Living Dead Girl

9

I was sitting in a chair listening to Stefan tell them about our childhood together. I would relive the memories in my head as he said them out loud describing it just like I remembered. I missed those days where the three of us got along and didn't have a care in the world. Of course Damon had been bossy since he was older than Stefan and I both. He began talking about the times we played hide and seek with Annabelle and Matthew because Mother asked me to keep an eye on them. Out of all these years, not once did I ever think about my younger siblings. I also haven't thought about Mother or Father or what was even said about my disappearance.

"Whatever happened to my younger siblings?" I asked Stefan, hoping that he would know.

"I'm sorry, but I don't know," Stefan gave me an apologetic smile.

"What about my disappearance or even my parents?" Once again he didn't know. "Do I even have family still living here in Mystic Falls?"

"Not that I'm aware of. We can always look into it though."

"How about where John is buried? I know he wasn't from Mystic Falls, but by any chance would you know that?" I knew the answer before Stefan even spoke.

"Sorry, Camille. Why the sudden interest in your family?" Stefan asked. I smiled a little as he included John as family.

"Just curiosity. I was hoping that maybe I had family somewhere and pay my respects to wherever they may be buried," I sighed. "After all, I haven't been back to Mystic Falls in over a hundred years. It's not like I was keeping in touch with family or seeing how they were doing. I honestly never thought I would come back here. All it has is unwanted memories."

"We can find out tomorrow if you'd like?" Stefan offered.

I smiled. "Thanks, I'd like that."

"What are their names, if you don't mind me asking?" Bonnie gave me a polite smile.

"Thomas and Elizabeth Taylor were my parents. Matthew and Annabelle were my siblings. Annabelle might be a bit harder to find since she most likely got married. Then there is..."

"John Monroe, your fiance," Damon said as he casually joined the conversation as if nothing had happened earlier. I sent him a glare for rudely interrupting me. I wasn't in the mood to deal with his shit and would break his neck again without giving it a second thought.

"Nice of you to join us, Damon." I watched as he took the empty chair next to me. You could feel the tension in the air as the others sat around awkwardly, waiting for me to lose it again.

"John Monroe? Your Camille Monroe, the girl who went missing?" Elena asked, confusing me.

"I guess. I wasn't married yet, so my last name should have been Taylor still. Do you know something?"

"My dad's journals talked about a John Monroe who died from a vampire attack. His wife went missing and they assumed the vampires had something to do with it for revenge. The wife's family, whose names weren't mentioned, asked the founding members to search for her."

"When did this happen?" I asked carefully. I wasn't sure if I really wanted to find out or not.

"Let me guess, not long after many deaths happened that Camille knew nothing about?" Damon asked and Elena nodded.

"My turn to guess! They never found her because she was far from Mystic Falls and still alive today?"

"You would probably be correct since they never found a body," Elena confirmed.

"Anything else?"

"That's all it said."

"That's quite interesting. So if I was searching for my grave, it would be under the last name of Monroe?"

"Why exactly would you want to find your grave?" Damon asked and I frowned.

"Why are you in this conversation? Don't you have better things to do?"

"Because I live here and am free to do whatever I please. Who died and made you queen?" Damon raised a brow.

"Sure as hell wasn't you!" I assured as a smirk graced my lips.

"Guys, really?" Stefan sighed as they listened to our bickering.

"I'm assuming that my grave may be next to John's then. Guess if I find his I will pay respect to my old self while I'm at it. Or maybe just pay respect to myself." I returned back to the subject while ignoring Damon.

"You wouldn't find that weird at all seeing your own grave where you should be buried?" Jeremy asked.

I shrugged. "Wouldn't really bother me none. I've seen and done things you couldn't even imagine. Seeing my own grave would be a walk in the park compared to horrors I've lived through. I'm also still above ground which makes a big difference."

"Just don't try to get below the ground anytime soon. We've just got you back," Stefan smiled as he stood up.

"That might be hard to do, Stefan. I do have many enemies who may seek me out while I'm here. That's why I prefer big cities where I'm much harder to find." I sent him a smirk since I was half joking. I did have enemies, but most didn't care to seek me out because they knew I was ruthless and always won.

