Living Dead Girl

14

I woke up the next morning to find Damon fast asleep next to me. I smirked realizing how easy it was for me to keep him wrapped around my finger. Of course he would do as I asked as long as it wasn't about the necklace. He was madly in love with me and wanted to make things right. I felt a bit bad for using him to get what I wanted, but then again he was doing the same in a way. The only difference was that he would be the one getting hurt in the end. He would get to experience what it's like for someone to back stab you that you are close to.

"Like what you see?" he asked cockily as a smirk graced his lips. I hadn't realized that I was staring at him like a creep. He didn't even have his eyes open to know I was staring.

"I've seen better," I said smugly as I sat up in bed. This time Damon opened his eyes to reveal the gorgeous blues I have always loved.

"You're lying," he stated.

"No," I said as I shook my head at the same time. "I've seen better. I mean c'mon, have you seen how hot some of these guys are nowadays? Fucking fine as hell. Ooh, then there are the ones with accents! I love British accents..." I began naming every accent I loved off as he listened to me ramble on and on. I knew it was making him a bit jealous.

"So you would like me better if I had an accent?" he questioned as he raised a brow. I stared at him as I tried to picture him with any accent even though I already knew my answer.

"Nah," I answered after a few moments of silence. Truth was that I liked him exactly the way he was.

As we got out of bed and went downstairs I continued talking about all the gorgeous guys I have seen over the years. I was honestly amazed that Damon hadn't shut me up about it yet. Instead he was listening, or half listening to what I had to say. He began downing glass after glass of the Bourbon as I continued talking. I knew he was getting tired of hearing me speak about other men I found attractive, and I knew it was making him jealous.

"What are we talking about?" Stefan asked as he joined us. I knew he had been listening by the look he shot me.

"Just the many guys Camille finds attractive." Damon sent Stefan a smile that screamed 'help me'. I threw a book at Damon and he caught it. "What was that for?"

"I saw that look you gave Stefan. Don't be a lame best friend." I pouted a little.

"Best friend?" Stefan questioned seeming a bit surprised.

"Yes, other best friend?" I smirked seeing Damon's reaction. It was mixture of hurt and annoyance.

"Nothing," Stefan shook his head at me. "I'm leaving so please behave and don't get yourself into any trouble today." I rolled my eyes at his concern.

"Yes, Dad. I will behave and not get myself in any trouble today unless it involves Damon as well," I said sarcastically before sending Stefan a wicked grin.

"Seriously Camille, stay out of trouble." Stefan was being all serious and in charge again. Funny how he was younger than Damon and I both, yet he's always the responsible one.

"Alright, fine. Bossy," I muttered as he left.

I got up and stretched before trying to figure out my plans for the day. I knew that the first thing I needed to do was get blood since the werewolf bite drained me quite a bit. And since most around here had vervain in them, I would have to go outside Mystic Falls.

I left Damon to drink alone as I went upstairs to take a shower and get ready for the day. I put on a little bit of make up and left my hair to air dry. Today's attire involved dark pair of jeans with a hole in the right knee, black boots, neon green tank top, and my black leather jacket. Looking myself over one more time in the mirror I realized that I didn't look quite bad.

I was getting ready to go out the door when Damon stopped me. "Where are you going?"

"Out. Why does it matter to you?" I questioned since he always seemed curious to know where I was going.

"Because Stefan would be pissed if I let you get into trouble or even cause more trouble."

"I'm not a child, Damon. I think I can take care of myself and stay out of trouble," I assured him before walking out of the house. I stood in front of the door as I counted down the seconds for it to open. Three, two, one, open. "And you are following me." I sighed even know I was expecting it.

"Don't you have a car?" Damon asked as I began walking with my hands in the jacket pockets.

"No, because I don't drive."

"You don't know how to drive do you?" he questioned with hint of surprise in his voice.

"Actually, I do," I answered as I turned around to face him. "I just prefer not to because I'm used to walking... or more like running."

"Okay, whatever you say!" Damon held his hands up in defense. "Can we at least take my car to wherever you are going?" I let out a sigh before walking back towards him and muttering a 'fine'.

The car ride was silent after Damon managed to get a whereabouts to where we were going. He didn't seemed bothered by the idea of me feeding on someone like Stefan had. He wasn't going to stop me or convince me to drink from an animal or blood bag either. I had a feeling it was mostly Stefan who did that.

We soon came to a National Park trail where we knew we would find people. There were a few cars including a Park Ranger which meant we had to be careful. The good news was that this was outside of Mystic Falls, so if I happened to kill anyone I wouldn't be breaking my promise to Stefan.

Damon and I walked the trail for a mile or so because veering off into the woods from the people walking along the path. We stopped walking when we heard a couple not far from us. My eyes darkened and a wicked smirk appeared on my face as I thought of what I was currently craving most, blood. I began running towards them only to be pulled back by Damon. "Don't kill them, Camille," he hissed before letting me go. I made my way towards them before hiding behind a nearby tree with Damon directly behind me. The two lovebirds were too busy making out to even sense our presence. I came out behind the tree first to grab the girl while Damon grabbed the guy. I quickly compelled her to stay quiet as Damon did the same next to me. My eyes fell on the guy before glancing at the girl in front of me. Damon was getting ready to bite the guy when I asked to trade him. We traded before sinking our fangs into their necks. I became greedy and began to drain the man of the crimson substance that flowed through his veins. Damon had stopped and forcefully pulled me from the man. He quickly compelled them to forget what happened before sending them away and pulling me off of the trail.

"Dammit, Camille. You cannot kill anymore people around here. People are already suspicious in Mystic Falls," Damon said as he shoved me against a tree. I sent him a smirk as he wiped his mouth.

"Stefan doesn't like it when you kill either, does he?" I questioned as Damon walked away from me.

"Stefan tries to live a normal life."

"Too bad he can't. None of us can," I muttered before shoving myself away from the tree and wiping my mouth.

We began walking back towards his car since I didn't want anymore blood, especially with him around. I hopped onto his back since I didn't want to walk. We were almost to the car when we spotted another person. I got off Damon's back before vampire speeding to the person and sinking my fangs into their neck. I would have drained them dry too if Damon didn't stop me again. This time he had pulled me away before throwing me to the ground. By the time he compelled the person, I was standing back up and seething at him.

"Was that necessary, Damon?" I spat before shoving him away from him.

"Stefan would kill me if I let you kill anyone else!" he hissed as he grabbed my wrist.

"Who cares what Stefan wants! Have some fun, Damon!" I tried to jerk my arm away, but his grip tightened. I tried to hit him with my left hand, but he caught it before my fist made contact with his face. He began backing me up until my back was pressed against rough bark. He pinned both of my arms above my head before staring down at me. He gave me a smirk as his beautiful blues fell on my lips. He began to lean down before freezing. His head snapped to the right and he cursed. I was a bit relieved and annoyed at the same time.

"Someone saw what you did," he mumbled as his eyes fell back on me. I listened to what he heard as well. A woman was describing what she saw to someone and they were walking our way. "Dammit, Camille." Damon let go of my arms before picking me up and getting us off the trail and far from them.

Damon let me back down once we were near the car. He noticed that I still had blood around my mouth and wiped it off for me before we walked casually to his car like we had nothing to do with anything that happened.

"Sorry," I mumbled, knowing that Stefan would probably find out and lock me in the cell.

"Just hope that your face doesn't appear on America's Most Wanted, Camille," Damon sighed as we sped away from the trail.

"She was describing me pretty well to whoever she was talking to. I should have compelled her to forget." I realized how bad I was fucking up.

"I plan on doing so," Damon smirked as he pulled off onto the side of the road. "I just need you to stay here. Can you do that without getting yourself into trouble?"

"I will stay here," I sighed as he got out of the car. I knew the only reason he got me away instead of compelling them right there was the fact he didn't trust me. I would have probably killed her and whoever she was speaking to. Damon was picking up on the tricks I liked to play.

I slouched in the passenger seat as I waited for him to get back. My mind went back to right before he heard the lady. When he pinned me against the tree something had changed. I wanted him to kiss me. I wanted his hands all over my body. At that moment all I wanted was him.

The car door shut, startling me. My eyes fell on Damon who was watching me cautiously. He asked if I was alright and I nodded before asking if the problem was taken care of. I thanked him for cleaning up my mess before I let my thoughts consume me.