Pride

1/1

Image
“I don't want to come back son”

Gohan sat perched on a cliff, overlooking the site where his father had made the ultimate sacrifice – His life. The battlefield still bore the marks of their epic fight against the terrible Cell. A large crater, a patch of dirt darkened with blood from where Trunks had died and there was still a large amount of electricity in the air. He could feel it in his blood, in his bones and in his heart. This place would forever be a reminder to him, A reminder that he failed his father.

“It doesn't matter what dad said...It's all my fault...”, He muttered aloud. He started flicking small rocks over the cliff with his fingers, it was all he could do to try and calm himself down. The feeling of blame within himself had been increasing over the last few days, every time he saw his mother it intensified. In order to escape it, he fled and found himself here. Where it all happened. Where he lost control and ruined his family, He tore it apart without even realizing. He killed his father.

Gohan began to shake, the pain becoming too much to bear any longer.

“I'm just as bad as Cell!”

Gohan stood, unable to control the sudden burst of energy coursing through his body. He hadn't even noticed his transformation, all he could think about was his failure. The energy within him grew, becoming large enough to suffocate him from the inside out. He growled in frustration and allowed it to grow, knowing full well what would happen if he continued on down this path.

A hand on his shoulder pulled him out of his trance long enough for him to become aware that he was dangerously close to doing something stupid and he forced his energy back down within him. As he turned, powering down, he was surprised to see who his guardian was.

“Have you no pride boy?”, Vegeta asked sternly, removing his hand from Gohan's shoulder.

“What are you doing here?”, Gohan asked, still surprised that Vegeta of all people was here. Out of all the people Gohan expected to visit him, Vegeta was firmly on the bottom of that list. The older Saiyan smirked and raised an eyebrow.

“Your ki signature was higher than it was during the battle, I thought something was wrong but it appears I am mistaken”, He responded.

His answer only served to fuel Gohan's anger.

“Of course something's wrong!”, He shouted at Vegeta.

Vegeta laughed loudly, causing Gohan's temper to snap. He struck out at the prince, his fist almost connecting with his face, however the prince caught it. He held his wrist tightly, squeezing it and pulling him closer.

“It was unavoidable”, Vegeta growled, “You cannot control yourself, It's our nature”

“What is?”, Gohan whispered, confused.

“To play with our enemies. You couldn't help it, You had to make him suffer”, Vegeta finished. Releasing the younger Saiyans wrist, he stepped back, crossing his arms over his chest.

“If I hadn't done it...He might still be alive...”, Gohan reasoned. Vegeta shook his head.

“Listen to him Gohan. He's right.”

Gohan's heart almost stopped at hearing his father's voice in his head again. Vegeta understood immediately by his demeanor what was happening and smiled. He turned to leave the young warrior, when he remembered what he originally came here to say. Looking back over his shoulder, he spoke the words he thought he would never utter.

“You saved the world Gohan. Take pride in that. Your father does, and so do I...”, Vegeta murmured.

Gohan stood, mouth agape as he watched his prince fly off into the blue sky. Sitting back down facing the battlefield, he smiled, looking at the large crater where he had made his final stand.

“Thank you dad...and thank you Vegeta...”, He whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
This may have been a little OOC. Idk, I like it, what do you think?