. Not on surviving human at least.

Oh but there were a lot of geeks. Clawing at the restraint just to get me. They're screeches filled my ears. I put a bullet in their heads.

The captain and trainee were both in bad shape as well (dead) of course they were the ones who took the crash head on. The captains was color of bone; a skeleton shade of dead, with a hollow face and black eyes, a muffled uniform as well. The trainee wasn't so lucky... His body was contorted into an odd angle, it was impaled by the seat and steering wheel.

_____________________________

My game bag was now full with a CB radio from the captain pit, the entire medical supply, the water reserves which holy hell to find this much water is like being baptized all over again.

I ran through a couple of suit cases and found some new clothes that surprisingly fit me. I couldn't have been the only on to see that plane go down, actually people would be here any minute now. I guess I should be nice and leave some supply for them.

Arcane and I trotted back to the truck and started it up again. The sun was going down and I need to find a place to start at least for the night ...and fast. I spent more time gutting the plane of its valuables than I should've...

There's some ruins of a town way before BL/I was around that isn't too far from here. Who knows what could be there other than The Geeks, it could be totally over run. And it could be a possible safe heaven for me to hate myself for the rest of my life...
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy!