Living Dead Girl

2

I was glaring at Damon as he walked over to me. He tried to pull me into a hug, but I moved out of the way. "Cam..." I slapped him across the face as I began unleashing the anger I kept pent up all this time.

"Don't. Call. Me. That," I hissed. He always liked to call me Cam as we grew up and I always hated it. It was a boys name and didn't suit me at all. Because I hated it so much, he would call me Cam just to watch how I would react.

"Camille..." he corrected before sending me his signature smirk.

"You made my life a living hell, Damon. You made me into this monster just because someone was a little jealous and mad! I thought I was going to be dead for good! But no, I come back as a blood sucking creature just because of your misery! I can't even go in the sunlight now!
I was just two weeks from my wedding day. Two weeks I would have been happily married and starting my family, but now I can't even do that. Do you know who the first person I killed was? It was my fiance, John, who I loved dearly. I drained him of his blood, and from what I now know, his blood is what finished my transition into a vampire. I killed someone I loved so much just to become a monster! I felt so bad that I had to leave Mystic Falls before I killed each of my family members next.
Worst of all, you made me this way! I know you compelled me now. The least you could have done was been there for me. I was scared and didn't know what to do. I couldn't find you or Stefan." This time I shot a glare at Stefan. "I've been searching all these years, but now you boys are quite famous in the vampire community. Word gets around so I came back to Mystic Falls for the first time in... forever."

I didn't know how many years it had been since I left Mystic Falls or how old I even was. After a few years passed I stopped keeping track. Most of the time I didn't care since I kept my humanity turned off. I liked it much better when I didn't care about anything. I could kill men, women, and children without it even bothering me. I could set towns on fire, but did I care? Nope. If Damon could be miserable and make me miserable, then I could make everyone else miserable in some way. At least I didn't turn them into monsters.

"Camille, I'm so sorry." Damon tried to reach out to comfort me, but I jerked away.

"Save it, Damon." I shook my head in disbelief. I wanted to break his neck, stab him in the chest, pour vervain down his throat, anything to make him suffer. I knew I couldn't do it though since I cared too much. I cared for Damon and Stefan even though I haven't seen them in over a hundred years. Damon knew about me, but didn't even tell Stefan. He didn't even care to search for me.

"I'm sorry," I said to Stefan as I gave him one last hug. Coming here was a mistake. They had their friends and I wasn't going to intrude. It wasn't like it mattered. Damon obviously didn't care much while Stefan didn't even know I was a vampire. From what I also heard, they usually had chaos around them and I wanted no part of it. I liked living my peaceful life traveling the world and enjoying others suffering. As soon as I left here, my humanity was getting shut off.

"What are you sorry for? Nothing has been your fault," Stefan told me as I pulled away.

"I'm sorry for not staying. I have other business to take care of," I lied. "Hope to see you soon, Stefan."

"You can't just show up and then leave!" Damon said as I began walking towards the door.

"You have had all kinds of time to try and find me, yet you didn't. If I was going to stay, it wouldn't be for you, Damon." I let out a sigh before shutting off my humanity since I knew they would try to talk me into staying.

I was surprised when I got outside without anyone following me. I slid my hands into the pockets of my black leather jacket as I glanced up at the starry night. There were only a few hours left until the sun would come up. I knew I most likely had to find somewhere to stay in Mystic Falls for the day and then leave tonight.

"Camille." I rolled my eyes before turning around to face Damon. "Please, stay. I want to make everything right." I stared at him blankly.

"Sorry, Damon. I have places to go and people to... kill." He gave me a confused look as I smirked. "Just continue with what you were doing before I showed up."

Before Damon could say anything else I ran away from him to avoid any more conversation. I didn't stop until I came to an abandon house just outside Mystic Falls. I pushed the creaky door open before entering and being thankful that nobody owned the house. I closed the door and let my eyes adjust to the darkness. The place was literally empty other than beer bottles, broken boards, and broken glass from the windows. Dirt and dust covered the place from ceiling to floor. Spider webs were in almost every corner and a few mice were scurrying to their hiding spots after I made my presence known. The rotting floor was my bed for the day, but it wasn't like the worse place I slept.

I went to what I assumed used to be the living room before going over to the far corner. I stomped down the spider webs before laying down and getting comfortable. I began thinking up a plan for tonight so I would never have to have a reason to come back to this place again.