Status: So, This is the insanity my mind came up with when I was 17/18. Feel free to laugh.

Nightmares Are Dreams in Technicolor

Chapter Thirty Three

I flipped through the pages quickly. At first it appeared to be too old to read, but my eyes seemed to focus on the meaning behind the words rather than the writing. My eyes skimmed bits and pieces at first, until I decided there was too many questions unanswered for me to just begin in the middle. I flipped back a few more pages until I saw Jayden‘s name.

“Dear Diary,
It seems to odd to call you a diary, but for now I shall call you just that. Do you know what a healer is, my friend. A healer has magnificent powers. Powers that are far greater than that of any mere God. A healer can heal themselves quickly without harm, but if that healer tries to heal the sick it is a different tale. The healer is cursed with taking on any illness he or she tries to cure.

That was my down fall. You see, my friend, I did not know that I was among those who call themselves immortal, and I used my power. For good of course. I took away my dear human brother’s disease. It was a retched thing that made him tired and weak. I still do not know the name of this illness, but I have been feeling the effects of what I have done. My body is wearing down. I fear that I shall not last much longer even with the power healing me, the disease is slowly eating away at my organs.

I must tell you, though as evil as it may sound, I wish I had not healed my poor brother now. I have met someone, my friend. He loves me with all his soul, and he is a fellow immortal. Oh, he is a beautiful man, and he is so kind and gentle. If only the rest of the world could look to him as a role model, it would be a much better place for mankind.

I must go; the dawn draws near, and my beloved Jayden will soon call on me. He does not know about my disease yet, but he says he has an important matter to discuss with me. I do hope that he has not grown to attached, for I fear what it might do to him when I do take my leave from this world.”

I gasped. How could this woman be in love with Jayden? How could she think that he was kind and gentle? Was this woman insane? If mankind took Jayden in as a role model the world would surly go to hell in a hand basket! I reread the passage at least ten times before I finally gave up on changing the words. I shook the book hard as if I could get it to change its mind. In the process of shaking the book, a loose piece of paper fell from it. It was old and the edges were frayed.

I unfolded the piece of paper gently and carefully. As I began to open the paper I noticed insane amounts of color. I realized slowly that the paper was the equivalent of a photograph. I gasped as I realized that the photograph was of Jayden in two different forms. His right half was painted as his dark haired self, and the other half was painted as that handsome blond from my dream. The picture reminded me of Harvey Two-Face from Batman, but it was Jayden.

I sighed loudly as I walked into the bathroom. I didn’t bother looking into the mirror as I splashed cool water over my face. I quickly dried the water off of my face as I stood up. As my eyes focused on the girl in front of me, I gasped in fright. At first, I thought she was a real person, but she was only me. I freaked out as I realized that my white blood hair and my silver eyes were those of the girl in my dream.

“What the fuck is happening to me,” I screamed. I heard that wind chime laugher, and I knew Jayden had heard my question.

“I hope you know she was insane,” I thought to myself as the laughter stopped. I suddenly wished that he could read minds.

I went back into the main bedroom as I headed for my computer. I quickly booted it up, and searched for relaxation exercises. It was mostly yoga. Unfortunately. I finally found a few good breathing exercises. Inhale, exhale. Breath in, breath out. Soon I could feel my fingers returning to normal. I walked back into the bathroom and found that I had returned to normal except for my eyes.

I sighed heavily as I walked towards my door. I twisted the doorknob hard, but nothing happened. “Jayden,” I hissed. Cold chills ran up and down my spine as my anger went from barely there to murderous. I didn’t have to move a muscle this time as I glared at the door. I could hear the hinges being unscrewed. In less that one minute the hinges had fallen off and the door was on the floor.

I stood glaring at the empty space where my door had been. I breathed deeply with my fists clenched. I was tempted to find a way to destroy the entire castle like house, but a shadow appeared in my vision followed by a person. “Ry,” Aaron questioned. I took in another deep breath. “Riley?”

“I want him to suffer,” I hissed as I continued to glare. Aaron moved from my line of vision over to my side.

“Breath, Riley. Remember that it’s almost time for you to go back home remember,” he whispered. I could feel the blood boiling in my veins as my power coursed through my body. Aaron wasn’t helping my anger, but somehow, it felt like he was holding in in that one spot.

I felt him stroke my arm above my elbow lightly as he continued to whisper “breath,” and every time I could feel cold chills running down my spine. I got tired of the chills and of standing there finally, so I started to jerk my arm away from Aaron. That seemed to make him angry because he grabbed my upper arm harshly. I felt his hand stinging my skin. I began to struggle as the stinging spread from his hand down to my own and up my shoulder. “Calm down,” Aaron half hissed almost as if he was in pain.

