Status: Fin

Love You

Seventeen

Adam cracks open his eyes and stretches his body, wincing at the amount of sunlight that streams through the windows. He shuts his eyes again and turns on his stomach to attempt to go back to sleep but he's wide awake. He gets up and goes to the bathroom, pees and goes back into his bedroom. He looks and sees the empty space where Charlotte should be sleeping in.

He scratches his head and tries to remember where his girlfriend was. He knew that she and Sydney was supposed to meet up but that wasn't until twelve in the afternoon. He looks at the clock and sees the enormous two o'clock that was beeping periodically on his bedside table.

"Oh." He says to himself out loud. Adam then walks down the hall, into the kitchen that was right off the living room. He checks the calendar with the big circle that read 'Home Opener' courtesy of Charlotte. He didn't have practice but he was expected to be at the rink at five. He wonders if Charlotte will be home before then.

He goes back into he and Charlottes' bedroom and showers,brushes his teeth,washes his face,and stares at the stubble coming onto his face, debating whether or not he should shave it. He shrugs and leaves it, walking back to the kitchen where he throws together a big sandwich and he eats it on the couch in the living room and watches ESPN. He sticks around, watching t.v long after his sandwich is gone. Twenty minutes later, he's running his normal route to get his routine started.

He always hated running by himself and wanted the presence of someone else with him. But on this particular day, he wants to be alone so he can focus, knowing that he has to step his game up in the season. He runs back home and wave at a few people that are hanging out in his building lobby. He rides on the elevator, talks a little to Stewart, the security for the building.

Adam does sit-ups, push ups, crunches, and chugs a bottle of water after he's done. He tosses it, and goes back in the living room to watch more t.v. He wonder where Charlotte is, grabbing his phone off the counter and he gives her a call. She doesn't answer and Adam shrugs and goes to he and Charlottes' room to nap.

~~~

When Adam wakes up which is at four o'clock in the afternoon and he showers once again, puts on his suit and walks out the door. He sits in his car for awhile as he calls Charlotte again. No answer. Voicemail. Adam sighs and pulls out his parking space and drives to the rink.

~~~

Five more phone calls, ten text messages and three voicemails all unanswered. Adam is ready to throw his phone on the floor but he continues to laugh and chirp his teammates as they get ready to start the season. After warm ups, he calls Charlotte again and she doesn't answer. He finds Ashley, the older woman that reserves seats for the family and girlfriends along with wives.

"Hey Ashley did Charlotte get here yet?" Adam hopes that Ashley says that Charlotte is there, bad reception in the building.

"No not yet." Ashley replies with a smile.

"Okay. Thanks Ashley." Adam walks away with a balled up fist.

"Good luck Burr!"

~~~

Adam was sitting on the couch enjoying a beer, watching highlights from the opener was great, the team off to a great start of the season. Adam saw a couple mistakes that could have cost them the game but they could easily be fixed. A few minutes later Adam heard the front door open and close. He didn't bother to turn around.

"Adam? Oh there you are." Charlottes' sweet voice filled Adam's ears and he felt her wrap her arms around his neck, kissing his cheek.

"Where have you been?" Adam doesn't turn to face Charlotte.

"Out with Sydney. I went a doctors appointment with her because Dante is out of town. Then we met up with a few friends." Charlotte ramble on.

"I called you at least a dozen times and text you more than that." Adam turns to face Charlotte and she looks different, makeup on and eyes wide. She smells funny too.

"I'm sorry my phone was dead." Charlotte rounds the couch and sits next to Adam. He notices the sexy bra under her maxi dress. He frowns when she hits the power button on her phone and it turns on with a sixty two percent battery.

"I thought your phone was dead." Adam mumbles.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"What did you do all day?"

"Nothing much did my normal routine. After the opener I went out with the guys."

"Wait the opener was today?"

"It was on the calendar."

"Adam I'm so sorry. I forgot oh shit! I'm sorry." Charlotte scoots to hug Adam and he smells... cologne. He pushes her off of him and stands up.

"Get the fuck out." Adam wants to punch a wall.

"What?" Charlotte looks at Adam confused and it makes him angry.

"Get the fuck out. Pack your shit and get the fuck out." Adam feels betrayed and hurt. He really loves Charlotte but for her to fucking cheat on him is sick.

"Adam why? What's going on?"

"You! Wearing makeup, not answering my calls, been gone all day, not to mention the lacy bra and panties. Are you fucking someone!?"

"No! Adam I've been with Sydney all day! I tried to come and surprise you!"

"Smelling like another man!?"

"Sydney sprayed me with the cologne I bought you! It's right here in my purse!" Charlotte pulls out a bottle of cologne but it's not adding up for Adam.

"Fucking not answering me? I've been calling you all day!"

"I'm sorry! I just got ahold to a charger when I was on my way home!"

"You didn't think you should have called me? Really Charlotte?" Adam just takes deep breaths as he walks down the hall into their bedroom, slamming the door.

