Living Dead Girl

12

It didn't take me long to realize that I should have changed clothes. Walking barefoot didn't bother me much since I was walking on pavement. It was the fact that guys kept whistling at me and were trying to pick me up as if I was a prostitute. I let out a low growl as another car drove by with men in it who cat called. I was about to rip their heads off since I was already pissed as it was. Of course I was still sticking to my promise since I was in Mystic Falls. I finally decided to just get off the road and walk through the woods even though I was barefoot and in a dress.

Since I wasn't using my vampire speed it took me a lot longer than I expected to get out Mystic Falls. At least the woods were clear of any people who may piss me off and make me break my promise to Stefan. I was also a lot harder to find if anyone was to search for me now. I never said I was coming back so there was always a chance that Stefan or Damon were looking for me.

I finally made it out of Mystic Falls, or at least quite a ways from Mystic Falls since I didn't know the exact boundaries. My anger had subsided quite a bit from my stroll out here, but I was still in a killing mood. I found a way out of the woods to find a highway. A car was coming so I stood in the middle of the road knowing that they would throw on the brakes. As they got closer they noticed me standing there as they threw on the brakes and swerved to miss hitting me. The car crashed into a tree and I went over to it already sensing the blood coming from the driver. The lady driving was out cold after hitting her head and busting it open. I opened the driver's side door before unbuckling her and pulling her limp body out of the car. I sunk my fangs into her neck as I took some of her blood for my own need. I pulled away before beheading her and tossing her head as far as I could into the woods. I placed the body carefully in the middle of the road for someone to find. I smiled at my work before disappearing from the crime scene that would soon be known.

I continued my way back into the woods as I trailed the perimeter of Mystic Falls. I knew I was still outside it's boundaries, so I could continuing my killing spree if I found anymore people. I soon came upon a campsite for a family. They had a dog that was barking insanely at my presence. I stayed behind the tree as I focused my hearing on what was being said inside the tent.

"It's probably nothing, hon," A man with a deep voice spoke tiredly. Guess it was the father. "Go back to sleep."

"I can't sleep if he keeps barking. Please go see what it is before the kids wake up to the barking," A worried woman spoke this time, revealing that she was the mother. I could hear the man sigh as shuffling went on in the tent and it was being unzipped.

My attention quickly went from the family to the presence I felt behind me. I turned around to find nobody there. My eyes narrowed at the darkness that was surrounding me before I noticed a flashlight shining around. I quickly disappeared since I was absolutely sure I was being watched, just like I had been when I arrived back to Mystic Falls earlier. I didn't know who it was or why they were watching me. All I knew is that I probably didn't want to find out.

Once I was away from the family, I began walking normally again. I still had the paranoid feeling that I was being followed, but I tried to not let it get to me. I could also probably take on whoever it was if they were a threat. After all, I was a vampire. All I could do now was keep my senses sharp until I returned home, which I was trying to put off as long as possible.

After an hour or so I no longer felt like I was being followed. I was back in Mystic Falls so I didn't plan on killing anyone else for the night. I soon sat down on a stump as I enjoyed my alone time before returning back to what was becoming my personal hell. I loved Stefan to death and was glad to have him back in my life, but Damon was making it hard for me to stay and I had little trust for him. I also knew that Stefan was getting tired of our bickering as well as our stubbornness to completely forgive each other and let the past go. The thing was that I was trying, unlike Damon. I was trying to forget the past starting with my family first. That was a lot easier than forgetting what Damon had done. He was a constant reminder of what my life used to be like which made it harder for me to forget. It also made things a bit awkward for me since he flat out admitted to being in love with me all those years ago. And with how he's been acting, I would say he still is. I highly doubt he will settle for just being friends.

I heard a noise so I stood up before looking around me for the source. I was still a bit on edge from the presence I had felt twice in the past twenty-four hours. I debated on asking who was there, but knew it was a stupid idea. Did I really expect someone watching me to answer that? It could have been just an animal to begin with and I highly doubted the animal was going to speak and say 'Yeah, it was just me. Nothing to worry about'. If that happened it would either be a miracle or I had completely lost my mind and belonged in an insane asylum.

I began walking again when I sensed a presence as well as hearing a footstep barely stepping on the crunchy leaves. I used my speed and strength to get to the person before shoving them against the tree. The guy shoved back nearly causing me to fall. He grabbed a hold of me before throwing me into a tree. I winced as I felt bones break from the harsh force, but knew they were quickly healing. I stood back up before reappearing behind him and knocking him to the ground. He jerked me down to the ground before punches were being thrown from both of us. He finally had me pinned to the ground, but I managed to kick him off.

