Living Dead Girl

11

As soon as I had left Mystic Falls I felt free. I could feel my old self returning which wasn't something I was too fond of but it was... normal, even with my humanity on. I guess being around Stefan was really bringing out the good in me. Too bad I liked badass Camille much better because it was my true self.

Thanks to my daylight ring I made it to Miami in record breaking time. As soon as I arrived home I fell asleep in my own bed while I let my phone charge. I woke up a few hours later to it going off and I answered it without looking at the caller i.d. "Hello?" I mumbled while still half asleep.

"Camille, did I wake you?" I mumbled a no before asking Elijah to continue. "I have found out some information about your family. They moved away from Mystic Falls a year after you left. I traced them all the way to New York where their last known location was," Elijah said before telling me about John's grave. I thanked him before telling him that I had already found mine and John's grave.

"My brother tells me that you are in Mystic Falls."

"Currently I am not. I'm grabbing my stuff before heading back," I explained as I got out of bed.

"Be careful, Camille. The Salvatore's are not the same people you once knew," Elijah warned. Guess Klaus caught him up as to why I was in Mystic Falls.

"I know, Elijah. None of us are the people we once were." We talked for a few more minutes before saying our goodbyes.

I packed everything I needed before saying goodbye to Maria, who was the main owner of the house. She only knew of me when I was here since she was compelled to forget me while I was gone. Since it was night, I easily stopped for a late night snack before making my way back to Mystic Falls. I made sure to fill up on much blood as I could before arriving in Mystic Falls. I still had no idea how long I would stay and when I would have so much fun with my prey. Once I was back in Mystic Falls I was going to continue keeping my promise.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After a few rest stops and hours of slowly making my way back to my hometown, I was finally on the outskirts of Mystic Falls. I had only been gone for forty hours exactly. I also had managed to kill at least thirty people while making my way here. A few might have managed to live, but I doubted that. The fun and games were now over as I entered the woods to stay hidden from the public. I would easily draw attention to myself since I was sure my mouth had blood on it and my clothing I had changed into had splatters of blood everywhere. What can I say though, I am a very messy person.

As I walked along in the woods I felt like I was being watched. I kept my senses sharp as I slowly began walking. My eyes scanned the trees for any threat, but I saw none. I finally just vampire sped my way back to the Salvatore house. I entered the house to find a guy I didn't know talking to Damon. When he saw me he sent me a smirk before checking me out. "And who might you be?" he asked as he walked over to me.

"Your worst nightmare," I smirked back before heading upstairs. I heard Damon tell the guy to leave me alone before they went back to their conversation.

I grabbed a change of clothes before taking a quick shower. I straightened my hair once I was out and put on makeup. I wanted to make a good impression on the mystery man since Damon didn't seem too happy that he had been checking me out. Making Damon jealous was my new goal while I was here. I slipped my black leather jacket on over my black strapless dress that stopped mid thigh before slipping on black heels. I made my way back downstairs and towards the two men who were now watching me with their mouths agape. I took the glass in mystery guy's hand before downing it.

"Camille... where exactly do you plan on going?" Damon finally asked after looking me over quite a few times.

I shrugged. "Out." I knew he wasn't too happy with how I was dressed even though he loved it.

"You look gorgeous. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Damon's friend, Lorenzo, but you can call me Enzo." He smiled.

"Nice to meet you and thank you," I smiled back. "Now, if you boys will excuse me I have things to do and people to see." I turned to walk away when I smirked. "Or maybe it's people to do and things to see."

"Camille, stay out of trouble," Damon sighed as I walked away from them.

"Care if I join you?" Enzo asked as I opened the door. I glanced back at him before shrugging.

He began making his way towards me when Damon pulled him back. "She is off limits," he hissed to his friend. I don't think I was supposed to hear him, but I did.

I went back towards the two before grabbing Enzo's hand who now had a smug look while Damon was glaring at me. "He can come with me, Damon. You're not the boss of me."

"Then I am coming too," Damon said as he grabbed his jacket.

"Actually, it would make me quite happy if you stayed here. I want to get to know your friend, Damon. No need to be jealous," I rolled my eyes.

"Fine, Camille. We will talk later," Damon said as we walked away from him.

"Doubt that," I muttered after slamming the door.

Enzo and I soon found ourselves at the Mystic Grill. I compelled the bartender to give us free drinks as we went to play pool.

"How exactly do you and Damon know each other?" Enzo asked as he took the first shot.

"We grew up together," I answered as I took my turn, sinking a ball into the hole. I knew that he was checking out my ass since I was bent over in front of him in a very short dress.

"He's never spoken of you," Enzo told me as I took my second shot.

