Living Dead Girl

13

Time slowly went by and I didn't think it could possibly get worse. The hallucinations began and it was a constant reminder of the hell I have lived through. At times I felt like I was there reliving it and couldn't tell what was reality. Thankfully I always had someone by my side who would manage to break through the hallucinations and calm me down. That someone was usually Damon. After Damon made a few calls he came by my side and was taking care of me. I knew he was taking advantage of my current state as a way to make it up to me, but I was thankful to have him here. Stefan, Elena, and their friends would sometimes join Damon or take his place as they all desperately tried to get me help. Tyler was even here once to apologize even though I was slightly out of it. I did happen to notice that Damon wasn't too happy to see him here.

Sometimes I would come out of my current hallucination state because of the pain. I had noticed that the venom had spread from my neck to across my shoulders. Every little movement would cause me pain, so I had to do my best to stay still. I could only pray for Klaus to get here soon.

I let out a small whimper as I tried to get comfortable in the bed. Damon tried his best to help me and I noticed the sadness in his eyes. He was losing hope that I would make it which meant none of them have found Klaus, or he had denied them even though I was sure he would help me. I knew Damon would kill Tyler if I didn't make it. I gave a weak smile to Damon before letting my eyes close again.

I continued to drift in and out of consciousness as the poison in my veins spread. At one point someone else was controlling my thoughts since it was when I was a child and quite happy, and not vampire killer memories. I knew it had to be either Damon or Stefan doing so since they both appeared in my thoughts.

My eyes fluttered open to see Elena taking care of me now. She held the similar sadness that I had seen in Damon. They were all losing hope in helping me. I was beginning to wonder if Klaus was going to help me as well since he was aware of my condition. It's been hours and still a no show from Klaus. Could Stefan been right about Klaus not saving me out of spite? Klaus liked me and even considered me a friend. He would save a friend I hoped, but then again this was Klaus we are talking about. Klaus didn't care about anyone but himself, and possibly his siblings.

My eyes closed only to reopen a few minutes later when someone sat down next to me on the bed, causing me to move in discomfort. Damon was now next to me on the bed as I sent him a glare for making movement on the bed. Elena was still in the chair with Stefan standing behind her and I noticed the others standing near the doorway. "Giving up on me?" I asked weakly before the hallucinations took over again.

I sat up in the grass as I glanced around in confusion. Had I fallen asleep? Stars twinkled in the night sky and Damon was gone. I carefully stood up as my head began throbbing. It was getting cool out and I needed to return inside before someone began to worry about me.

As I made my way towards the house, I saw John coming towards me. "Camille, are you alright my dear?" My eyes went to his neck before I grabbed him and sunk my fangs in his neck. The crimson substance filled my mouth and I couldn't stop myself. I quickly drained him dry before I pulled away in shock, letting him collapse to the ground. What have I done? I quickly knelt down before holding John in my arms as I cried.
What was happening to me? I could never kill my fiance, so why did I have the sudden urge for his blood? Why was I this monster?! I did not want to become this!

Damon was trying to snap me back to reality. I quickly sat up before crying out in pain it caused me. My vision was blurry from the tears in my eyes that threatened to fall down my already tear stained face. Damon carefully brought me into a hug. I was getting weaker by the second and didn't know how much longer it would be before I died.

Just as I was about to give up altogether, I heard a familiar voice downstairs. "I've heard that you were searching for me. Where is she?" Klaus asked whoever was downstairs. He soon appeared in my room as he looked me over. "Camille, what have you gotten yourself into?" he sighed before biting his wrist and holding it to my mouth. I held his wrist to my mouth as I drink enough blood to cure me.

"I was beginning to think you would let me die," I said as I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand. I was already beginning to feel better.

"I came as quick as I could, love." His eyes fell on Damon who was watching him carefully.

"Thank you. I owe you." I smiled.

"You owe me nothing, Camille," Klaus smiled back. "Just stay out of trouble."

"So you probably want something from us then?" Stefan asked as he leaned against the door frame.

"Not at all," Klaus smiled innocently.

"You don't just help people out of the goodness of your heart," Damon noted.

"True, but I did not come here at your request. I came here to save Camille since your hybrid friend, Tyler, bit her. I thought you would have protected your friend better, but I guess I was wrong. Then again, Damon, you were the one who turned her and left her." Klaus smirked as he let them know that he knew me quite well. I sent him a glare since I would have quite a bit of explaining to do.

