Living Dead Girl

4

It wasn't even nightfall when I had started the line of bodies. Of course it wasn't literally a line but piles of lifeless humans were stacking up around the town. To some degree did they actually make a path towards the town. Sometimes I would throw a lifeless body off the path to throw Damon off, because I know damn well that he will be after me soon enough. It would become a game of cat and mouse.

My eyes were on my next victim. It was a female probably in her thirties. She had long, wavy brown hair that went to her hips, perfectly shaped eyebrows, chocolate colored eyes, a tiny nose that seemed a bit too small for her face, and plump lips that were dark red. A white button up blouse and long black skirt fit her tall figure perfectly. Her black heels and gold bracelet topped off the outfit. Since she was dateless and coming out of a restaurant that looked fancy, I could only assume she went out to eat after work with her coworkers.

I stalked over towards the woman as she began unlocking her car door. I took a quick look around before snapping her neck and letting her fall to the pavement. Her blood was useless to me since it was laced with vervain, so she was better off dead. She was also the tenth person to have vervain in them. It made me suspicious to the fact if they knew about vampires or someone else did and was trying to protect the residents of Mystic Falls. Good thing I was more of a fan of killing people and not compelling them.

Sirens were heard in the distance alerting me that bodies were being found. How would the town of Mystic Falls explain this? A murder? An animal attack? Both? Some of the people would have bite marks and be drained of their blood. Others would just have broken necks. Some may have both. I was hoping that I would put horror into the citizens. Maybe they will blame the Salvatore brothers if the rumors were true that it's been chaos since they've been back. For once the misery could be theirs.

More people came out of the restaurant, so I quickly left the scene to search for the next victim. I've gotten half the town so far, now the other half was left. People were casually walking along the sidewalks so I decided to take a risk. I used my vampire speed as I tore the heads off each person I passed and threw it into the road. There would now be more bodies with another way they died. At least this was a lot quicker with a lot more people. None knew what would hit them. I was moving to fast for anyone to even see me. Even if there were many witnesses, I doubt their stories would be that believable. 'Yeah, their head just flew off and went into a road! It all happened so fast!' 'Did you see anyone?' 'No, nobody was there.'

An elderly man was the last victim before I got far from that scene. Soon enough the town would be it complete chaos as the residents demanded answers and hid away from what evil was lurking. I, of course, would never have to come back to the town again. I came here, said what I needed to say, and left with a mess for the vampires here to clean up. My new motto was going to be 'Make my life hell, I'll make yours the same'.

I stood in the shadows as I watched the flashing lights of emergency vehicles go in every direction. I held a smirk with an evil glint in my eye. I loved being bad. I loved the fact that I didn't care what I just did to my hometown. But most of all, I completely didn't care.

"Camille," a voice said softly causing me to jump. I turned around to see Stefan watching me carefully. He had been so quiet that I didn't hear him sneak up on me, nor did I sense his presence. "I'm sorry." I raised a brow just as I felt another presence behind me. I didn't have time to react as I felt my neck crack before everything went black.

My eyes opened and I let out a groan. I tried to move, but my wrists were bound by chains. My eyes widened as I tried to figure out where I was. All I could tell was that it was some sort of cell. How did I even get in here? I tried to break away by jerking on the chains, but got nowhere. I even tried to slip my hands out, but it was too tight. The door in front of me opened to reveal Damon and Stefan. Both leaned against the walls as the watched me helplessly try and escape.

"You've been a bad girl," Damon told me.

"Fuck you," I spat.

"That's not very ladylike."

"Things change," I muttered as I glared him down.

"How did you manage to kill so many people without even caring?" Stefan questioned. "I mean, does it really not bother you at all?"

"Or maybe you switched your humanity off? The Camille I remember wouldn't have slaughtered sixty people within a few hours." Damon said as he walked closer to me. "In fact, she wouldn't have killed anyone at all."

"The Camille you remember was human. You know before you ruined her life? Unfortunately you were never around after doing so and have not seen vampire Camille. The Camille that likes to be a heartless bitch!"

Damon put his hands on either side of my face and held me so I was looking at him. "We both know that's not true, Camille. I saw your reaction last night. I could see the anger, the betrayal, and sadness. You had your humanity on."

"You're delusional," I argued.

"You were happy to see me, Camille. You can't deny that," Stefan spoke as he stood next to Damon now.

"So what? Maybe I did have my humanity on. Who says I keep it on though? Who says I'm not nearly the same with it on? It's not like either of you would know."

"How many times do you want me to apologize?! I'm sorry for ruining your life, Camille. It was a stupid and selfish thing to do, but that's what I do! I do stupid things that I later regret. Turning you is at the top of my list of regrets! Just give me a chance to make it up to you!" Damon was pleading with me and I smirked at his lame attempt to get me to turn my humanity back on.

"Go to hell." I didn't move as Damon punched the wall beside my head, leaving a small hole.

"Turn your humanity back on!" Damon demanded.

"No." I could see the anger in his eyes and that he was getting aggravated with me.

"Don't play childish games, Camille."

"Why? It's fun." I tilted my head to the side some and smiled innocently.

"Don't make me have more regrets about you. I will get you to turn your humanity on one way or another. It's your choice." I raised a brow at him.

"You wouldn't hurt me. Neither of you would." I honestly didn't know if they would or not with how much has changed. When we were all human, they used to look out after me and try their best to keep me safe.

"Don't test me," Damon hissed before leaving the cell. Stefan let out a sigh before looking at me.

"Come on, Camille. He's trying. I know he has messed up, but he wants to make it right. Give him a chance." Stefan was pleading with me now and I almost gave in to him.

"No, he doesn't deserve a chance to make things right. He has had all kinds of opportunity to make things right, but he never did. He left me alone after compelling me to drink his blood then killing me, Stefan. I've been through hell since. He never tried to come find me after all these years, and now both of you want me to give him a chance to make it up to me? It's not happening," I said dryly.

Damon came back in with something behind his back. Stefan took one glance at him before leaving me alone with Damon. Damon kept whatever he had behind his back as he stood back in front of me.

"Please, Camille. Just give me a chance and not regret what I'm going to do." I shook my head no and waited for what he had planned. He was hesitant before quickly moving and stabbing me in the lower stomach. My mouth fell open as I glanced down to the vervain soaked wooden stake that was in my body. My shock was evident as my eyes met with his which were filled with regret. "I'm sorry."

"No, you're not," I hissed out as he twisted it before pulling it out of my stomach. Blood soaked through my light blue shirt.

"I am, Camille." He placed his hand on my cheek. "Please turn your humanity back on."

"No. I will never forgive you Damon. And if torture is your way of getting someone to turn their humanity back on, just know that you are doing worse that those who held me captive years ago. Especially since you were supposed to be my friend." I could see the pain in his eyes as he dropped his hand. He left the cell before slamming the door, leaving me chained up. "Let me out of here!" I screamed as I rattled the chains.

Nobody came back so I got as comfortable as I could. I could hear Stefan and Damon upstairs talking about me, but I blocked them out. I should have left town when I had the chance. Now my used to be friends are keeping me locked up until who knows when.
♠ ♠ ♠
For those reading You Stupid Girl, I plan on updating it soon.