"Imagine that. Maybe you should ask him why." I stood off to the side while he began sinking balls one after another. I frowned when my eyes caught Damon entering the Mystic Grill. "You've got to be kidding me," I mumbled as he glanced over towards me and smirked. Enzo thought I was talking about him until he saw who I was looking at.

"Camille, Enzo," Damon greeted as he stood beside me. "Didn't expect to find you here."

"Is stalking me necessary?" I asked Damon as I finally took my next shot, missing the hole by a little bit.

"I'm not stalking you, Camille. I just happened to come here and drink nearly everyday."

"Sounds like you have a drinking problem," I smirked before taking my turn again. I soon realized that I had the attention of every man here even though it wasn't busy at the moment.

The three of us were soon making bets and taking shots since I couldn't get Damon to leave. We had our own little pool tournament going on as a few people watched. After losing a few times, I stopped playing all together. I owed Damon money and I had kissed Enzo twice for losing, something which infuriated Damon. After a few hours the boys finally stopped playing and the winner was Enzo. Damon has to give him five grand since the two of them kept betting money.

"You should have played more," Enzo said to me as the three of us left Mystic Grill.

"Why? So I could keep losing?" I smirked knowing that was exactly what he wanted.

"You may have won sooner or later," Enzo shrugged. Right. I would have won because one of them would have let me.

We arrived back at the house to find Stefan and Elena who were both amazed that I was back already and with Damon and Enzo. Stefan shot me a knowing look and I smirked before sitting down in a chair to take off my heels.

"When did you get back?" Stefan asked as Damon and Enzo had their own conversation going on.

"Earlier. Somehow I got stuck watching those two play pool the past few hours," I shrugged innocently before noticing what was in Damon's hand. "Really, more alcohol?" I asked as I stood up and took the bottle from Damon before drinking from it. I sat back down to tell Stefan about what I had learned about my family. "So, my family left Mystic Falls a year after I did. Their last known location was New York." I was moving my hand that had the alcohol bottle in it as I spoke. "I'm guessing whatever family I may have probably live somewhere in New York."

"How did you find this out?" Stefan asked as Damon took the bottle out of my hand before I managed to make a mess.

"I asked someone I know to help," I smiled.

"Are you going to try and find them?" Elena asked me.

"No, whoever's alive won't know who I am. Next time I go to New York I will dig around some. Plus, I already have the people I consider family here."

"Who?" Stefan smiled and I rolled my eyes.

"Obviously you and Elena"

"Hey! What about me?" Damon asked, suddenly aware that I left him out.

"I'm still pissed off at you."

"You can't stay mad forever!"

"Obviously you don't know how long I can hold a grudge. You should probably tell Enzo why since your friend deserves to know. Or you can always keep him in the dark about it like you did your own brother," I could tell that Damon was unhappy with that especially when Enzo began asking him. Damon gave in and I smirked as he told Enzo why I was a vampire. I rolled my eyes when he failed to mention the part about loving me and the jealousy.

"You know, Damon, you seem to keep a lot of secrets," Stefan frowned at his brother.

"Don't we all." Damon glanced over at me. "What about you Princess? What secrets are you hiding? Or is it nobody's business but your own?" I pretended to think about it before answering.

"None, none at all," I lied. The only thing I was keeping secret was the fact I know the Originals.

"For some reason I don't believe you," Damon narrowed his eyes at me.

"Same to you, Damon."

"Well this is awkward," Elena said as she got up and left the room.

"Did you ever think that some secrets are kept secret because the truth might hurt someone?" Damon asked, confusing me a little. It felt like it was aimed towards me only as if he was admitting that something was kept secret because the truth would hurt me.

Enzo excused himself before leaving Stefan, Damon, and I alone to work things out. Stefan told us that we needed to get along and stop fighting. Of course Stefan would the one playing peacemaker.

"Just tell me, Damon! I know it has to do with the necklace." I was getting straight to the point in hopes of getting this over with quicker.

"You don't want to know, Camille. So I lied about being let into your house by your sister. I lied about finding it in your room. I lied because I am protecting you."

"Just tell me, Damon. Please." He shook his head no. "Stefan! I'm going to kill your brother if he doesn't tell me."

"But then you'll never find out," he pointed out and I groaned.

"Fine! Whatever! I give up! I don't even care anymore. You want to make it up to me for ruining my life, yet you can't tell me the truth or even give me space like I asked." I stood up before grabbing my heels off the floor. "And then you wonder why I'm so pissed off at you." I walked barefoot to the door with my heels in my hand. I was getting frustrated and needed to take it on someone or something. The only way I could do that is leave Mystic Falls so that I would be keeping my promise to Stefan.

"Where are you going?" Stefan asked.

"Far from Mystic Falls," I answered before closing the door. I realized that having my heels were pointless, so I tossed them to the side before walking barefoot on the ground. I would worry about taking them inside later when I returned.