"How do you know that?" Damon asked as he glanced from me to Klaus. I was biting down on my lip waiting for Klaus' answer.

"Camille told me of course. She asked for my help in search for the two boys she grew up with and the one who betrayed her." Klaus answered.

"Of course you didn't exactly help me," I muttered in annoyance. I was still a bit pissed off at the fact that Klaus knew their whereabouts, but never told me.

"Camille, love, we already went over why. However, I do remember you saying that you never wanted to go back to Mystic Falls and avoided coming here at all costs, yet here you are. What good has has it done since coming back? You haven't even been here for a week and you've been bitten." I let out a sigh knowing that Klaus was right. Since coming back I have been bitten, constantly arguing with Damon, was locked up thanks to the Salvatore brothers, and stabbed by Damon. Damon all together was a great reason to leave. "Camille, these aren't the boys you once knew. You can come with me and we will leave this town for good. You found who you were looking for, so there is no need to stay."

I let out a groan as I listened to the three argue about what was best for me and letting me do what I wanted. "I can't leave yet. I have business to take care of," I said after shushing them.

Klaus let out a sigh. "Camille, I liked you so much better with your humanity off, but I see that you still care deeply about these boys. I'm assuming that's why Damon is still alive after what he's done to you."

"I couldn't just kill him, Klaus," I sighed this time and he nodded to let me know he understood even though I wasn't sure if he did or not.

"I need to get going. It's a shame I can't convince you to come back with me," Klaus said before kissing my cheek. "Stay out of trouble, Camille. And try to not get bitten by a hybrid or werewolf. If you need anything you know how to get a hold of me. I hope to be seeing you again soon under different circumstances."

I bit my lip as he left and I waited for my confrontation with Damon and Stefan. I knew they were pissed off at me for not telling them I knew Klaus. My eyes glanced between the two and Stefan shook his head before walking away. Damon was now pacing in front of the bed.

"Go ahead, yell at me. Ask me how I know Klaus. Ask whatever!" I finally said.

"After all that we've been through, you didn't think to mention that you were all BFF with our enemy? Do you know what he's done to us, Camille? He made every single one of our lives hell." Damon was now standing in place as he spoke.

"I only know what Stefan and Elena told me, but it was pretty bad. To be honest, I am more amazed that he let you live. I knew you would react like this, so that's why I was keeping it a secret," I explained. "You should be thankful that I am all 'BFF' with him because he sure as hell wouldn't have saved me for you two."

"You were testing us," Damon said as the realization hit him. "You knew Klaus wouldn't save you if we asked."

"Actually, he would have if you said who got bitten. He knew I was already here. I sent a text to Elijah since I had a feeling you guys would fail at finding Klaus," I tried to explain as best as I could. "I just wanted to know if the brothers I grew up with still cared for me, or if you had changed like I have been told.

"And if we didn't try to help, you were going to leave for good." I just agreed since it wasn't really a question. "Camille, we will always care for you and be there for you when you need us," Damon said as he sat down next to me and placed his hand on my cheek.

"Damon's right," Stefan said as Damon dropped his hand. "We do care for you. We aren't going to let you die after getting you back." I smiled. "But you do get to explain how you know Klaus so well." Stefan smiled as he took a seat in the chair. I let out a groan as I got comfortable in the bed. My werewolf bite was completely healed so I didn't have to worry about the pain.

I was getting ready to begin my story on how I met Klaus when every single person who was still in the house entered the room. "What the hell? This isn't story time," I muttered as they crowded the room.

"You sort of owe us all an explanation," Elena shrugged.

"Fine," I rolled my eyes before my eyes landed on Tyler, who was staying far from me. "But Tyler owes me an explanation on why he was following me."

"I didn't know who you were. I just knew you were killing people outside of Mystic Falls. I'm once again really sorry for biting you," Tyler explained and I accepted his apology. I saw him hesitantly look over at Damon which meant Damon must have threatened him.