“Let go of me,” I screamed as a burst of pain flooded my body. I could feel my blood run cold, and I could hear Aaron choking in my ear.

“What in the hell are you doing to me,” he hissed. I shook my head and shrugged my arm as we both fell to the floor. His grip loosened until I was free. I glared daggers at him.

“Did you not hear Jayden! He told me that I was a healer. Do you know what that means,” I half cried. Aaron just laid on the floor as if he was gasping for the air he didn’t need. “I can’t heal the dead!”

“What are you talking about,” he sneered as he managed to climb back onto his feet. I scrambled to my own as I continued to glare.

“You tried to kill me!”

I bolt of lightening struck my spine as my arm swung around to hit Aaron. I could feel the power in my veins . Aaron ducked, but he was a millisecond to late. I hit him square in the temple causing him to be disoriented for a few moments. I began to raise my hand against him again when Jayden appeared in my door frame.

“Must you continue to abuse my house. What part of follow instructions do you not understand,” Jayden asked in a sing-song voice. I didn’t have time to think before I lunged at him. He stepped out of the way and I landed in the hall at the feet of someone. I didn’t see the person as I flew through the door.

“Oh my, you were not remotely joking when you mentioned her temper,” a raspy voice laughed. For a moment I was taken aback by the female voice.

“No, Lauren, you of all goddesses should know that I never joke with that sort of thing,” Jayden laughed.

“Well,” she answered as her voice slowly changed to that of wind chimes, “why are you so angry?” I growled as I jumped to my feet.

“I would love to tell you, but I’d rather take it out on him,” I hissed as I glared at Jayden.

“At least I’m not in trouble any more,” Aaron sighed as he leaned against my bed frame. I growled as I changed my glare to him.

“Her healing is activated by her anger, a little like your power, Lauren. I was hoping you could help her so that I might teach her to be wise with those powers.”

“I do not get angry in order to hold a steady control of my power,” she hissed as a sort of dark glow began to form around her.

“Lauren is what we like to call a Dark Goddess. She is similar to you, Riley, in the fact that she is a healer, but her powers are only at their maximum strength when she is angry,” Jayden explained. I rolled my eyes as Lauren glared. I couldn’t help but to raise a hand and shoot those tiny daggers at him just for spite. Lauren raised her eyebrows as she held out her hand.

“Now that we have properly been introduced I believe we should carry out the tradition of shaking hands,” she spoke properly. I looked at her for a moment before taking her hand. A feeling of contentment washed over me as she smiled.

“What are you doing,” I questioned curiously. She released my hand and all that anger flooded back into my veins.

“I can change your mood, but I have to touch you in ordered to do so.”

“Good for you. Now that I don’t want to kill anyone, can I be left alone, and do not lock the door, Jayden!”

“Sure,” he answered almost too happily. “Come my guests, and leave the poor girl alone.”

At last, I sat alone finally. I walked into the bathroom and stood in front of the body length mirror. I was determined to control my power without the help of anyone. I would not have anger controlling me. I sighed as I looked deeply into my forest green eyes. I felt ice chill my bones as I continued to stare. A change was occurring, but I wasn’t sure of what I was doing to make it happen. I was nearly blond when a knock came from my door. “Riley, are you in here. I think we need to talk,” a familiar voice called. I smiled as my Goddess heart fluttered.

“I agree,” I answered as I walked out of the bathroom. I closed my eyes to keep his voice in my head rather than those honey eyes of his.

“Why do you agree,” he asked calmly, but I could tell that he was more than excited.

“Because something has changed in you, and now you’re going to tell me what that change is,” I answered still keeping my eyes tightly shut.

“Ivy and I split up, and it seems like all I can think about is you,” he half whispered. I could tell that he had his head hung down and he was waiting silently for my response.

“And what do you expect me to say,” I asked this time opening my eyes. I could feel the color of them change, but I wasn’t sure what I was at that moment. That was the only down fall of being a Goddess, you never knew what form you were in without a mirror.

“I want you to say that you’ve been thinking about me too, and that you forgive me for being an ass,” he answered as he kept his head down almost as if he was avoiding my eyes.

“I can’t say those things, Blood. I don’t know what’s happening to me, and I certainly don’t know what I want,” I answered sorrowfully. His eyes finally met mine, and those deep honey eyes looked so painstakingly hurt. I could almost feel my hear break for him.

“Yeah, I get it. You’re a God, what would you want with a stupid vampire right,” he hissed sarcastically as he stormed from the room. I took in a deep breath as I felt the sting of his words. I was not like that, and I prayed I never would be.

I shook all thoughts of Blood and any other being out of my head as I walked over to the bookshelf. I sat down and leaned my back against the cool wall as I picked up Evelyn’s diary. I turned to the first page, hoping I would find my life story revealed to me, and wishing that I was truly noting like Evelyn Miles.