Everyone soon left except Elena, who was staying here with Stefan. Elena and Bonnie were planning on joining Stefan and I in the morning for our trip to find info on my family. I also had another source who might be able to dig up my family's history. I waited until I was in the room I would be staying in before sending a text to Elijah. I didn't have him saved in my contacts for multiple reasons, but could still remember his number off the top of my head. When he said he would look into it I thanked him before deleting the conversation all together. I frowned as I saw my phone's battery life almost dead. I didn't have the charger, or any clothes for that matter, since I hadn't planned on staying.

There was a knock at the door and I shoved my phone into my pocket before telling whoever to come in. I inwardly groaned when I realized it was once again the last person I wanted to talk to. "What Damon?" I sighed as I sat on the bed.

"I believe this is yours." He sent me a small smile before opening his hand to reveal the necklace that John gave me the first night we met. I carefully took it out of his hand and let it dangle from my fingers in front of my eyes.

"How did you get this?" I asked as I tried to stay calm and not accuse him of stealing it. I was happy to have it back since it meant so much to me.

"Never had I seen you so happy than that evening. You found out that you were getting married and would be starting a family soon, something which you always dreamed of. When he gave you that necklace I could tell how happy it made you. I also knew that I was losing you for good," Damon frowned as I glanced from the necklace to Damon. "Your Father hated me because I had asked him a few years before to take your hand in marriage. He made it very clear that it would never happen because you were to marry into a very rich family. Money meant more to your father than love did. I was told to stay away from you, but of course I didn't listen. I couldn't stay away from the love of my life as you waited to meet the man you were to marry."

"Why are you just now telling me this?" I asked after seeing the sadness in his eyes.

"I've been trying to tell you, Camille, but you haven't given me a chance to do so." I let out a sigh knowing that he was right.

"Continue," I murmured as I dropped my hand and held onto the necklace tightly in my fist. I was giving Damon the chance he has been wanting since I arrived.

"Time passed and you were always happily spending time with John. We began drifting apart and I saw less and less of you altogether. When I saw you outside walking around that evening my intentions were to say my final farewells and leave you to live your life. I was a vampire after all and the last thing I wanted to do was hurt you. Your happiness when seeing me made it so hard to do. Then you began talking about how you would be married soon and I got jealous. I only meant for you to live forever so maybe we would have a chance. After I gave you my blood and snapped your neck, I instantly regret it. I left since I knew how badly I fucked up. I didn't know that you would end up killing John. Believe me, that was the last thing I wanted to happen." Damon came over and sat down on the bed next to me. "I didn't lie to you when I said I searched for you a week later. I had ran into your sister while doing so. I was invited in to your family home and Annabelle allowed me into your room. She was upset over the fact that you were missing and John was dead. I recognized the necklace and took it before compelling Annabelle to believe that I was never there and that you would return home soon so she had some hope. I soon found a witch who would do a locator spell, but she said you were dead. I've kept the necklace all these years because it reminded me of you and how happy you once were. It also reminds me that I was the one who ruined your happiness and I have lived with that regret all these years."

I stayed quiet as I took in everything he just told me. I didn't really know what to do or say. A part of me hated him while another part of me loved him. I knew I should give him the chance to make it up to me, but would it be worth it? He shouldn't deserve a chance after ruining my entire life.

"Camille, please say something," he whispered as he pushed some of my hair out of my eyes.

"What exactly do you want me to say, Damon? That I forgive you for all the things you've done? That I'll give you a chance to make it right? It's not as easy as it sounds. You've really messed up."

"I'm so-"

"Yes, I know that you're sorry," I said as I cut him off. "I've heard you say it over and over again. I'm pretty sure I forgave you, but that doesn't mean everything is back to how it was. It'll never be back to how it was."

"At least let me try and make it up to you, Camille. That's all I ask."

"Fine, Damon. You have all the time in the world to now make it up to me. You can start by leaving me alone and letting me have space." He gave me a smile before standing up. He hovered in place as if he was contemplating on doing something or not. He finally gave me one last smile before leaving me alone in the room. At least I wouldn't have to deal with him much now.

I let out a sigh before looking at the necklace that was still in my hand. A part of me felt like Damon was leaving something out that I should know, but didn't want me to know. I placed the necklace on the nightstand before getting up and turning the light off so I could sleep. Whatever Damon was hiding I would find out soon enough.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second update. I might not update again for a few days.