Living Dead Girl

7

"Stefan!" I smiled when I found him still at his house with Elena. He was confused at first before pulling me into a hug. I knew he was happy to see me back.

"I thought you had a date with Paris since your work here is complete?" Stefan questioned, quoting what I had said earlier.

"Well, I had a change of plans," I answered as we pulled away from each other.

"You mean what Damon said changed your mind?" he raised a brow at me. Of course I knew he heard what Damon said. They all had heard it even though it was meant for me.

"Not really." I partially lied. "I've spent over a hundred years in search of you, and now that I found you I'm not quite ready to leave."

"You mean Damon?" Stefan smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"I mean both of you, but mostly you. I also think you kind of rubbed off on me since I have my humanity on and haven't turned it back off yet. I rarely keep my humanity on, and when I do I'm still the heartless bitch I am with it off," I said as I thought about it. "You might just be able to get old Camille back."

"Where do you plan on staying?" Elena asked me carefully as if I would throw her against the wall just because she asked. I thought it was funny since she was afraid of me.

"Probably here. If that's okay with you Stefan?"

"On one condition." I nodded my head as I waited for him to go on. "No more killing sprees. We already have to have a cover story for your recent slaughtering."

"But it was fun," I pouted, getting a serious look from Stefan. "Fine, I'll behave," I let out a sigh.

"That also means no draining the locals when you are hungry."

"Then what am I suppose to do?" I asked as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Animal blood or blood bags."

"Really? And disgusting. I have to have my meal straight from the tap."

"Camille," Stefan sighed as he tried to negotiate with me.

"I promise I won't kill them."

"Fine. You kill one person for no reason at all and I will lock you in the cell downstairs myself." I rolled my eyes at him. "We live here, Camille. We don't want what we are to be exposed." Stefan was being all serious again.

"Yes sir!" I saluted him before taking a seat in a chair. "And since I'm staying here, we have a lot of catching up to do."

Stefan and Elena both shared their stories and what has happened here in Mystic Falls. Most of the rumors about the Salvatore's were true which surprised me a little. I didn't exactly see them as heroes, especially going against the Originals. But then again it was to protect Elena, who just happened to be the doppelganger of Katherine, which both boys obviously loved dearly. Of course they couldn't save everyone as they told me friends and family they lost along the way.

"What about you?" Stefan asked once they finally finished talking. I didn't know that two vampires could do so much in so little time, especially since Elena hasn't even been a vampire very long. My story was going to sound quite boring compared to theirs.

"Well, after leaving Katherine I just traveled the world and killed people while searching for Damon and Stefan. Of course my humanity was off so it didn't bother me at all when killing them. It still doesn't bother me even with my humanity on. Maybe it's just because I've killed so many people. That's all I've really done. Travel the world and kill innocent people for fun. I'm amazed I've never made the news," I frowned a little at the fact that word didn't get around about me. Bet the Salvatore's would have searched for me then.

"You never turn your humanity on?" Elena asked.

"Rarely. I hate feeling anything. Why have feelings when I can just turn it off? I am, after all, a vampire. Vampires are supposed to be scary and ruthless, not some friendly creature."

"Why did you turn your humanity on when you did?" Stefan asked curiously.

"To feel. I tried to have a relationship once, but that didn't work well at all. He cheated on me, so I killed him before shutting my humanity off for another sixty or so years. I can't play the nice vampire who saves humanity like you can. I've been alone and going from place to place without a worry in the world. Since I didn't have this fancy daylight ring, I was a night walker. I was usually partying in every big city around the world. If you ever want to travel and have a place to stay, I guarantee you I have a house there." I smiled.

"Where's your favorite place to go?" Elena asked me.

"Rome, Paris, London. Anywhere in Europe really. Miami and L.A. are nice as well. I also love shopping in the Big Apple. I guess I don't exactly have a favorite place."

"You have houses in all those places?"

"Yes, see I compel people to own the house and let me in. The house is also in my name so nobody can take it if they die. It then just belongs to me and any vampire can enter until I get someone new to live there," I explained.

"How do you afford it all? I mean, I know you've been around for awhile and probably a billionaire, but it seems like a lot." I laughed at what Elena said.

