Status: Fin

Love You

Nineteen

I cracked my eyes at the sound of Charlotte squealing like a pig. It was sound I never heard her make that sound so I get out our bed and follow the squeals. Charlotte was in the kitchen talking at an amazing pace on the phone. Most likely with Sydney. I looked at the setup. Eggs in the mixing bowl but not whisked. Fruit laid out and uncut. Oatmeal on the counter. I smile and turn down the pan that Charlotte left on. She noticed me and smiled.

"I talk to you later Abby. Congratulations again!" Charlotte hangs up and I lift a brow.

"Good morning babygirl." I wrap my arms around Charlotte and kiss her head and she pulls me down and kisses me.

"Good morning baby. Did I wake you?" She asks as she begins beating the eggs.

"Yeah but it's alright. I needed to wake up anyway." It was a late practice day and the next day was an off day. I had plans to take Charlotte out and do something since I was gone for awhile.

"Well I'm sorry. Hungry for breakfast?" She asks as she pours the eggs into the pan.

"Baby I'm always hungry for your food. Did you sleep okay?" I steal a strawberry from the container while her back is turned.

"Oh yes. So much better now that your back home. Love having your arms wrapped around me; I sleep so much better when your home." Charlotte reaches for a pot and my heart melts.

She was taking care of me a lot now that the season started. She cooked meals according to my diet plan, take pre game naps with me and working out with me. I hated it at the same time because I knew that she missed working and I hated the fact she cleaned up after me. It seemed so traditional and wrong.

"Well thank you so much baby. I couldn't sleep without you next to me. Your pretty face, soft skin, the warmth you give off." I tell her. She giggles and I love it.

"Thank you Adam. I appreciate the fact you think of me when your gone. Oh I'm so lucky to have you." She tells me. I feel horrible, thinking back to the girl in St. Louis.

"Do you need any help with breakfast? Do I need to run to the store and pick something up?" I wanted to vomit and I needed some air.

"No we have everything. Adam are you okay?" Charlotte turns away from the stove and looks at me. Her eyes are questioning and hard so I turn away and nod.

"Yeah. I'm just. I'm going out for a walk." I turn to leave but Charlotte stops me.

"Adam we need to talk. Maybe after breakfast." Charlotte says and she sounds nervous but confident.

"Okay cool. I'll be right back, maybe five min-"

"No sit down. You've been acting so strange lately." Charlotte turns back to the stove and begins putting eggs and fruit on it. She pushes the plate in front of me and makes one for herself. No oatmeal I guess.

"Thanks." I tell her. She pours to cups of orange juice and sits at the bar across from me. She looks me dead in my eyes and I hesitate to eat. I pick up my fork and start eating my scalding eggs. My eyes water at the temperature and I look down at my plate. Charlotte is still watching me.

"Eggs okay?" She sips her orange juice.

"Yeah there just really hot." I look back up and she's watching me with hard eyes.

"How about the fruit?"

"I didn't try any."

"Why not?"

"Because your freaking me out. Did you poison my food?" I shoot for playful but I sound afraid.

"Nope."

"Hmm."

"Adam what's on your mind?" Charlotte folds her arms across her chest. I want to bolt, everything going from playful to serious.

"Nothing. What's on your mind? You said we need to talk."

"Right."

"What did you want to talk about babygirl?"

"Adam I don't want to run you away or anything but I was watching Cheaters the other day and Jerry Springer." I don't know where she was going with this.

"Um.. okay?"

"And I'm not gonna beat around the bush. Are you cheating on me?" I spit my food out and down my cup of orange juice. I needed to get out of here.

"No! What gave you that impression?"

"The long road trip and the night before you came home, you sounded mad, like you didn't want to call and come home to me." Charlotte sounds sad and I knew this was going to turn out bad.

"Charlotte come here. I need to tell you something." I open my arms and she slowly walks into them and I pull her on my lap.

"Adam you would tell me if you cheated on me right? You wouldn't cheat on me right?" Charlotte looked up at me and it's like she could see through me.

