Status: So, This is the insanity my mind came up with when I was 17/18. Feel free to laugh.

Nightmares Are Dreams in Technicolor

Chapter Twenty

Callie and I got off Blue and made our way to the castle as Jayden talked to one of his workers. From what I could tell he had vampires working for him, but that seemed kind of odd to me. I ignored my thoughts as the castle door was pushed open for Callie and me.

"Wow," I gasped as I walked through the arch way. In front of me was a giant staircase that reminded me of Lynard Skynard's song stairway to heaven.

"I know right," Callie stated in awe.

"Are you girls finding everything to your liking," Jayden asked as he snuck up on us.

"Oh," I answered in a startled tone, "this place is beautiful!"

"Well it is my home," he laughed. "Your rooms should be ready shortly. Until then is there anything I can do for you?"

"I'm kind of hungry," Callie and I said in unison. We glanced at each other and laughed just like before. Jayden smiled.

"Of course. Callie, we can have Jacob fix you something, and Riley, I'm sure we can find you something to eat in the kitchen," Jayden explained as he snapped his fingers. The boy from the mall that Callie had called Bear appeared in the hall. He grinned brightly as his chocolate eyes met Callie's.

"Hey," she cried as she engulfed him in one of her tight embraces.

"Jacob, could you get Callie a bite to eat, please?"

"Sure, boss, but what about, um, Riley. Right?"

"Yeah, nice to see you again Jacob," I waved. He smiled.

"I'll find her something in the staff's kitchen," Jayden explained as he took my arm. "It's this way, love."

We walked down a long dimly lit hallway until we came to the end where a large oak door stood. Jayden waved a hand in front of the door, and it opened without the faintest hit of a squeak. A girl about my age dressed in a maid’s uniform dashed out of the room, and I couldn't help but to wonder why.

"Most of my maids and butlers are human, only because humans tend to clean more efficiently than creatures that can move quickly," Jayden explained as he pulled open random cabinets.

"Oh, so is that why they tend to run from you," I asked curiously.

"They do not run," he answered almost harshly. "They respect their master!"

"Jayden, they are not dogs. They are human beings."

"Riley, just find yourself some food and I'll tell someone to show you to your room when your finished," he hissed. I nodded as I watched him storm out of the kitchen. I shook my head as I opened a cabinet and found bread. I looked on the counter and found a jar of peanut butter, and now to find a spoon.

As I was searching for the silverware, I noticed that the maid had slowly entered the room. I glanced at her to see her hands were shaken in fear. "Um, where are the spoons," I asked politely. She pointed to a drawer near the sink and I smiled. "Thanks."

"No one has ever stood up to the master like that," she whispered.

"He's not that scary," I laughed.

"You don't know his personality yet, ma'am."

"Oh, please call me Riley. You're close to my age after all."

"Yes, Miss Riley."

"What's your name?"

"Um, Maria," she answered as I grabbed the spoon for the peanut butter.

I fixed myself a peanut butter sandwich and offered her one as well. She sat down with me and we ate our sandwiches in silence. That was until I got the nerve up to ask a very important question.

"So Maria, what is Jayden like?"