Status: In Progress

Tied Together With a Smile

Leave Her Alone

Over the next few weeks at school, I started to gain more and more friends. Abigail and I shared all our classes together, and it turns out she is amazing at guitar. So, me being me, made her give me a few lessons. I started to fall in love with country music over the past few months, so I really wanted to know how to play guitar well, so I could write my own.

It wasn’t long before me and Abigail started to write duets and play music together. I had a really good grasp for piano so I did a lot towards that. I even managed to catch the principles eye and received a spot in a performance night coming up. I cannot wait! This is going to be an awesome opportunity for me to gain more experience with music.

Our group was sitting at our usual spot in the cafeteria when my eyes drifted over to a certain someone. Andy was with Scout, and they looked pretty cosy. “Are Andy and Scout dating?” I blurt out and interrupt the group. I felt my heart rip in too. I still had this crazy crush over him, and knowing they are together... ouch.

“Oh yeah, I think that happened over the weekend,” Jasper, one of our close male friends said. Jasper’s older brother is one of Andy’s friends, so he gets quite a lot of insight.

“Really?” I mumbled and look back down towards my food. Suddenly my appetite was gone. I felt gross inside, and I really didn’t want to be here.

“Yeah, the two of them were around on the weekend at one of Jamie’s parties, I think they got together that night,” He says and then starts up another conversation with a friend about the party. I look over at the happy couple and then back down to the ground.

“You okay?” Abigail whispers in my ear and she gives me a little hug. I look over and nod my head. She knows I like him, but there is nothing we can do now.

xXx

With my head hanging low, holding back a few tears I make my way to my next class. The ground was dirty; the tiles looked like they hadn’t been cleaned all for awhile. I could hear footsteps and Abigail’s voice next to me as she talked to Jasper. All of a sudden out of know where I feel a shoulder bumping into me. I turn sharply and go to apologize when I see who it is.

“S-sorry!” I stutter as I look up into Scouts eyes. Her friends all stare, eyes wide with shock. What just happened should never happen. I mean really, a 12 year old bumping into a 16 year old. I am an unpopular kid and I just walked into one of the most popular girls in her year. Like seriously, she is never going to let me live this down.

“Sorry? Sorry doesn’t change what you did!” She sneers and glares at me. She notices a book in my hand, my lyric book and she grabs it from me. She looks through it laughing out loud, and reading out the lyrics in a sarcastic voice with her friends. My cheeks go red, and I feel tears sting at my eyes as I try grabbing it from her. She laughs and pushes me back, I fall to the ground.

“I like the way your hair falls in your face, you got the keys to me,” She laughs. “Oh you’re in love, ha, like you know what love is,” Her and her friends start laughing about how stupid I apparently sound.

“Scout, please leave her alone!” Abigail says as she helps me out. I stumble to my feet, my knees weak and my back sore. I look back over to her and try to grab my book again and she just laughs.

“Leave her alone? Please, this is gold!” She says before continuing what she was doing. She found more lyrics I had written about Andy, although it mentioned no names, it still hurt as she made fun of them.

“The time is gonna come when you’re so mad you could cry, but I’ll hold you through the night until you smile,” her blonde friend reads out and they all start laughing.

“Like a 12 year old is going to hold someone through the night,” her other friend says and they all start giggling. Tears stung my eyes, and I wanted to run. I wanted to get away. But I couldn’t. I couldn’t leave that book, it was my everything. It had all my past thoughts in there.

“Please, please just give it back!” I say as tears fall from my eyes and I try to grab it back again.

“Hey Scout, babe, why waste your time on a 12 year old, come on,” Andy says as he walks over to the group. She throws my book at me then smiles at Andy. “I guess you’re right, why waste my time on her, when I could be spending it with you!” She says and then gives me one last look, as if to say this isn’t over then follows him; hand in hand they walk off. That was my first incident with Scout, and I knew there would be a lot more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woohoo, the third chapter is out now. I hope you enjoy!