Status: Fin

Love You

Ten

"When is Nikki getting here? I'm dying to see her." Adam said helping put dishes in the dishwasher. Charlotte was clearing the plates while Adams Mom put away left over fruit. Adams Dad was busy wiping down the patio table to prevent unwanted insects. It was disturbingly domestic for Charlotte. Her and Adam were dating four almost five months and it was no way they should be meeting each others families. She cleared the last plate and bit her lip.

"She'll be here this evening. She went to visit an old college buddy for a few days." Adams' Dad commented.

"I can't wait until you meet Nikki Charlotte. She's going to love you." Adam said pulling his girlfriend into his side. Charlotte felt like meeting his sister shouldn't be happening. Meeting his parents shouldn't be happening. Charlotte felt uneasy but she pushed it aside.

"I can't wait to meet her either. She sounds like a cool girl." Charlotte said feeling her palms sweating.

"Oh she is!" Adam went into bragging and babbling about Nikki and Charlotte mostly tuned him out, getting wrapped up in her thoughts again. She needed Sydney or Amanda ASAP.

"Um were is your bathroom?" Charlotte asked nicely. Adams Dad gave her directions and Charlotte made her way to the bathroom, plopping down on the toilet with her head in her hands.

~~~

"What do you think of her Mom?" Adam asked his mom quietly. She smiled.

"She's a beautiful girl. Well spoken, intelligent and funny. I think she's a good girl." Adams Mom said sweetly, twisting a necklace adorned on her neck.

"Mom what do you really think of her? Things are going really great lately." Adam said folding his arms.

"I told you. She's a keeper. I think she is a good girl and I can tell she loves you." Adams mom said putting her hands on her hips.

"Well good. I need your advice Ma. I bought a promise ring a week ago and do you think she'll accept it?" Adam looked worried and hopefully. Adams mom sighed.

"Adam. I know you really care about Charlotte but you should wait a while. I know she cares about you and you care about her but take it easy. Just ride." Adams mom told him honestly. Just ride was saying that she told them which really meant "Just keep moving with things as they are."

~~~~

"Amanda I shouldn't be here in this bathroom, this house let alone Wisconsin! Do you think Adam and I are moving too fast?" Charlotte asked concerned. Amanda sighed.

"Charlotte I know you feel like Adam is the best damn thing but four months and meeting the parents. Don't hate me baby sis but maybe you two should slow your roll." Amanda told Charlotte honestly.

"I love Adam a lot and-"

"Wait what?! You love him after four months? Charlotte! You know better than to fall hard too fast! Do you tell him you love him?" Amanda questioned. Charlotte didn't want to respond.

"Yeah but-"

"But nothing! Charlotte your smarter than that. Did you make plans for him to meet Mom and Dad?" Amanda voice was raising and Charlotte wanted to crawl under a rock.

"No becau-"

"Good! You know better then trying to turn a summer fling into a long term relationship." Amanda immediately regretted what she said.

" Uh I have to go Amanda. I'll call you later." Charlotte hung up quickly, turned on the faucet, washed her hands and left the bathroom not feeling any better.

~~~

"Nikki! Oh sweetheart how was your trip?" Nikki Burish seemed nice, always smiling and relaxed.

"It was great Ma. What's up Shrek?" Nikki said fist bumping Adam.

"Ha ha. Nice to see you too Gertrude." Adam hugged Nikki for a long time and they pulled apart.

"Adam. Nikki. I know its playful banter but you know you keep it on the ice." Their mom said sternly. Adam and Nikki still chuckled.

"Anyway. Nikki I want you to meet Charlotte, my girlfriend. Charlotte this is Nikki." Nikki fist bumped Charlotte.

"Nice to meet you. Adam talks about you a lot." Charlotte told Nikki. Nikki smiled.

"Back at you. I'm sure everyone knows your name by now. You have really nice hair." Nikki told Charlotte. Charlotte felt better.

"Thank you. Your nails are just awesome! Do you do them yourself or go to the shop?" Charlotte asked Nikki.

"I do them myself." Nikki replied, proud.

"They are really nice. The color is really pretty." Soon Charlotte and Nikki were engrossed in a conversation.

~~~

"Now how bad was meeting my family?" Adam asked Charlotte from the bathroom.

"It wasn't bad. Your sister Nikki is a riot! She's really fun and cool." Charlotte said checking her phone messages. They were mostly well all from Amanda. A lot of voicemails were left too but Charlotte left her phone on the bedside table. Adam appeared out the bathroom in a hoodie, some jeans, and a hat. Charlotte was confused.