"I have hardly any money at all! I just compel people. Almost everything I own I have gotten for free. What money I do have is from small jobs I've done for a few vampires. I also sometimes steal money from my victims." I shrugged as if it was nothing.

"Good luck trying to compel someone here. Mostly everyone has vervain in their system since it's in the water supply," Stefan told me.

"That explains a lot," I muttered. Guess the town knew about vampires. "Wait, the town knows? I thought you didn't want me to expose what we are?"

"The founding members know as well as a few others. They know not to mess with us though, all thanks to Damon." I rolled my eyes. Of course it had to be Damon.

I excused myself from the conversation when my phone began vibrating in my pocket. I rarely got calls, so I knew it was important. Seeing that it was an unknown caller, I made my way outside before answering it. "Hello?"

"Camille, love, are you in Mystic Falls?" I instantly recognized the voice to be Klaus' since I've done a few jobs for him in the past. I knew Damon and Stefan couldn't find out about that especially after what he's done to them all.

"I'm assuming you already knew this. Why didn't you tell me you and Stefan used to be the best of friends? Or how about when you were in Mystic Falls terrorizing them?" I hissed into the phone. I asked one small favor when I met Klaus and that was to help me find the two boys I grew up with. Guess I should have asked Elijah instead since he kept his word.

"I'm sorry, love. I didn't want you in the middle of everything. It would have ruined my plans." Typical Klaus.

"Any specific reason as to why you are calling me other than asking an obvious question?" I asked as I sat down in the grass.

"Just to ask if the recent deaths had anything to do with you?" I knew Klaus was smiling wide. He liked me ever since we met. He liked the fact that I could kill people and not give a fuck. That's why he paid me to do his dirty work, even though he was just as bad as me.

I licked my lips before answering. "Of course it was. My plan didn't exactly go as planned though."

"I'm assuming you will be staying in Mystic Falls now that you found the Salvatore brothers?"

"For now."

"And they don't know that we are friends?"

"Friends is a pretty loose term. And no they do not. Let's keep it that way," I muttered. I didn't need my alliance with the Originals to be known. It was my secret just like I was sure Damon and Stefan had their secrets.

"I won't tell a soul since you are one of my favorite people. I have to say that I'm quite shocked that you're not mad over what I did to your friends or is your humanity still off?" Klaus questioned as I stood back up.

"On, and they deserved it to some degree. I've gotta go. I'll talk some other time."

"I'll keep in touch, Camille." I rolled my eyes before saying bye and ending the call.

I went back inside to find Elena and Stefan making out on the couch. I cleared my throat and they quickly pulled away. "Am I interrupting something? If so I can go somewhere else..."

"No, it's fine," they both said at the same time and I smirked.

"If you want some privacy I can go somewhere..." I knew I was making things awkward, but I didn't care. I thought it was quite funny. The both reassured me that I wasn't bothering them and could stay.

"So, what's going on between you and Damon?" Elena asked.

I raised a brow at her. "Nothing."

"So what Damon said had no effect on your choice to stay here?" Stefan questioned, not believing what I said earlier.

"No. Is it that hard to believe?" I asked, getting annoyed with their sudden interest with our nonexistent relationship.

"You were always close to him."

"Because he was my best friend, Stefan. You both were."

"Yet, you were still closer to him."

"Damon and I will never be together, Stefan," I groaned getting tired of the subject.

"You're saying that you have never had feelings for him?" Elena joined in on the interrogation.

"No."

"Not even now?"

"Ugh, I can't even stand him now," I groaned. "We are just friends. That's all we'll ever be."

"You can't stand him, yet you're still friends?" Elena questioned.

"Of course we're still friends. Maybe not at the moment, but I didn't come looking for them both for no reason. They were my friends then and are my friends now," I snapped at them.

"Wow, someone has anger issues," Stefan joked.

"Well, when your best friend turns you into a bloody monster and leaves you, you tend to have anger problems. Then there is the fact that he never searched for me or even told you about me."

"Sooner or later you have to forgive him." Stefan was being serious again.

