Status: So, This is the insanity my mind came up with when I was 17/18. Feel free to laugh.

Nightmares Are Dreams in Technicolor

Chapter Twenty One

Maria’s golden eyes began to glow as we sat and talked over our food. She avoided the subject of Jayden at all costs, and it annoyed me beyond belief. “Maria, how did you end up here,” I asked curiously in hopes of her letting in on the secret life of Jayden.

“It’s tough, Miss Riley. The master is, well, I’d rather not talk about it,” she answered solemnly.

“You seriously are no help,” I laughed at her. “I’m trying to snoop around, and all I get is I’d rather not talk about it.”

“I’m sorry. Really, Miss Riley, he is strict on his staff, so I must be going,” she stated quickly as she began cleaning up the mess. Within moments she was running out of the room like she had before, and I was left wondering why his employees run from him.

I sighed as I looked around the large kitchen. Jayden had promised he would send someone to get me, but no one had shown up yet. I walked towards the swinging door, and just as I was about to exit the room the door slammed open knocking me backwards.

“Oh dear jay, please tell me you’re not Riley,” a girl about 5’2 with long blonde hair and deep chocolate eyes pleaded with me. I rubbed my forehead before I could even think of an answer. “Hello in there, are you alright?”

“Um, first; I am Riley, and second; yeah I’m fine,” I answered before I made my way off the floor.

“Jayden is going to murder me,” she said to her self in a worried tone.

“Help me up, and we’ll tell him I fell,” I answered her. She nodded and smiled brightly as she offered me a hand. I took it as I made my way off the floor.

“I’m terribly sorry.”

“It’s fine really, but what’s your name,” I asked curiously as I brushed myself off.

“I’m Amy,” she answered in a cheery tone. I smiled brightly as I held out my hand to her.

“It’s nice to meet you.”

“I’m just glad that I didn’t hurt you. The boss would’ve killed me,” she laughed nervously as she held the door open for me.

“So, I guess we’re going to see my room?”

“That’s right.”

Amy led me through a series of hallways before leading me through a winding staircase. The staircase seemed to last forever and at one point there were even clouds surrounding angels painted on the walls. I was beginning to get tired of going up when Amy stopped abruptly almost causing me to fall down the stairs. Luckily she grabbed my shirt and pulled me back onto the balls of my feet.

“We’re here,” she laughed as she stepped into a door directly off of the staircase. It was odd, but it was stunningly beautiful as well.

I walked into the dark red room only to see a glass wall in front of me. It was dark outside and I could see nothing except the stars sparkling like diamonds. They illuminated the bed, which was made in deep purple colored bedding. The carpet was black, and to the left was a door that was slightly open to reveal a bathroom. To the left there was another similar door that I guessed was a closet. There was a laptop, and a stereo system along with a collection of CD’s and books. I was in heaven. I looked over to Amy in awe. She smiled brightly.

“I hope you like it, I decorated it myself,” she laughed as she headed towards the star wall. “And if you get tired of the stars then just flip this switch,” she gestured towards a lavender switch on the wall, “it’ll close it so you have four dark red walls.”

“It’s perfect,” I sighed.