Status: Fin

Love You

Fourteen

Adam kept his deep strokes going, Charlottes' legs around his waist and his face buried in her neck. She kissed his neck in between moans and grunts. Ever since Charlotte got fired and was preparing for her graduation, Adam and Charlotte became closer. To go out on a limb, it made their relationship stronger.

"What the hell?" Adam says stopping completely after he hears knocking and the doorbell ringing down the hall. Charlotte rubs her face.

"Babe it's probably the delivery man with my shoes. Get off." Charlotte huffs not wanting Adam to leave. He was a great presences to be around.

"Alright fine. Here's your robe." Adam picks Charlottes' pale, long, dainty robe and hands it to her. She wraps it around herself and ties the string around her waist as she unlocks and opens the door. She wants to slam the door in Sydney's face but Sydney is holding bouquet of roses.

"Am I interrupting something?" Sydney asks and Charlotte puts her hand on her hip.

"Yes. What do you want?" Charlotte snaps at Sydney. Charlotte couldn't believe that she was replaced. Sydney could have told her about the offer.

"Charlotte can I please come in? Please I need you right now." Sydney tears up and Charlotte can tell something is up.

"Okay. Come in." Charlotte steps aside to let Sydney in and Sydney sits at the breakfast bar.

"Alright. What's up?" Charlotte sits in the seat across from Sydney.

"Charlotte you know that Dante and I have been struggling to conceive a child for years now." Charlotte tries to be nice but she still couldn't believe Sydney.

"Yeah. You guys been looking for surrogates for some time also." Charlotte taps her fingers against the granite counter top while Sydney smiles warmly.

"Charlotte I'm pregnant. I went to the doctor and I'm about seven weeks along." Sydney spits out with tears coming out of her eyes. She covers her mouth.

"Wow congrats Sydney. I'm really happy for you and Dante." Charlotte says dryly.

"Charlotte I know your still upset that you lost your job but Charlotte I'm sorry. I feel like shit and I just miss you. There are tons of hospitals that's going to want your blood after tomorrow. I'm happy for you." Sydney pushes over the roses and Charlotte accepts them and hugs Sydney.

"Your right. I was pissed at the world but it's no point fussing and being angry about the past. Everything happens for a reason right?" Charlotte rubs Sydney back and Sydney hugs Charlotte back.

"You sound like your boyfriend." Sydney whispers and Charlotte giggles.

"He's been trying his best to keep me happy lately. I'm glad he's not trying to blow up the hospital." Charlotte says and pulls away from Sydney and sits down in her seat.

"Well good. This place is awesome. Especially this kitchen." Sydney looks around the condo, fixated on the floor to ceiling windows also.

"Thanks. Would you like anything to drink?" Charlotte says walking over to the fridge, she knows the answer.

"Some water would be nice. Thank you." Sydney speaks after turning away from the view. Charlotte pulls a water bottle from the fridge and hands it to Sydney.

"I don't want my god child dehydrated." Charlotte jokes sitting down at the bar with Sydney. At this point Adam comes trudging down the hall in sweatpants and nothing else. Charlotte blushes and looks away from Sydney and Adam.

"Hey babe. I didn't know you had company. Hi Sydney." Adam greets. Sydney waves.

"Hi Adam. I was just on my way out the door. I have a meeting to attend to." Sydney then hugs Charlotte and punches Adam's arm.

"See you Sydney. Call me whenever. Thanks for the flowers." Sydney leaves and Charlotte feels Adam's arms wrap at her waist. He kisses her neck.

"Everything okay?" Adam questions Charlotte. He rubs her stomach, feeling for the tie on Charlottes' robe.

"Yeah. I'm gonna be a god mommy." Charlotte places her hands on Adam's bear paws. He kisses her ear.

"That's nice. Told you everything will be fine." Adam turns Charlotte so that she faces him. He takes her face in his hands and kisses her passionately. Charlotte grins against his lips but once Adam goes to pick her up, there's a knock on the door and the doorbell ringing. Adam groans and Charlotte goes to answer it. Adam picks at the red roses that lay on the breakfast bar frowning. He knows for a fact that Charlottes' favorite flowers are orchids.