"Charlotte I'm going to be completely honest with you. That night I was going to cheat on you. I had a few drinks, I was high off the win and there was some girl that was begging for my attention. I gave in and we almost slept together but on the way to her house I stopped and came back to the hotel." I was waiting for Charlotte to hit me or scream at me. She punched me in my throat, using all her might and it really hurt. I thought I was going to die when I started coughing.

"What stopped you? Huh? You nasty pig!" She stood on the other side of the living room with her hands on her hips.

"Buff called me and talked some sense into my head. I came back to the hotel and called you and baby I love you." I knew she was going to leave me. I just fucked up everything that made me happy.

"Did you kiss her? Did you fuck her? Did she suck you off? Did she flash you her tits you disgusting dog!" Charlotte had every right to be upset with me.

"No I didn't kiss her, fuck her none of that! She was kissing me on my neck and touched my dick but that was it!" I make my way over to Charlotte but she moves away from me. I drop to my knees and hold onto her waist. I just wanted to touch her before she left. I knew that she wasn't going to stick around because she don't want to keep my dick on a leash. She would rather leave than babysit me.

"What just cause your on your knees you think that all is forgiven? This isn't Lifetime you jarhead! You can't just get on your knees and say your sorry." She looked down at me with disgust and hatred.

"Baby please just let me touch you. I know that your going to leave me and I don't deserve you. You do so many things for me and I took it for granted. I didn't have to be with that girl and it's my fault. I know I just screwed up the best thing that ever happened to me. Just please let me hold you." Was I crying? Shit I didn't want her to see me cry. She probably would think it's for brownie points. I back away from her and look down. I needed to throw up.

"I can't believe you were going to cheat on me. I thought you loved me. You said you can't picture yourself with anyone else. Did you mean that?" She sounds calm even though she's pissed, I can see it in her eyes.

"Yes I meant it and I still do. No one knows me like you do. You take care of me and love me to the point where I don't need anyone but you. You make me so happy Char and I just ruined everything we had right before my eyes. If I can turn back time and ignored that woman. I would've." I feel myself crying. I can't even remembered the last time I cried. I got angry but never cried. I felt raw and cloudy and it was my fault I felt like this.

"Adam?"

"Yeah?"

"I don't know why I'm doing this but you almost cheated on me. Almost but you stopped. You told me the truth about that night and I'm willing to give you a second chance." I looked at Charlotte and she was right in front of me.

"Really?"

"Yes. Obviously your going to have to earn my trust back but I love you. I don't want to get hurt again and if you do this again, I'm gone. Understand?" I jumped up to my feet and hugged her. I began to cry tears of joy.

"You won't regret this baby I promise. It won't do it ever again baby. I promise I'll never hurt you." I repeated the words over and over again. I wasn't going to let her go easily and I wasn't going to cheat on her. I wasn't going to hurt her. I want to make her happy she made her choice.

~~~

The next day I took Charlotte out to lunch. Next we went shopping, I carried all her bags and I took her to get a mani-pedi done. We then went to the movies, grabbed some stuff for dinner and headed back home. It was the best time I had in awhile and I hope Charlotte can say the same.
~~~

"Adam are you busy?" Charlotte sounded winded over the phone and I stepped out the locker room. Practice had just ended.

"No practice just ended. Everything okay?"

"Baby everything is great! The University of Chicago medial center just called me in for an interview!" I grinned.

"Congratulations baby! When is your interview?"

"Tuesday! Baby can you believe it?"

"Hell yeah! I told you one of these hospitals were going to call you back! We're celebrating tonight, I'll pick you up your favorite wine okay?"

"Wait Patrick and Abby's engagement party is tonight. Maybe after?"

"Yeah. Me and you can just celebrate. Look I gotta go baby. Congratulations!"

"Bye baby and thanks!"

"
♠ ♠ ♠
Did you guys like? I know some people won't like the fact that Charlotte took Adam back I promise Adam won't do it anymore! Feedback! ^▽^