Status: Fin

Love You

Twenty-Two

It was early spring and the season was in full swing, and I was activated off of injury reserve. Even though I bought the ring and planned the proposal, I didn't ask Charlotte to marry me yet. Our recent conversation about marriage was brief but she simply said that we should wait a year or two.

"It doesn't make me love you any less." She told me. "It's just that its only been a few months. Lets just enjoy it." A few months my ass. Our one year anniversary was so close and it was my longest, happiest relationship. I wanted Charlotte to be my wife.

I wasn't too focused on that any more. The playoffs was a week away and I knew that our team can go far. I just wanted to stay healthy and fit so that I can contribute the best I could.

~~~

"Adam? Can you please take out the garbage? I asked you two days ago to take it out!" I could tell from the rustling in the kitchen that Charlotte was cleaning up the kitchen. I was tired, coming off of a road trip and I totally forgot to take it out.

"Babe I'll do it after my nap!" I rolled over in bed and tried to sleep.

"That's what you said two days ago! Please come and take it out it reeks in here!" Her voice was rising and becoming irritating so I got up and slammed our bedroom door. I rested my eyes for three seconds before I heard her stomping to our room. I groaned.

"Adam I asked you to come and take the trash out! Can you please get it?" She was standing at the foot of our bed in a tank top, work out shorts and house shoes. She looked adorable with her pout. She had the intimidation of a baby penguin.

"Charlotte I said I'll get it after my nap. Calm down will you?" I pulled my blanket over me and she snatched it off of me. I chuckled.

"Take out the trash now!" She was folding her arms and she looked like an upset child. I laughed and she went bananas.

"Are you laughing at me?" She threw our blanket on the ground.

"No! I'm laughing at the fact your getting angry over trash. I'll handle it in an hour. Come nap with me, relax. The kitchen can wait."

"No it can't!"

"Why don't you take it out since it can't wait?"

"Asshole." She walked out and slammed the door and I heard pots slamming around the kitchen. I didn't want Charlotte to be upset so I got and and walked to the kitchen. She was reaching for dishwashing liquid in the cabinet but she fell short. I slipped behind her and got it down for her. She snatched it and began throwing dishes in the dish washer.

"Charlotte? Baby I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get you so worked up. I'll take the trash out right now okay?" I watched her load the washer and she didn't stop.

"Why couldn't you do that in the first place? Why did you have to argue?" She snapped.

"I didn't think you'll get so pissed off about it. I'm sorry sweetie." She didn't say anything else so I proceeded to take out the garbage.

"Yeah whatever." Charlotte mumbled. Normally after we bicker we laugh and everything's okay. It's like she's angry at more than the trash.

"Charlotte baby I'll clean up the kitchen. Go sit down and relax." I offered she continued to bustle around the kitchen.

"Charlotte what's wrong?" I asked her. She ignored me. "Charlotte what's wrong?" I tried again. She closed the dishwasher and left the kitchen. She slammed the door to our bedroom and I heard some rumbling. She came out dressed with her purse.

"I'm going out." She mumbled and slammed our door. I scratched my head and went and grabbed my phone and called Sharp.

"Come over. I got beer already." I hung up and decided to call Kaner.

"What's up Burr?"

"Come over. I've got beer already."

~~~

"She just left and never told me where she was going. She looked super pissed." I explained to Sharpie. He frowned and looked sick.

"Why is she upset?" Sharpie asked.

"I don't know! She's been mean and mad at me for weeks now. Kaner who are you texting!?" Kaner nearly jumped and he caught his composer.

"This girl Diana. She wants to meet up at the bar." I was pissed at Charlotte and I wanted to go and enjoy myself.