Charlotte appears with a creamy white box in her hands with a smile on her face. Adam assumes that the box is containing the shoes she's been going crazy about. They bickered the previous week because Adam wanted to buy them for her but Charlotte angrily told him she is able to buy a pair of shoes.

He told her "I want to buy you the shoes. That's what people do when they want to buy a important person a gift. Just pick them out and I'll give you my credit card!" Charlotte didn't speak to him but after they calmed down, she agreed to let him buy the shoes for her.

"Oh my their gorgeous! Adam come look!" Charlotte was sitting on the couch holding up the expensive shoes. Adam kissed her cheek.

"They look lovely. Are you excited about tomorrow?" Adam asks Charlotte as he pulls her onto his lap. She traces the veins in his hands.

"Yes. I'm very excited. Are you gonna be there?" Adam frowned at Charlotte.

"Of course. Your the guest speaker and your graduating with a awesome GPA. I wouldn't miss it for the world babygirl." Adam kisses her shoulder as Charlotte shivers. She loves it when Adam calls her babygirl.

"Your such a good man." Charlotte kisses Adam and sinks into him.

"Babe I thought your favorite flowers were orchids." Adam said recalling the bouquet of roses on the breakfast bar.

"My favorite flowers are orchids. Sydney just thinks roses make people forgive one another."

~~~

"Baby you look stunning." Adam gasps at Charlotte. Her hair was cascading down her down her body, dress fitting like a glove and shoes making her a bit taller. Charlotte blushes as Amanda hugs her.

"Thank you." Charlotte hugs Amanda back as Adam gets Charlotte and Amanda's parents a glass of water. Mary, Charlottes' Mom loved Adam after they met. David, Charlottes' Dad was shocked that his daughter was dating a Blackhawk. He was happy Charlotte was happy with Adam.

"Sweetheart you look amazing. We're so proud of you." Mary hugs Charlotte and kisses her daughters cheek.

"You look great. We should get going to the ceremony though. Don't want you to be late." David says picking up Charlottes' white cap and gown.

"I'll go get the car. Meet you guys downstairs." Adam says picking up his wallet and tucking it in his back pocket and grabbing his keys.

~~~

Adam couldn't believe that he was at his girlfriend college graduation. She looks stunning on the stage and while giving her speech, Adam couldn't help but hang onto her every word. When she thanks him and her family for the love and support, he grins and meets her eyes. She smiles and continues on.

When it came time to hand out the diploma's, Adam quickly left the auditorium and drove to the flower shop that was around the corner. He got the biggest bouquet of orchids the shop had available and drove back to the ceremony. He looks at the brunette woman who is passing diplomas to the man who was handing them to the students. He notices that it's ex-girlfriend Alice. He swallows hard.

~~~

"Oh my goodness! Adam thank you! Your so sweet." Charlotte says after Adam hands her the orchids he purchased for her. He cups her face and kisses her passionately. He hugs her and laughs when he almost knocks her cap off. She poses for a few pictures and Adam pulls her close when he sees Alice and her Dad making their way towards them.

"Adam Mark Burish. It's been a few months since I seen you." Alice purrs. Charlotte raises a brow and looks at Adam.

"Alice. Mr. Marty. Nice to see you." Adam wants to power walk Charlotte out of there. He holds her tighter.

"Ms. Donovan I see you know Adam. You two are friends?" Mr. Marty asks. Adam always hated that Mr. Marty was clueless.

"Yeah. Adam's my boyfriend. You know each other?" Charlotte interjects.

"Oh yes! Alice and Adam used to date when Adam first signed to the Hawks'. Sorry son, always next year." Mr. Marty answers proudly. Adam wants to rip his head off.

"Thanks." Adam says through grit teeth.

"Adam are you going to Colin's big barbecue? You haven't texted me in weeks." Alice smiles and Charlotte shifts on both of her feet.

"I don't know yet." Adam feels Charlotte uncomfortable body movement.

"Call me. We had so much fun at Rockit with Abby and Sharpie." Alice hugs Adam and Charlotte feels like throwing her flowers to the ground.

"Nice shoes." Alice tells Charlotte. She also picks at a piece of Charlottes' hair.

"Thanks. Your dress is nice." Charlotte says breathless.

"How come Adam never brings you around the guys? I know only a couple of them know about you." Alice says snarky. Amanda see's the hurt on Charlottes' face.

"We're going home. Lets go Charlotte." Amanda pulls at Charlottes' hand and Charlotte goes, feeling Adam hot on her tail. Mr. Marty calls after them.

"You guys aren't going to stay for the lunch?" Alice stands behind her clueless Dad.

"You can shove that cheap lunch up your daughters ass." Amanda spits and pulls Charlotte through the crowd. Adam reaches for Charlottes' hand.

"Don't fucking touch me." Charlotte viscously pulls her hand away from Adam.