"Right, so I never really kept track of time or anything, but probably around a hundred years ago I ran into Klaus. I had my humanity off and was on a killing spree like usual. I would travel place to place and kill whoever I felt like, but made sure to not get caught. Well, one night I messed up pretty badly and was caught. Klaus had seen what happened and soon came to my rescue before anything could happen to me. He liked the fact that I was ruthless and didn't give a damn about anything. He asked if I would like to join him, and I agreed since he just saved my life. I was with him for a few months before going off on my own like I liked it. That was when I had asked him to let me know if he ever ran into Damon or Stefan. He agreed to help after I told him why I was in search for them. After that he would contact me when he needed someone killed and usually would pay me." I tried to keep my story brief and to the point.

"Why didn't he tell you about us?" Stefan questioned.

"Because I would have ruined his plans and he didn't want me in the middle of everything. I had no idea that he knew any of you. I had heard the rumors, but didn't know what was true. All I knew was that Mystic Falls was the talk of the vampire world. Now that everyone here knows, can all of you get out of my room?!"They all filed out of the room. I was pretty amazed at how many were willing to help save me. There was Caroline, Elena, Bonnie, Jeremy, Enzo, a guy whose name I did not know, and Tyler except he may have been threatened to help. Of course I couldn't forget my lovely Salvatore boys who just happened to still be in my room. "All of you included both of you."

"You didn't keep your promise." Stefan crossed his arms.

"Yeah I did?" I raised a brow.

"You have killed people, Camille."

"Yes, I have. My promise was to not kill here in Mystic Falls. I made sure it was outside Mystic Falls," I smirked knowing that I was right.

"If you are going to kill make sure to hide the bodies and not leave a crime scene. Tyler told me about the lady you beheaded and left in the middle of the road," Stefan said before standing up. "Don't kill families either. Have some humanity, Camille."

"Alright, bossy. I will lay low for a while and not kill at all. Now get out of my room!" He rolled his eyes at me before leaving the room. "And why are you still in here?" I asked Damon, who was still sitting beside me.

"You told Klaus you couldn't leave because you still had business to take care of. What exactly were you talking about?" Damon questioned. I could tell he didn't trust me completely.

"I believe a certain someone owes me the truth." He frowned a bit knowing what I wanted.

"Camille, no. Believe me on this."

"Do you ever plan on telling me or am I going to die without knowing whatever it is you're keeping from me?" I asked, getting pissed of at whatever he was keeping from me.

"I will tell you, Camille, but not right now. When the time is right and I know you won't kill me, then I will tell you," Damon sighed as he stood up. "You need to rest."

"Really, Damon?" I asked as I stood up as well. "I could have died in just a few hours, yet you still want to keep secrets from me. I no longer have any secrets that I'm keeping from you." Damon shook his head no. Why did he have to be so stubborn? "Fine, Damon. Maybe I should leave since I will never get the answers I want. Or maybe I could ask Klaus to get the truth out of you. I'm sure he will be willing to help with that!"

"Camille, we both know you don't plan on leaving. I also doubt you will ask Klaus to help." Damon was watching me as I grabbed a change a clothes to sleep in because a dress wasn't all the comfortable.

"Whatever, Damon." I began changing with my back towards him since I didn't really care if he saw me or not. It wasn't like I was naked. After I got dress, I turned around to catch him watching me like I expected. "Do you plan on leaving anytime soon?" He nodded as I got back in bed, flipping the pillow over so the dry blood was on the other side for now. I let out a sigh as he turned the light off. "Damon, you can stay," I muttered as I pulled the blankets up over my shoulders. I knew I was probably making a bad decision, but he was by my side for the past few hours. It felt weird for him to not be next to me.

Damon was hesitant before he closed the door and kicked off his shoes before laying next to me. I could feel him staring at me so I opened my eyes. "You don't plan on seducing me to get the truth are you?" he asked and I rolled my eyes.

"No, Damon," I smirked.

"It could work..." he hinted.

"Nice try. You were next to me almost the entire time I laid in bed in agony. I just want my best friend next to me," I smiled when he did.

"So I'm your best friend again?" Damon asked and I rolled my eyes at him again.

"You always were. Now don't push it or you will have to start at the bottom again and Stefan will be my best friend." I knew the less I hated Damon the faster he would tell me the truth. In a way I was just using him to get what I wanted.

"Fine, Camille. Go to sleep and I promise I will stay here."

"Better keep that promise or you'll regret it." I smiled before placing my head on his chest. He began playing with my hair after he kissed the top of my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
really long chapter. Hope you like it.