Status: Updates are really slow...

Remember When You Were a Mad Man

Then I'd Be Another Memory

*Flashback*

"Come on Fazer Bunny" I dragged my sister Anna through the desert emptiness. We were sent to scout out a new place to call Base and we've come across an old warehouse. The warehouse had cage like containment units that could possibly be used for room but then again the wouldn't be any walls which meant no privacy...

"I don't know about this Nova... What if a Drac sees us?" Anna's voice was shaking just as much as the ray gun in her grip.

"Dracs don't bother to show up around these parts, An, we'll be fine"

In my head I was mapping out what could be used as what in the warehouse. Upstairs was an open floor that was empty which could be used for indoor recruit training/physical combat practice. Outside is obviously where the real training using your ray gun happens. I could arrange the training area my self since I'm the Head of training the newer recruits when I'm not out being one of The Fabulous Killjoys with Party, Kobra and Ghoul. It's always ' Teach the The Fresh Meat this ...Teach'em that... Help them make sure that don't shot themselves in the face or their foot off "

" um.. Ghost.. Wh-What's that..?!?" Anna taps on my arm to get my attention from my decor planning. I look up an it's a Drac obviously by the white suit yet no fake vampire mask. Only this Drac had no gun ,was covered in blood, one arm was gone and a broken jaw hanging freely to the side. The Drac made a horrible screeching sound and swatted at the air as it hobbled towards us. As it got closer I could see the white and almost transparent blue infected skin hanging off his face and ugly rotten teeth as he bared them.

"Anna get in that cage to the left don't come out till I come back , you hear me?" I pulled out my gun and aimed it at the Diseased Drac. Anna did as she was told. The Drac drew closer despite my threats to shot him if he got closer. I backed away, I was trying to lead him away from reach of Anna because who knows what this thing can do.

Suddenly I tripped backwards on a welding tool and landed quite hard on my back. Anna yelled telling me to move but the air was knocked out of my lungs in the process of falling. The Drac attempted to grab me so I shot it first in the chest but that did nothing. I used my leg on his chest to keep him getting a hold of me. He drooled black blood onto my shoes as he tried to bite my foot or maybe rip my leg off completely.

I got to admit I was struggling.. I've fought a lot of people in my years here but this one was stronger. I screamed bloody murder as a gut wrenching pain shot throughout my leg. I looked up and saw bone sticking out under my knee. Obviously my leg is broken. I saw the blood oozing from my leg. I felt like I was going to vomit and I became dizzy. I couldn't see where my gun was pointed but I shot blindly at the Drac.

Before I completely lost it I saw Anna's blonde hair and the small trance of smoke that came from the clean hole on the Drac's stomach.

I drooped my gun and continued to writhe in pain," Nova!! Nova are you alright ?!?"

Anna kneeled down next to me. I pressed my finger to my lips to shh her. "I'm fine, listen my leg is broken and I've got bone protruding from it..radio into base and get them to sent someone in a car because I can't ride my motorcycle like th- Anna MOVE!!"

My last order didn't register until Anna turned around and the Drac sank it's filthy teeth into my sister's thigh. I grabbed my gun and shot the creature in the head and it fell once more,hopefully dead this time...

Soon after that Anna began to shake violently on the floor. She began foaming at the mouth with a mixture of blood as well.

The lights in the warehouse came on. People in quarantine suits ran in. One dragged the Drac's body away while two others placed Anna onto a gurney and began to wheel her away. I was weak and couldn't move ;helpless. I couldn't find the voice to scream for them to return Anna.

Next one of them held me down and pulled a breathing mask over my face. I stopped struggling as the effects of whatever gas was in there knocked me out.

________________________________________

*PRESENT TIME*

"Hey... Hey Battery Baby WAKE UP!!" Faintly I hear another girl's voice. Someone is shaking me. "Come on chick WAKE UP!"

Am I dead?

I open my eyes slowly trying to adjust to the light. Once everything goes into focus I realized that I am in fact not in my painters house. There's a girl with burnt orange hair in desperate need to be redyed sitting on the edge of the bed with smile on her face and cloth in her hand.

"Finally awake aren't we?" I can already tell her voice is annoying. I bring my hand up to my throbbing head as I sit up. I remember that I still had a cut on my forehead and flinched slightly as I touched it.

"Yep that's a pretty deep cut you had there. Don't worry I stitched it up for you." The girl reached out and patted the cut gently with the cloth to wipe off any dried blood I assume. "I'm Midnight by the way. I hear your from Battery City ehy?"

"I'm Nova" I shrugged.

"Well Nova you took a bit of a spill. Party was just going back out to tell you to get back inside and you collapsed right in front of him, he nearly passed out himself. The guys have been worried sick about you. We checked out that bracelet you had got any idea what was in there?" She pulled out the pieces of the bracelet from her bag and handed it to me.

"It pumped a liquified version of our Modifier Pills. They put that on me back at one point I refused to take the actual pill." I stated.Midnight laughs a little as I handed the pieces back to her.

"Honey this ain't any Modifier Pill you've got here it's this thing called 'Sweet Side', the effects cause major memory loss and allow new ones to be implanted..." She explains,"We're more than positive this is what they've been giving to erase your memory of your life out here as a Killjoy"

"I don't exactly know what to think right now...stuff isn't doesn't seem right up here" I said as I tapped my head.