Status: Updates are really slow...

Remember When You Were a Mad Man

Are you Ready? Well I think I'm Alright

Suddenly Gerard runs into the room tossing a gun at the girl and yelling "A Pack of them are heading this way. Time to roll out!"

"Looks like Party wants to evaluate how good your skills are early today. Feel up to it?" Midnight wipes off her gun with the end of her shirt and blows any dirt off of it.

"Are you kidding me, I'm always up for killing the undead!" I swing my feet over the edge of the bed and put on my boots then make sure my extra knife of secured in it. I grab my sword and reattach it to my belt as well.

"Midnight! Nova ! Ready to go?!" Frank yells from somewhere else in the house.

"Shot gun!" Midnight yells and skips out of the room as I tag behind her.

Once we all get outside I'm greeted with a hug by Frank and Mikey. Mikey introduces me to Jet Star a.k.a as Ray Toro.According to Mikey, Ray join the killjoys not long after I was gone. Gerard gets into the drivers seat of the beat up truck and is followed by Ray in the passenger side. Frank,Midnight and Mikey sit in the remaining seats.

"Sorry Battery Baby! Can't sit in the truck with us until we know how good of a fighter you are!Get in the back!" Nessa snorts and pointed her thumb toward the bed of the truck. As ordered I hop into the back sitting with my back against the window. The bed of the truck was freezing!

We drove for what seemed like forever until I heard the familiar sound of Ray Guns shooting. I whipped my head around the side of the car. The car was still moving but it was just slow enough for me to jump off and land on the ground without injury. Instantly I started cutting down the undead.

The slightly audible wwwhhiipp sound coming from my sword and the sound of head being detached were the only thing I thought about. No fancy tricks Nova just get this over with it's fucking snowing outside! Damn I can't feel my fingers!

This one particular Walker's head had my sword stuck in the middle of its throat as I didn't deliver a good enough swing to slice it in one go. I let it drop to the snow covered ground then use my foot to dislodge the blade.

I looked around for everyone else. Most of them using guns and others using weapons that didn't require batteries or bullets like knifes,bats, and hammers.

"There's three more getting closer on your left side Nova" I heard someone tell at me. I turn quickly to the left and cut down one. Another one I kick in the stomach to knock it off balance and stomp several times on it's head.

"Nova!" , A ray beam zips past my face slightly burning across my cheek which caused me fall back.

"Hey! Did I hit you?!" I prodded across the side of my face and soon saw blood in my fingers. Gerard kneeled next to me after putting away his gun in it's holster. I wiped my cheek with my sleeve then noticed a red stain smeared across.

"You aren't going to pass out again are you?" Gerard grabs some snow from the ground in his had and pressed it against my cheek bone. The coldness numbed it which kept me awake.

"Nah..I'm fine.. The beam just grazed my skin" I packed on another layer of ice onto my cheek and the stinging sensation melted away like the ice.

"Nova that was amazing!" Ray gave gave me a high five. I got several compliments from other killjoys about my technique. Some were surprised that I only used a sword as they are used to their long range guns.

The herd has been dealt with and most of everyone has started up their cars. I flick the blood off the blade and put it into the holster. Once again everyone takes the seats in the truck and I'm left to the bed of the truck. Every now and then I'd shake the flurries of snow off my shoulders.

We stop by a different gas station with everyone yelling "Try the Vend-A-Hack, Mikey!". Mikey grabs a small box out of the truck and hooks it up the BL/I vending machine.

"Mikey created the little contraption he's got there. Makes the vending machine go over load and give more than what you paid for." Frank says through the window down at me. Sure enough Mikey and Midnight return with armfuls of canned food.

" We dine like the Evil tonight!" I often wondered what was in those cans.

Once we got back to the base it was already dark outside. The killjoys exited the car with loud screams and wolf howls like teenage football players who just won a championship. Everyone sits on the porch to divide the catch. Ray hands me a large can and a wooden spoon.

I watched the guys while they dared Mikey to eat from one of cans. Mikey ate a spoonful of brown mush which could have been mistaken as dog food or upchuck. Mikey almost gaged which made the dudes laugh hysterically.

"Alright I don't know about you guys ..but I have got to take a bath like holy shit I'm making my self gag!" Midnight declared after she finished her can.

* 30 minutes later *

"I have cleansed! I smell like vanilla!" Midnight walks in with a towel in her hair. She points at me then indicates for me to follow. I follow her down the hallway toward the bathroom.

"I'm sure you probably want a bath too because honey that hair is as greased and mattes as Gerard's hair." She hands me a towel and a bottle of shampoo. "Just don't use that all up will ya, it took me forever to find that"

I look over at the bucket of water on the floor and pray it's not the same water she used. I start to peel off my clothes and start bathing. I run my fingers furiously though my hair with the shampoo and thank Midnight for letting me use it. I scrub the grime off my body then dunk the remaining water in the bucket over my head. I dry off and put my clothes quickly back on except my shirt. I'm still drying my hair and I hate to have my hair dripping onto my shirt. I soon here a knock on the door. It's Nessa carrying a blow dryer.

"I thought you might like to dry your hair properly with this.. Don't let the guys use it!" And with that she handed me the dryer and a brush. I begin to tame my damp hair with the appliance.

Suddenly the door swings open causing my to the drop the blow dryer onto my foot."Oh god I'm sorry! Why the hell don't you have a shirt on?!" The voice says frantically. I scrambled to get the blow dryer from the floor and turn it off as it battery operated. I dive for my shirt then pull it over my head. I pushed past the shocked red haired killjoy to get back the my room and slam the door behind me.