Status: In Progress

Tied Together With a Smile

Little Crush

After the performance, the following weeks I was at peace, no one was picking on me. Well, no one but Scout and her little group of friends, she saw me and Andy hug, so she has been really bitchy towards me, but I don’t care. Abigail and I have been writing music together, we have made some really cool songs. I have been talking to Andy through signs; apparently he’s not allowed to talk to me though. I look over to my friends; they were all laughing and having fun. Life was actually starting to get peaceful again.

“So like, Emma and I had a sleepover the other night and we were watching scary movies, we could not get to sleep that night!” Abigail laughs and jokes about our horror movie session.

“Oh my god, your house creaks so much, I thought ghosts or something was going to kill us!” I say and we both start laughing. I look across the cafeteria and see Andy smiling over at our group.

“Oh you and your little crush!” Jasper calls me out and I glare at him.

“Stop, stop, stop!” I say trying to get him to stop, like seriously, I don’t need extra reasons for Scout to hate me.

“It’s so cute though, Emma and Andy up the-“Liam our other friend starts. Abigail quickly interrupts him with her hand going over his mouth.

“Shh, you know Scout hates her, no need to add to that,” Abigail scolds him and both the boys start laughing.

“Well Scout should be careful, she may have Andy wrapped around her finger now, but I am sure he would leave her any day for Emma,” Jasper says and him and Liam start laughing. He would leave her for me? What, that can’t be true. I mean, I am just me, Emma... I am nothing special.

After a few more jokes Abigail, Liam and I made our way to music class where Mr Walker greets us. He pulls me away from the class to give me news. “Emma, do you know why I have called you over?” He asks with a big smile on his face. Of course I don’t know why, but anyway.

“No, why?” I reply a little confused about what is happening.

“You have been picked to be the headlining act at our high school prom,” He says with a huge smile on his face. “Now you can’t mess this up, this is the first time we have ever had a younger student perform at the prom, but you are quite talented, so we think you will manage it”

I look up at him with a huge smile on my face. Yeah my legs were weak, my brain was overloaded with all this new information and thoughts about it, but oh my god, I was so happy. “Yes, yes, yes!” I exclaim. “This is perfect, thank you so much!” I say and hug my teacher. Yeah we hug, he is really down to earth and has helped me a lot during the past.

“That is great, you will need between 7 and 8 songs to sing, they don’t have to be all your own songs, a few covers here and there won’t hurt, a lot of preparation will go into preparing you for this, so I hope you are ready,” Mr Walker says, warning me about the pressure of performing at the ball.

“I can totally handle it! This is going to be amazing!” I say, I still can’t believe I will be performing. It isn’t for a few months, but there is still a lot to do!

“Great! Now take a seat, class will be starting now,” He says and grins before walking over to his desk and starting class. I smile and run to my seat, sitting between my friends.

“What was that all about?” Abigail asks she looks a little confused.

“Yeah, looked pretty serious, but fun?” Liam says quietly and laughs a little.

“Well, you know, nothing amazing,” I whisper laughing a little. “I didn’t just get told I will be the headliner at the high school prom or anything,” I say a little louder, laughing and a few kids around me stared in shock.

“No way!” Abigail and Liam say in unison, they both give me a side hug and congratulate me. These past few weeks have been amazing. I can’t believe they have been real. And now, in a couple of months I will be performing at the start of the school year high school prom!
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update. This story is also on blackveilbridesfanfiction.com just in case you were wondering. It is a lot more popular on there.