Status: Fin

Love You

Twenty three

I didn't get much sleep that night. Charlotte didn't respond back and I was genuinely worried about her. I just didn't want her upset and angry. Most importantly I didn't want to lose her. I was afraid that Charlotte was going to end things between us.

It was nine in the morning and practice started at ten. I rolled over and decided I should get home and get ready for practice. Sharpie and Abby beat me to the punch when I seen some Blackhawks sweatpants and a shirt. I got in the shower and changed into the clothes and went into the kitchen. Sharpie and Abby was already there.

"Good morning Burr." Abby greeted me. I waved at her.

"How'd you sleep?" Sharpie asked. I shrugged.

"Shitty." I gave them the honest to God truth. As nice and welcoming Sharpie and Abby are, I wanted to talk to my girlfriend.

"Well let's head out for practice." Sharpie grabbed his keys.

~~~

Practice was long and exhausting. I was already tired and I was worried out of my mind. Q chewed me out pretty good and let me go shower. The locker room was half empty with a few guys left. I went to my stall and began undressing. I showed and got dressed when Buff tapped me on the shoulder.

"Want a ride home? I can tell you don't want to be with Sharpie and Abby right now." I always liked Buff because he was understanding and he was able to read people.

"Sure. Thanks man."

"Don't mention it. I just know you want to be alone right now." Buff and I started to the parking lot.

"Yeah. I just want to talk to Charlotte and talk to her without crying or yelling." I just wanted to be home.

"I understand. Sometimes you need some space to clear your mind because you end up saying things you didn't mean to say and regretting it. Some air is what you two needed."

"How much air?"

"It depends how much space and air you want."

"When you and Emily have your downs how much space you take and how long?" I asked Buff.

"Burr every couple is different. Relationship advice don't apply to everyone. It depends on what you want and how your going to fix it. Everyone has advice but it can be irrelevant to you and Charlotte."

"What are you saying Buff?"

"What I'm saying is that you want your girl and you want to fix your issues. YOU two have to figure what you want. I can tell you many things on how I would fix it but I'm not you! Understand?"

"Totally."

~~~

I got home and took survey of the place. The t.v was on low, half glass of water and a half eaten bagel with some fruit that looked untouched. I assumed Charlotte was gone so I decided to take a nap on the couch. When I rounded the couch, I fell dead on my face.

"OUCH!" A ball of blankets screeched. It was Charlotte.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. You okay?" She didn't lift her head or anything.

"I guess." She replied quiet. I put my back to the couch, next to Charlotte. She still didn't move. I began eating her bagel.

"I wouldn't eat that fruit." She said. Her voice was muffled by the many blankets.

"Trust me. I'm only eating this perfectly fine bagel that you didn't finish." I shoved the rest of it in my mouth.

"I wasn't hungry."

"Did you eat last night?"

"Some chips."

"Charlotte! You must be starving! Why didn't you eat?"

"I wasn't hungry. I couldn't think of food at the moment."

"Charlotte how?"

"Because my boyfriend cursed me out, didn't want to hear one thing I was saying and left with his friends when I begged him not to leave." Charlotte snapped. I felt bad.

"Asshole, that what your boyfriend is." She didn't shift.

"Hmm. Tell me about it."

"My girlfriend was pissed at me, broke down and made me feel like the biggest piece of shit. I wanted to come home and hold her but I thought we needed some time apart." I looked over at her. The only thing that was revealed was her eyes which was closed and her nose.

"Tough night."

"Tell me about it. Why are you on the floor?"

"The only place I could fall asleep on. Every place else felt weird, like something was missing." At this point I scooted closer to her and stroking her soft waves. She leaned into my hand like a kitten.

"I'm gonna order a pizza. You haven't eaten and I'm hungry. Then we need to talk." She still didn't open her eyes.

"Okay. I want mushrooms and spinach on it. And an order of fried mushrooms." She mumbled.

"I got you." I told her.

~~~

I knew Charlotte was starving and that excuse she wasn't hungry was bullshit. She had four slices of pizza and an order of mushrooms. Pizza was her favorite food and if we couldn't figure out anything to eat, pizza was always on her mind. I knew that I was cheating my diet. She was still wrapped in blankets on the couch and she wouldn't look at me.

"Done?" I asked her. She shook her head.

"Well for starters, Charlotte I'm sorry about last night. I freaked out for no reason and I sorry and talked to that way." I just wanted her to look at me.

"Adam what happened last night? I've never seen you like that before. I was so scared and I just wanted to say so many things but you left."

"Charlotte I was angry because I felt that you were giving up on us. When I wanted to kiss you you'll turn away, when I wanted to touch or hold you, you just seemed distant." I told her honestly.

"I'm sorry if I seemed distant. It's just I was mad at you because I felt less important in your life. Hockey this, hockey that and I just have to accept it's your career and I have to deal with it, like how you do mine." It was the first time Charlotte looked at me. Her eyes were so round and big.

"Charlotte your very important to me. You mean a lot to me and that's why I tried to take you out when I got home from trips and bring you flowers, just to prove that I still care."

"Do you still love me?" She asked quiet.

"Fuck yes. Do you still love me?" I asked her.

"Yeah."

"When are you gonna marry me?" I pulled her in my arms.

"When you ask me and mean it."

~~~

When I leaned in to kiss Charlotte, she backed away. I pouted.

"I haven't showered and I haven't cleaned my teeth." Charlotte said covering her mouth with her hand.

"So what! I still wanna kiss my lady." I tried to kiss her but she turned her face.

"Adam let me brush my teeth. Please? I have morning and last nights breath." While she was in the middle of talking, I kissed her lips. Her eyes went wide but she returned the kiss and rubbed my back.

"Can I go get clean now? You got your kiss."

"We're both gonna get clean." I picked Charlotte up bridal style and carried her to our room. She kissed my cheek on the way and snuggled under my neck.

~~~

"So are you gonna change your last name or have both?" Charlotte and I was out the shower in bed, wrapped around each other.

"Charlotte Burish. I don't know if it flows right." Charlotte was teasing me, I could tell from the sound of her voice.

"Sounds gorgeous to me." I whispered in her ear.

"Charlotte Burish. I'm going to have think about it." Charlotte started laughing.

"Alright. Let me know Mrs. Burish." A kissed her cheek.

"What about a house?" Charlotte asked me.

"I don't know. I want a man cave. Plain and simple." I teased Charlotte.

"But I love the city so much." Charlotte kissed my chest.

"I do too baby. We'll figure it out."

"I love you."

"I love you too Mrs. Burish."
♠ ♠ ♠
These last two chapters are going to be shockers! PREPARE! LEAVE SOME FEEDBACK ^▽^