"Who are you?" I asked as I struggled to get back up thanks to my dress. Once I was standing I sent him a glare.

"Better question is who are you?" he spat as I backed into a tree.

"You've been following me. I think I deserve answers," I sneered.

"Says the one who was going to kill a family after ripping the head off of a lady and leaving her headless body in the middle of the road to be found," he responded as he wrapped his hand around my throat. I retaliated by shoving my hand through his chest and grabbing his heart. "Do it and you'll never find out." I let go to try and break his neck instead since I wanted answers as to why he has been following me. Figuring out my intentions, he let go of my throat before biting my neck just as I snapped his neck. My hands instantly went to the bite as he fell lifeless to the ground. I quickly put everything together to realize that he was a hybrid and most likely Stefan's hybrid friend. I didn't know if Stefan had sent him to follow me or if he even knew who I was. The only thing I knew was that werewolf bites were lethal to vampires, and since he was a hybrid I was sure it still had the same effect.

I quickly began making my way to my current home before the hybrid came back from the dead. I was pissed off as well as a bit shocked. There was no cure that I was aware of, but then again I've been learning something new since I came back to Mystic Falls. I knew if there was no cure that I would be getting my revenge before I died. I didn't care if it was Stefan's friend or not.

I made my way inside the house and found Damon and Stefan talking. There were no signs of Enzo or Elena which meant they had left. When they noticed the bite on my neck they both rushed over with worried looks. I was lead to the couch as they bombarded me with questions.

"No, I'm not okay. I think I found your hybrid friend," I seethed. "He has been following me. Any reason why?" I shot both boys a glare since either of them could have put him up to it.

"Camille, we didn't have anything to do with Tyler following you. I'm assuming that he doesn't even know who you are since he bit you," Stefan assured me, and I believed him.

"I'm hoping you know of a cure or I will be getting revenge on him before I die," I said with complete seriousness. They shared a glance before looking back at me.

"There is a cure..." Stefan trailed off letting Damon finish what he was saying.

"...But it's the blood of the Original hybrid in which we don't speak of."

"And who might that be?" I asked even though I had a slight idea from what I've learned about what's happened in Mystic Falls.

"Klaus Mikaelson," Damon answered and I inwardly let out a sigh of relief. At least I knew I would live, but would the Salvatore's get Klaus themselves.

"Then call him up! Find him or something!" I begged, knowing this was the moment of truth to see how much these boys still cared for me.

"It's not that easy, Camille," Stefan said hesitantly. "He doesn't exactly like us and even if he does help he'll want something in return."

"Stefan, the only reason your friend Tyler is alive is because I wanted answers. I went from getting ready to rip his heart out to breaking his neck instead, of course that was before I realized what he was. If you don't help me, I promise you that I will find Tyler and kill him. You will lose not only me, but him as well." My harsh blue orbs glared at both boys as I waited for their decision.

"Are you blackmailing us?" Damon asked as he narrowed his eyes at me in suspicion, but I didn't answer.

"Camille, we want to help you. We just don't know where to find Klaus. He left here months ago and hasn't been seen since,"Stefan tried to explain to me. "Even if we did manage to get in contact with him, there is a chance he won't help just out of spite."

"Are you going to help me or not?" I asked. "If not, I'll find Klaus myself. I prefer to not have the hallucinations and would like to be cured before then."

"There's no promise that he'll help, Camille, but we will do everything we can," Stefan promised and I smiled as he took out his phone. He left the room to make calls to whoever.

"I promise you that Tyler will pay and I will do anything to make sure Klaus helps." I sent Damon a small smile as he bent down and kissed the top of my head. "And I'm sorry, Camille. For everything."

Damon took out his phone also before leaving. I knew they both would try to get as much information as the could about Klaus' whereabouts. That proved to me that they were willing to do whatever it took to keep me alive and they still cared.

I got up before going outside to find my heels where I left them. I gave Stefan a slight smile before returning inside and going upstairs to put something more comfortable on. I was already beginning to burn up from the werewolf venom. It wouldn't be long before it started spreading and I had hallucinations. I threw my heels on the floor as I slowly took off my jacket, wincing at the pain the movement caused me. I took my phone out of the jacket pocket before tossing it to the floor as well. I decided to just stay in my tight fitting dress as I climbed into the bed. I used my own resources in search for Klaus as I sent a text to Elijah letting him know about my bite and that I needed Klaus' help asap. He quickly responded letting me that he would tell Klaus since I was sure they were together. I deleted the texts before putting my phone on silent. I ran my hand through my light brown locks of hair as I waited for my current hell to be over with even though it has yet to begin.