~~~

"Charlotte come here. Lets talk." Adam felt like shit. Alice came around on her own and when he wanted Charlotte to meet the guys, she was busy.

"I don't want to fucking talk to you you piece of fucking shit." Charlotte takes off her heels, sitting on the edge of their bed. Amanda and Charlottes' parents left not long after.

"Charlotte I'm sorry. I didn't know that she would be there." Adam sighs watching Charlotte stomp to their bathroom.

"It doesn't fucking matter! Why are you still in touch with your ex girlfriend!? Why is she around you dumbass?" Charlotte shouts from the bathroom.

"She just comes around us and the guys! I haven't talked to her in forever!" Adam shouted back. It makes Charlotte angry.

"Why is she partying with you at Rockit then? Huh? Why are still in touch with her!?" Charlotte wipes the makeup off of her face turning red.

"That was a year ago! I wouldn't lie to you." Adam pulls his clothes off, trying to grab Charlotte as she stomps past him.

"Yeah right. Like that bitch Grace that was in the bed with you? That wasn't long at all! I don't even want to sleep in this bed. Who knows how many sluts you fucked on it!" Adam balls up his fists.

"Charlotte I haven't seen Grace and Alice in months! Stop being a bitch about it!" Adam shouts.

"Did you just call me a bitch you dumb fuck?!" Charlotte ties a robe around herself.

"Your damn right I called you a bitch. You bitch and whine and complain! I'm trying to explain that I haven't seen both of those women in a year! Dammit!" Adam yells. Charlotte tears up and throws her graduation shoe at him. It hits him and he puts on some street clothes and leaves. Charlotte jumps when she hears and feels Adam slamming the front door.

~~~

It's been an hour since Adam up and left. Charlotte was worried, hoping he was okay. She was looking at the pictures they both took that day. They looked so happy. She heard the house phone ringing and she answered.

"Hello?" She continues to scroll through the photos.

"Hey yeah it's Kaner. You know Adam's teammate." Kaner says. Charlotte remembers his wild curls.

"Hi Kaner. Everything okay?" Charlotte stops looking at the pictures and decides to look for food.

"I should be asking you that. Tazer, Adam and I are at Johnny's Ice House and Adam is shooting pucks and breaking sticks left and right." Kaner whispers. Charlotte sighs.

"We just got into a little spat that's all." Charlotte sees nothing in the fridge she wants but she finds some cookies.

"That's all? A little spat?"

"I might've threw my shoe at him and it hit him in the face."

"Hmm. That explains the red mark on his cheek."

"Oh god. Is he okay? He just stormed out of the house."

"He banged my door down and demanded that we go practice like always. Then when I asked him about you, he got all mad."

"Oh gosh. I need to call him and tell him to come home."

"No need. I'm gonna take him out, convince him and he'll be back through that door apologizing for whatever he did."

"Thanks Kaner."

"No problem. See you soon." Kaner hung up and Charlotte went back into their room, putting on clothes so she could get the pictures printed from that day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Charlotte graduation outfit- http://m.asos.com/mt/us.asos.com/Jarlo-Faye-Bandeau-Dress-In-Floral-Lace-With-Mesh-Panels/14tw9i/?iid=4676821&transaction_id=102c20fea74cfdae9da24642794951&affid=14329&istCompanyId=467dd896-9a62-42c2-84d9-be2d13921f66&istItemId=piwqmiarl&istBid=t&un_jtt_application_platform=newPlp&un_jtt_redirect

http://www.robertfrenchpc.com/images/2013_collections_098.jpg

Plus here's what Charlotte is graduating for
http://www.graduatenursingedu.org/chief-nursing-officer/

Also, what can I do to make this story more interesting? Give me ideas guys! Feedback is great and thanks for reading. More detailed chapters coming your way!