"I know, Stefan. It's not that easy. I wasn't exaggerating when I said he ruined my life. He literally did," I sighed as I slumped back in the chair.

"He does love you, Camille. He always has."

"I kind of recently figured that out. The thing is, I don't think I can ever love Damon. He's the reason why I killed the love of my life."

"It was over a hundred years ago, Camille. You have to forgive him sooner or later," Stefan sighed.

"What part of what I said haven't you understood? Damon is the reason the love of my life is gone. Damon is the reason why I'm a vampire. I can't just pretend like it never happened. Deep down the pain of losing John is still there. Damon can never replace John or be the love of my life. Yet, out of all the men in this world, you want me to just forgive your brother and love him. Am I missing something?" I was about to lose my cool with Stefan.

The front door slammed, startling Elena and I. The three of us turned to see Damon staring at me emotionless. I let out a groan when I realized that he probably heard the entire conversation. I was beginning to think Stefan and Elena both knew he was listening.

"Speak of the devil and he shall appear," I mumbled as I pushed a strand of my light brown hair behind my ear.

"Anything you want to say to me, Camille?" Damon asked from where he was now standing.

"No, Damon. I've said what I needed to say to you."

"Why are you even here? I thought you had better places to be?" Damon said hatefully.

"Y'know, if you didn't eavesdrop you wouldn't hear stuff you shouldn't be hearing in the first place. I'm here because Stefan said I could stay. If you want me to leave I will, and believe me, I will never be back to this hellhole town."

"Stay! I don't care! You'll do whatever you want anyway since that's all you've done since you've been here," Damon said before heading upstairs.

"Did you know he was listening to our conversation?" I asked, sending a glare to Stefan. He gave me an apologetic smile as he shook his head no. I let out another sigh when I knew he was telling the truth.

"You never said how long you were staying," Elena brought up and I shrugged.

"Depends how well I like it here. A week, maybe two or three. Possibly a month. I doubt I'll stay here longer than that."

"You can stay here as long as you want, Camille. You'll always be welcomed here," Stefan smiled as he stood up.

"Not so sure about that," I muttered.

"We've got to go somewhere. I promise I will be back soon," Stefan said as he brought me into another hug.

"You're leaving me here with him?" I growled before he pulled away. Stefan smiled before leaving with Elena. Of course they would leave me here with Damon.

I decided on going to find something to do for the day while Stefan was gone. I sighed as I lazily got out of the chair and walked towards the door.

"I didn't hear everything you said, but I heard enough. I'm sorry for ruining your life, Camille. I know I keep apologizing, but I truly am. All I ask of you is to give me a chance to make it up to you, or at least hear what I have to say."

I slowly turned around to face him. "Damon, what could you possibly have to say other than you're sorry a hundred more times? I get it, you're sorry for fucking up my life. Apology accepted. Saying sorry isn't going to fix things and you can't just make it up to me."

"That's the problem, Camille. You won't hear me out for five minutes! I'm trying my best here! I know sorry isn't going to magically fix everything. I know how bad I messed up, but you won't even give me a chance."

"Do you even deserve a chance, Damon?" I asked as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Please, Camille. I'm your best friend!" Damon pleaded.

"Was my best friend. Best friends don't turn each other into monsters and leave them then never seek them out. I could be dead and you would have never known."

"That's the thing, Camille! I did try to find you a week later, but you were long gone. I didn't tell Stefan because he would have been pissed."

"You gave up that easily on me while I searched for years?!"

"I was told that you were dead, Camille. I guess that's what I get for asking a witch for help. I gave up looking because I thought you were dead this whole time."

"Damon, I can't deal with you right now. Just leave me alone." Tears filled my eyes as I opened the door and stepped out into the sunlight. I slammed the door shut before running off into the woods to be alone. The tears slid down my cheeks and everything began hitting me hard. All emotions I kept bottled up were bursting out of me. Coming to Mystic Falls was a bad idea. Staying in Mystic Falls was a bad idea. Turning my humanity on was a very bad idea.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a really long chapter, but I didn't want to stop writing. I could have kept writing but I didn't. Comments? Also, would you guys like me to include Enzo?