"Let's do it. Kaner we'll leave you with your lady friend alone. I'll call up the guys."

~~~

Eager, Hendry, Buff, Soupy, Brouwer, Fraser and Carli all met up with us. Abby met up with us too. We all enjoyed ourselves and had great conversation. I nursed one beer because I didn't want to go home drunk and try to talk to Charlotte. I needed to be sober.

She made that big of an impact in my life that I slowed my drinking down. Only on special occasions I would drink like no tomorrow. I got noticeably silent after that thought. Carli voice cut through the crowd.

"Oh my gosh there's Charlotte!" Carli pointed to a table across from us and I looked over to see Charlotte at a table with a mix of men and women. Some was uniform- scrubs so the must be doctors and nurses. One guy had his arm thrown over Charlottes' shoulder. I seen red. I was angry. Was she fucking around on me? I got up and began walking to their table. Kaner jumped in front of me.

"Burr. Don't it's probably not what you think." I wanted to rip that dudes head off.

"She's been avoiding me, yelling at me, and angry that I try and kiss her. I bought her an engagement ring and everything because she said she wanted to get married! Now that's changed ever since she got that new job!" I was trying to charge over to her table. Sharpie and Hendry grabbed my arms.

"Calm down man. Talk to her when you get home." Hendry turned me in the opposite direction. I was pissed. Once Hendry loosened up his grip on me I ran in that direction. Sharpie caught me and their table looked at the scene. Charlotte turned and she had this surprised confused look on her face. It made me angrier.

"Adam! What are you doing here?" She questioned me. The dude turned around and I felt my blood boil.

"Enjoying my time out with my friends. Then I seen you here and wanted to say hi because you didn't tell me you were going. But I see what's going on. But you know what? Fuck you." I turned around hearing her friends gasp. I walked out the bar, the wind hitting me in my face, refreshing.

"Adam! Adam! Get back here!" I heard Charlotte shouting. I kept walking, I decided I should walk home I needed the air. I was so angry I was getting fucked over again by a girl.

"Adam stop! Where are you going!" Her voice was getting closer but I didn't care. I wanted to go home and get some rest to practice tomorrow. I felt her hand on my arm.

"Don't fucking touch me! You don't need to chase me! You can go back with your snobby friends sorry I ruined your evening." I snatched away from her.

"Adam what is wrong with you!? I was just having some drinks with friends!"

"What about your guy friend that had his arm around you?"

"It was nothing!"

"Whatever. I can't believe shit you say."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"One minute you wanna get married and buy a house next minute our apartment is fine and you want to wait longer to get married! I went out and bought a fourteen thousand dollar ring for you and I searched for homes that you would like! I was stupid to think that this would work." I decided to keep walking away from her.

"Adam stop walking away from me!"

"Get away from me. You've been so distant after my injury. I don't think we've been ever been this distant."

"Adam if you stopped walking and talk to me you'll understand I haven't been distant! Come here!" She grabbed my arm and I tried to pull away from her. I knew if I was to forceful I would knock her down.

"Charlotte let me go now." I was trying to keep my composer.

"Adam I've been committed to you since we've been together. No one else would ever change the way I feel about you. I still feel the same way I do when we got together." I can hear her crying by the sound of her voice.

"I can't tell. You won't even let me hug you or kiss you. I'm tired of being fucked over by women. I'm ready to find someone that will marry me, buy a house with me and have my child. I thought that it would be you but I guess I was wrong." I stopped walking and Charlotte kept pulling me towards her.

"Adam I'm sorry if I seemed distant but I feel like you've been putting me on the back burner. It's like you've put everything else before and above me. That's why I said we should wait to get married. I feel if we're going to get married I need to be number one in your life. Your number one in my life but its different for you because your season is looking so good and I know you love hockey more than anything. I'm sorry that you bought me a fourteen thousand dollar ring and been looking at houses for us. I just didn't feel important anymore." Charlotte grip was still on my arm.

"Adam Charlotte!" Sharpie was running down the street and he was out of breath when he reached us both.

"Guys I can hear your conversation a block over. Calm down." I looked behind me to see a winded Sharpie and Charlotte with her makeup running down her face. She was still beautiful.

"Adam come on! Lets go home! We can go home and watch t.v and eat some dinner and go to sleep and we'll be okay." Charlotte tried to pull me away from Sharpie. I wanted to go home and do those things but I was confused.

"You two need some space. Burr come on. Your coming home with me and Abby." Sharpie grabbed me away from Charlotte.

"Adam? Stop please." I felt Charlotte grab my arm but Abby held Charlotte as Charlotte broke down and cried. I wanted to go and hold her in my arms and stop her from crying. Sharpie walked me to his car and we started to his and Abby's house.

~~~

I lay in the guest room not getting any rest whatsoever. All I can think about Charlotte. Is she sleeping? Is she even at home? Is she crying? Has she stopped crying? Is she under supervision like me? Does she still love me like I love her? Is she going to break up with me? I reached over and grabbed my phone and tapped out a quick text to her.

'i love you babygirl and im sorry' it simply said. I tried to sleep but couldn't
♠ ♠ ♠
Did you like? Feedback! Tell me what you think of the chapter! ^▽^