Living Dead Girl

3

I hissed out in pain before jumping up and backing into the corner. Sunlight was pouring in through cracks in the walls and ceiling. What a great house I chose to stay in. I stuck my hand out into the sunlight before quickly pulling back and wincing. Of course I only had maybe an hours worth of sleep before the damn sun decided to seep through and burn me. The pain was worse than a sunburn! I let out a string of curses as I glanced around the room for another place to sleep because there was no way in hell I was staying in a corner all day.

Seeing there was no other place in here, I used my vampire speed to go through the rooms so I didn't get burnt as bad. It now came to my conclusion that this abandoned house was literally falling apart. Sunlight was seeping through in every direction in each room. My skin was blistering worse with each passing second the sun hit me. Curse Damon and the Originals, and anyone else who was at fault for me being a vampire. Curse whoever was the last owner of the house and everyone else for not fixing it up. Curse the whole damn world for all I cared! Oh that's right, I didn't care! Curse them all!

I let out a groan as I kept myself pressed against a wall that was in the shadows. There was not a single place in this entire house where I could sleep peacefully. It was literally a death trap to vampires. Too bad I wasn't a suicidal vampire because now would be a great time. Ironically enough, I enjoyed my life to some degree. Being a vampire had some perks that being a human didn't. If I had the choice to be human again I wouldn't take it. I much rather bitch about being a vampire.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The hours passed and I constantly had to move to find a shadowed area. I was tired and weak and really needed blood. The sun wouldn't go down for another few hours which sucked for me. Once I could get out, I was going on a killing spree. It didn't matter to me who they were. If they got in my path, then they would be my next meal. I was going to leave a trail of bodies going into town and all the way out. All the vampires in Mystic Falls would have some explaining to do. Maybe what they are will be revealed to the whole town and they will suffer. I smirked to that thought. If that happened I would never have a reason to come back. Hell I could leave a trail of dead bodies from here to California then flee the country and act as if it never happened. Maybe I did need a new scenery change. Maybe I should go back to my place in Paris. Or maybe even Rome. Anywhere far from here would be good.

I began counting down the minutes until sunset. My blistered skin was slowly healing as I sat on the floor staring at the wall in front of me. My knees were brought up to my chest with my chin resting on them. It wasn't until I heard the front door creak open that I moved, and very little at that. I weakly stood up and kept my back against the wall as I listened to the footsteps enter the house. I was currently in no position to take whoever it was on, and from what I could sense, they weren't human.

"Camille?" Damon called out as he began walking in my direction. There was no point in trying to hide since he would see me. He wasn't really a threat so I sat back down on the floor.

He came into the room and instantly spotted me. He rushed over to me before checking me over. I sent him glares as I wished for him to leave me alone. Guess he didn't get the hint and my wish didn't come true.

"Fuck off," I muttered as he tried to pick me up, but I jerked away.

"I said I was sorry!"

"Doesn't mean shit to me. Now leave me alone."

"Please, just let me make it up to you. Look," Damon took something out of his pocket before holding it out to me. "I got you something." I stared at the ring before sending him another glare. Why the hell did he get me a ring for?

I stood up before shoving Damon away from me. As I did so my hand went into a ray of light and I hissed out in pain. It was then that I realized that Damon was standing in sunlight and not being affected. He came here in the afternoon without the sun bothering him. He was a vampire as well, yet he wasn't burning. How was that possible?

As if he could read my mind he answered. "It's a daylight ring. As long as you wear it you can be out in the daytime." I raised a brow before taking the ring from him. As soon as I put the ring on my left ring finger, I stuck my hand out in the sunlight. Amazingly I didn't burn at all. I took a step so most of my body was now in the light, but still no burning.

I narrowed my eyes at Damon before vampire speeding out of the house. I needed blood and since I could now leave the house without waiting for the sun to go down, I was going after my first victim for the night... or afternoon. First victim ever while being in the sunlight to be exact.

"I don't even get a thanks?" Damon asked as he easily caught up to me. Guess he didn't like my few choice of words for the day.

"Thank you for the ring so I can start my killing spree early," I replied sarcastically as I searched for anyone close by.

I stumbled upon a couple that was camping in the nearby woods. I stood behind a tree and could feel Damon's presence behind me. Ignoring him, I quickly went behind the couple before sticking my fangs into the girl's neck and stomping down hard on the guy's leg breaking it. They were both screaming out in pain and to each other. I quickly drained the girl of her blood before snapping her neck and tossing her to the side. Tonight wasn't fun and games. I was going straight for the kill. I was about to stick my fangs into the guy's neck when Damon pulled me away.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Damon exclaimed as he held me back. I tried to fight him off, but I was still too weak. I went with my next plan as I calmed down in his arms.

"I need blood, Damon," I said as I stared a the guy who was watching us with fear in his eyes. My harsh blue orbs met with his terrified green ones causing him to glance away.

"Was that really necessary?"

"Not like there is an unlimited amount of blood falling from the sky. At least she didn't suffer like the rest of my meals." I glanced back at him with a sadistic grin. "Just him and I promise I will stop," I lied. When Damon didn't let go of me I gave him my best puppy dog eyes. "Please?" Damon let out a sigh before letting me go. I went straight for the guy as I bit into his neck. Within seconds he was drained of his blood as well. A smirk stayed on my face before I shoved his lifeless body onto the girl's. "Done."

I turned around to face Damon to see that he was watching me closely. I walked over to him before wrapping my arms around his neck for a hug. His arms went around my waist as I laid my head on his shoulder. "I missed you," Damon murmured. I smirked at how easy it was to get him where I wanted him. My hands moved up to entangle in his hair as I pulled away to look at him. Before he realized what I was up to, I broke his neck. I moved away as he fell to the ground.

"I'm sorry... not really," I muttered before running towards the town. I wasn't going to let the brother who ruined my life also ruin my plans for this evening.