"Adam what are you doing? Most importantly where are you going?" Charlotte asked Adam. Adam smiled.

"We are going on a little adventure. I suggest you put on some comfortable shoes." Charlotte raised a brow but Adam rummaged through her bag and gave her the bright blue and silver running shoes he bought her because he noticed she only wore crocs, sandals and heels and she needed something comfortable. The shoes were rather stylish and comfy.

"Adam? Where are we going?" Charlotte asked Adam. He slid some socks and shoes on her feet, tying them for her and putting his hands on her knees.

"Somewhere special. Now come on." Adam kissed Charlotte and pulled her to her feet.

~~~

Adam and Charlotte left the house quietly and hopped in his Moms car. She wouldn't mind. They drove for about ten minutes and soon they turned on a quiet street. It lead to a trail that was cut off and Adam parked, shutting off the car.

"Adam what are we doing out here?" Charlotte asked Adam once again. Adam kissed Charlottes' hand.

"I told you. Somewhere special. Your going to love it." Adam promised.

They waked up a trail lit up by moonlight and they walked over bridges, hopped over tiny rivers and tried to be quiet but they laughed like children enjoying themselves. They then arrived to a field of flowers. Some wilted some still sprouting and some in full bloom. The weeds reached to Charlottes' knees ad normally she would hate it but the moon was bright and the trees stood tall, they're leaves softly rustling when the wind blew.

"Adam. This is beautiful. What is this?" Charlotte was amazed at the sight before her. Adam held her hand.

"My little thinking place. I used to come here when I was in high school to clear my head and just relax. I never brought anybody up here. I never told anyone about this place. Only you." Adam said sitting on the ground. Charlotte didn't notice, engrossed in the scenery.

"It's beautiful. Peaceful and quiet." Charlotte whispered. Adam tugged on her hands.

"Come here." Adam pulled Charlotte on his lap, kissing the top of her head. It was just them. No worries.

~~~

The next day Adams parents threw together a barbecue since everyone was in town. Nikki went to the store to get juice, liquor and an awesome snow cone machine. Adams dad picked up meat and sides while Charlotte and Adams mom picked up table cloths, cups, spoons and more. Charlotte was excited and she felt a bit better after meeting Adams parents and sister.

~~~~

Charlotte dressed in a light yellow romper and some sandals for the day. She didn't put on any makeup and tried to put on her best kid friendly smile.

~~~

"My turn! My turn!" The little girl Ali, Adams cousin demanded Adam give her a piggy back ride. Adam had his other little cousin on his back, and two other children wrapped around his legs. It was adorable to watch. Charlotte smiled to herself. She felt a tug on her hand. She looked down to see a little girl with pig tails smiling at her. Charlotte smiled back.

"Hello Ms! I just wanted to tell you how pretty you are." The little girl said sweetly.

"Thank you. Your very pretty yourself." Charlotte told the girl.

"Thank you. Can you help me?" The little girl smiled at Charlotte again.

"Of course! What do you need help with?" Charlotte sat her martini glass where a child couldn't reach it.

"I would like a snow cone. I just someone to help me with it." The little girl told Charlotte. Charlotte smiled and began making the girl her snow cone.

"Here you go." Charlotte handed the young girl a snow cone with a ton of napkins wrapped around it. The little took it smiling.

"Thank you Ms. What's your name?" The little girl asked Charlotte after she gave her the snow cone.

"Charlotte. What's your name?" Charlotte picked up her martini but sat it back down.

"That's a pretty name. My name is Sara!"

"My niece name is Sara." Charlotte pat the girl, Sara on her head.

~~~

"Watching you make snow cones were amazing. It was shocking to see kids patiently wait for a snow cone. Normally they would be all over the place." Nikki told Charlotte. Everyone was sitting on the patio, Charlotte next to Adam, Adam next to his mom, his mom next to his dad, his dad next to Nikki.

"They were all pretty chill. They were so cute, especially Sara! She was the sweetest thing!" Charlotte said gushing about her new seven year old pal.

"Yeah. She's so nice! She tells me how much she misses me!" Adams mom said laughing. Charlotte felt her phone buzz in her pocket on vibrate. She checked it quickly without anyone noticing. It was from Amanda and it was her trying to apologize.

Charlotte linked her hand into Adams and ignored the constant buzzing in her pocket for the rest of the night. She was having too much fun and she didn't want think about their previous conversation.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully you enjoyed! I went a little long so some feedback would be great! :) happy new year!