~~~

Charlotte couldn't stop the tears from falling after Adam accused her of cheating. Sydney felt bad for keeping her out long so she did Charlottes' makeup so she could make it up to Adam. Sydney also felt bad for spraying Charlotte with the cologne she bought Adam.

As crazy as the story is, it was the truth. Charlotte put her head in her hands and cried, feeling worse for missing the home opener for Adam. It slipped her mind but she wanted nothing more than to support Adam. She went to the powder room, wincing at the sight of her makeup running. She always stayed away from it.

She locks herself in and cries, sliding down to the floor dramatically. She cries until her head hurts, until she feels numb, until she loops in and out of sleep.

~~~

Adam calmed down somewhat, marching into the living room looking at the cologne bottle on the floor. He picks it up, pulling it from the box. He smells it, and it indeed smells like Charlotte. He picks up her phone and debates going through it. It wouldn't be hard, Charlotte didn't keep a lock on her cell.

He swipes through her messages and finds a few from Sydney. Charlotte was angry that Sydney sprayed her with cologne while Sydney thought it was funny, a smiling emoji at the end of her text. Adam wanted to shoot himself.

"Charlotte?" Adam called out, not seeing the petite woman anywhere. He heard hiccups and sniffles coming from the powder room. He tries to open the door but its locked. Adam bends down and slides his hand under the door, until he feels skin. Charlotte jumps at the sight and feel of his hand.

"Charlotte sweetie please come out. I'm so sorry baby." Adam knew how sensitive Charlotte was and it's been so long since they last fought.

"Babygirl please open up. I wanna talk to you. Face to face." Adam bites his lip and prays that it works. The door opens and Adam wants to die at the sight of Charlotte. Her eyes was heavy and red, adorned with tears. He pulls her into a deep hug. She begins to cry again and Adam lets her. He felt horrible because he never wanted to see her cry, let alone make her cry.

"I'm so sorry babygirl. I should have believed you. I feel like an asshole making you cry and shit. I was just so angry that I didn't see your beautiful face in the crowd but I was being a selfish fucker. I think I was just so worried about you and I thought somebody had my girl. I know that it's unattractive but I get so possessive over you sometimes. I really have to stop that though before you leave me because I'm a possessive piece of crap."

"I'd never leave you." Charlotte says even it's muffled but Adam rubs her back.

"I love you so much Charlotte and I'm so sorry." Adam lifts her chin up and kisses her nose. She stops crying and Adam stomach growls loudly.

~~~

"This is going to be the best breakfast dinner you ever had. Your probably going to want it tomorrow too." Adam tells Charlotte as he finishes slicing up fruit. She giggles, sitting on the counter watching him.

"You sure you don't need any help?" Charlotte asks, smiling at Adam who pulls blueberry syrup out the fridge, both of their favorite.

"Just get two forks and two cups."

~~~

They sit on the couch, watching ESPN, sticking their forks in the fruit bowl, hash browns, pancakes and sipping orange juice. Charlotte comfortably tucked under Adams arm and Adam rubbed her shoulder from time to time.

"I promise I'll be at the next game okay?" Charlotte told Adam. He kissed her cheek.

"Okay. I hope your Burish jersey is all ready to go."

"You bet!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully you enjoyed! Feedback is awesome! Stick around for the next chapter! ^▽^