Status: So, This is the insanity my mind came up with when I was 17/18. Feel free to laugh.

Nightmares Are Dreams in Technicolor

Chapter Thirty Two

I felt like I had been hit by an eighteen wheeler. Everything including my eyelids ached. I felt cold, and it seemed like there was no one in the room with me from the sounds around me. I really didn’t want to open my eyes, but I knew I had to.

I breathed in deeply before I focused all the energy I could manage into opening my eyes. The light was blindingly bright as everything seemed to fade into view. First, my eyes refused to focus on anything, but slowly I could make out a pair of eyes staring into my own. I blinked a few times before those icy blue eyes finally blurred into life. I tried to lift my hand to rub my eyes, but I couldn’t move.

“You’re awake,” Aaron asked skeptically. I wanted to answer, but it hurt way too much to move my muscles.

“Blink once for yes, and twice for no, alright,” Aaron suggested. I blinked once.

“Are you feeling alright?” I blinked twice.

“Can you talk?” I blinked twice again.

“Do you even remember what happened,” he asked sarcastically as he sighed. I blinked once.

“Well that’s a start!”

We sat there for a few moments in silence before Aaron took a deep breath and let it out slowly. He was about the speak when there was a sudden tap at my windowsill. I slowly moved my head towards the window only to be amazed yet again. Blood never give up on being insanely weird, and tonight had to take the cake. He was standing on the ledge of my forth floor window.

“What,” I coughed, “the hell?”

“I thought you couldn’t talk,” Aaron half snarled. I glared daggers at him.

“Hurts,” I choked, “a lot!”

“Oh, well that would make sense.” I rolled my eyes at him.

I took in a deep breath just as a clicking sound came from my door. A man that looked all too familiar waltzed into my room. He had pale skin, and pale blond hair. His eyes were as cold as ice as he glared at me.

“Get your friend off of the side of my house, and then leave this room. She should be alone,” he stated bluntly. He didn’t wait for a reply as he rushed out of the room.

“Blood,” Aaron hissed. I heard a sharp growl before Blood disappeared from the window.

“Aaron,” I asked in a weak tone. I was unsure of my voice, I knew it sounded terrible, but I had to know. “Who does he think I am?”

“I was hoping you could tell me,” he answered in a sorrowful tone. He turned and left the room, but before he left he gave the doorknob a hard twist.

“Hopefully I’ll find out soon,” I whispered as I closed my eyes.

~~~

As I slept odd vision filled my eyelids. I saw Jayden’s castle, but it wasn’t in the clouds like it was now. What appeared to be normal humans stood at the bottom of his long drive way waiting for him to come outside. Finally, that blond haired man with the icy eyes stepped from the doorway, but his eyes weren’t so cold. They appeared to be the same icy blue color, but they were warmer, happier, and pleasant.

He held an arm out as if introducing someone. As if on cue a girl around my age appeared by his side. She had long blond hair that matched the mans. Her skin was like porcelain, and her eyes were like liquid sliver. She was as beautiful as the man was handsome. The man was visibly ecstatic with that woman on his arm, although the woman was visibly ill.

Her silver eyes may have been made to look healthy, but if you looked close enough you could see the dark circles under them. Her lips did not hold a full smile, and her stance was that of fear. Something gave me the feeling that the woman was dying.

“My loyal subjects, I have been nothing but kind to you. I only pray that you will do me the same honor as I introduce to you my bride to be. Evelyn Miles,” the man called cheerfully.

The woman tried to smile brightly as she waved towards the people, but her smile could not reach her eyes. As a lowly peasant looking guy began to cough miserably, I noticed that the woman stared at him for a moment. Suddenly, his cough was gone, and he looked ten times better. The woman, on the other hand, looked ten times worse. That’s when I realized what a healer was.

I gasped as I shot straight up in my bed. A cold sweat had broken out on my forehead, but I ignored it. I threw the covers from my body as I rushed over to the bookcase in my room. Luckily it was still there. “The Diary of Evelyn Miles!”