Status: Active

1800-Ashton Press 0 to Date This Dork

003

The next morning.

I woke up and it felt like the whole world was spinning and my body felt numb.
I rolled over and looked at the alarm clock beside my bed and I was awake 10 minutes before my alarm so I stared off at the ceiling blicking really fast. Was it all just a bad dream? or am I actually moving to another state. I understood that this had a chance to happen as mum had gotten a job with the navy and she gave me the warning that she might have to move when she did her training. But this just took me off guard.
I sighed and sat on the side of the bed and stared at the photos of Ashton and I again, how was I going to tell him. We have been best friends forever and this was going to change everything,
how was I going to survive anything without him by myside. I threw myself backwards and buried my face in my hands... just why me?. Soon after the alarm clock starting beeping and it was time to just get on with life as much as I hated it.

--
I was down in the kitchen munching on some vegemite on toast while my mum was on the phone to someone, completely ignoring the fact that I was standing in the kitchen.
In the distance I heard a knock on the door not just any knock it was Ashton's stupid annoying knock..
"I'm off now" I said quickly before grabbing my bag off the kitchen bench,
My mum didnt say anything but gave me a quick wave and continued her phone conversation, I rolled my eyes and walked out of the kitchen towards the front door and slipped on my school shoes on the way and quickly opened the door and saw Ashton standing there.
"Gooooood Morning" He chirped,
"What's so good about it?" I asked,
"Well I get to kiss the wonderful amazing Laura" He replied and started practicing his kissing faces, "Do you think I can slip a tongue in there?"
I rolled my eyes "Oh please don't be weird"
He laughed "So what was the news?"
I sighed "I'd rather not talk about it.. can we go to our secret place after school and talk about it please?" I asked,
Ashton looked at me with concern "Ok if thats what you want"
I nodded "Come on lets get going before we are late"

--
After school.

After school both Ashton and I went home to have dinner and agreed to meet up at the secret place after dinner. My mum had came home with a lot more boxes to help move and started discussing what time removalists will be and started apologising on how late notice she gave me, but I wasn't paying much attention I just stared down at the plate of food and flicked a pea off the plate onto the table and then placed my knife and fork down on the plate and stood up.
"I'm done I'm going to see Ashton" I stated quickly before running upstairs to grab a jumper and dashed out the front door and walked down the road and turned into the empty paddock down the end of the street and passed through the long grass and amongst the trees and up the hill, until I found it our secret place forever.
It was in the middle of the bushland even though where we lived was pretty built up it was just here and it was perfect and we loved it. The secret place was a grassy hill amongst the trees and it had a perfect view of everything and over the years we had made the trees on top of the hill into a cubby house to play in when we were kids but now it had became a home to alot of spiders and we just weren't going to deal with that anymore.
I sat down on the hill and stared down at everything and looked up at the night sky and took a breath of the fresh night winter air and then looked to see Ashton walking up the hill with a hoodie on over his school clothes. He looked up at me and smiled and came and sat beside me,
"Hey Hannah Banana" he laughed,
I laughed and rolled my eyes "Hey Irwin the virgin" I said back,
He laughed "Nicely done"
We both sat there in silence and didn't say anything and we could hear the crickets chirping in the distance. Ashton coughed "So what did you want to tell me?" he asked breaking the silence,
I sighed "So it's bad news" I said and you could hear the sadness coming from my voice,
I felt the tears forming already,
"Han?"
"Sorry its just mum said we have to move to Brisbane by this weekend which doesn't make sense" I said quickly holding back the tears "I feel like shes known for ages but she has been holding it off"
I didn't look up at Ashton at all but I could tell he was upset. I just sighed and leaned on his shoulder "I just wish life could be simple" I cried and and put my head on his shoulder,
Ashton sighed "I know what you mean..." He grabbed my hand and held it softly "Sometimes I wish life would just pause"

We both sat in silence not saying a word and then I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

"How long until you are home?".
I sighed and turned to Ashton "I have to go soon"
He nodded "We will get through this I promise" He stated,
"We will call once a week and write letters to each other like the old days and of course theres Facebook and stuff"
"Would you really do all that?" I laughed
Ashton smiled "Of course I will cause I'll love you until the day I die..." he joked
I looked at him with confusion what is he going on about...
"As a friend" he corrected.
I laughed and the tears started forming again "Can we just sit here quietly again".
--

Soon we walked back to my house and Ashton stopped at the driveway and pulled me into a hug and put my head into his chest.
"It's just like that Jonas Brothers song you love" He joked
"And even when we're miles and miles apart you're still holding all of my heart, I promise it will never be dark I know..we're inseparable"
I smiled into his chest and could hear his heart pounding so fast I looked up at his face and he looekd down at my and smiled "Theres no girl that could ever replace you Han" he said with tears forming in his eyes before he pulled me into his chest.
I sighed and wiped the tears away from my own eyes and pulled away "Ashton I have to go inside" I cried.
I went to walk away but I felt him grab my hand and pull me back towards him "I cant have you move to another state without doing this" He said quickly and rubbed my hair out of my eyes and smiled. I looked back into his eyes and I never noticed how nice they were and then in two seconds he pushed his face towards mine and placed his lips on mine and I felt something I never felt before, a spark. I felt like the world had stopped.
He pulled away and rested his forehead and against mine "Please don't forget me" He said quickly
"I promise" I said before turning away and going inside, I closed the front door and pushed my back against it, what just happened and why did it have to happen right before I moved away.
I sighed and looked out the front window he was gone... I bit my lip and sat down on the staircase and stared down the front door.
Mum walked into the front room "Hannah we leave in two days can you please start packing"
I sighed and walked up to my room and looked at the boxes in the corner and made them up and slowly started packing my life into the boxes and holding back more tears.

Goodbye childhood room,
And goodbye Ashton.
♠ ♠ ♠
What's this a new chapter after 4 years? What is happening!