Living Dead Girl

6

For the first time in over a hundred years I had many emotions running through me. My mind was racing with so many thoughts. It took every ounce of willpower to walk away from the door and not go back inside. I needed a drink, and not blood either.

I soon found myself in front of Mystic Grill. I went straight to the bar and sat on one of the stools before ordering the strongest alcohol beverage they had. The girl gave me a questioning look, but went and got me what I asked for after sending her a glare. I put my head in my hands as I replayed Damon's words in my head. Camille, I have always loved you. Was I really so oblivious? No wonder Katherine didn't like me and my Father resented Damon. It's not like it would have ever worked between us. Mother and Father had arranged my marriage when I was just a baby. Even though I didn't know John at the time, I knew he would be the only guy I would ever be with. I fell in love with a man I barely knew, while all along a man I grew up with loved me.

"What exactly happened to you?" the bartender asked as she placed my drink in front of me. I downed it all in one drink before sliding the empty glass back over to her for a refill.

"Hell," I answered as I let my thoughts consume me. "Hell has happened to me."

She gave me a weird look. "I was talking about your shirt." I glanced down to see the bloodstain. I cursed silently before faking sadness.

"My dog got ran over this morning. I had him for six years," I frowned. "It's like one bad thing after another is happening to me. My life is a living hell."

"Sometimes I think we all live in Hell," she said as I took a sip of my drink this time. She left me alone with my thoughts as I sat there staring off into space.

If Damon loved me so much, why did he leave me? Why did he turn me to begin with? Why didn't he ever come looking for me after all these years? Why did he stab me for? How come he never even told Stefan about me? I knew I would only get these answers if I asked Damon himself, but right now he was the last person I wanted to see. At least I partly knew why he was jealous.

I was outside walking around when a pair of hands covered my eyes. "Guess who?" he whispered into my ear. A smile spread across my face as I turned around to face my closest friend.

"Damon!" I shrieked as I wrapped my arms around him. He chuckled as he embraced me back. When I pulled back he was frowning. "What's the matter?" I asked.

"It's nothing," he smiled. "How was your trip? You've been gone for quite some time now."

"It was lovely! John's family already treat me as if I am one of their own. I will be married and moving in with them soon" I grinned as we sat down in the grass. Damon gave me a small smile. "Where is Stefan? Is he with Katherine?" Damon frowned at the mention of their names.

"Camille, I miss you," he spoke, changing the subject. He took one of my hands in his while his other hand rested on my cheek.


"Didn't think I would find you here," Damon spoke beside me, breaking me from my thoughts of that evening. "You might want to loosen your grip on the glass before you break it." I glanced down at my hand to see it gripped tightly around the empty glass. I was amazed that it hasn't shattered yet. I let go of it before shoving it away.

"Go away," I mumbled as I stared at the glass to avoid looking at Damon.

"What were you just thinking about?" he asked as he called over the bartender and ignored my request.

"You," I frowned as I took a glance towards him to see him smile a little. "It was the evening that you compelled me to drink your blood before you snapped my neck." This time he frowned since it was where my hatred for him began. It was his biggest regret and we both knew it. "You were jealous of John and I, weren't you?" He didn't say anything as he ordered his drink. "You knew you were losing me forever and you didn't like it." Once again he had nothing to say because I was right. "All these years I thought it was because Stefan and Katherine got together and you were jealous of them." I laughed a little at how stupid I was.

"I get it, Camille. I messed up big time. I ruined your life before it even began. It's the biggest regret I've ever made. My second regret was leaving you alone," Damon sighed before taking a drink.

"Yet you spent many years in search for Katherine, but not a single year for me." He seemed a bit shocked that I knew about that. I shook my head in disbelief before paying for my drinks. "Who were you really in love with, Damon?"

I walked away before he could answer. His words from earlier still repeated in my head. Camille, I have always loved you. I was beginning to think he just didn't like the idea of being alone. He pretty much had lost everyone around him except for me and Stefan. He probably did love me, but he wasn't in love with me.

Since Damon was at Mystic Grill, I decided to go search for Stefan since we had a lot of catching up to do. It wasn't his fault that he didn't know anything about me, so I wasn't going to penalize him for it. He was still my friend and my only friend since I didn't exactly make friends over the years. And now that I finally found Stefan, I wasn't planning on losing him again.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think about Damon and Camille?