Kerosene

2 O O

The rain created an unyielding hum, I laid there in my bed staring up at the ceiling; I thought that maybe if I ignored the urge to drag myself to go to the club that it would go away on its own, but it only made me want to go out more.

I got up after waiting a few more moments, I was craving to be concomitant; I wanted to cause damage to my lungs and poison my veins. I put on my shoes and coat and walked out of my apartment; as soon as I was greeted by the crisp winds and blistering cold rain droplets, I lit my cigarette. The rain nor the harsh wintry mooded weather bothered me, I actually welcomed it. Heat was never my forte.

I walked for maybe forty-five minutes before arriving to the back entrance of Cosmo's;. The club was owned by a relatively close friend of mine who, the name is printed on the building, I had known for most of my life, I never had to pay fees to enter or even come through the front; being popular had its perks.

Cosmo was in his "office" playing with thiz. He looked up at me with that metal straw still placed in his nose and he smiled. It was one of those smiles that meant no harm, that was dripping with naive sincerity, I couldn't help but return the expression.

"Do my eyes deceive me or is Bee actually standing in front of me?" He put his customized metal straw down on the glass table and came to me with open arms. I hugged him reluctantly and followed him to the couch.

"How have you been?" He was curious, not concerned.

"I've been fine, what about you? How is being an entrepreneur?"

Cosmo laughed. "Entrepreneur? Hardly! It's been treating me well, I've just been dealing with the usual: underage entrances, drug busts, ya know?"

"Yeah I know." This was usually how our small talk went; we'd greet one another, ask the formalities, talk about what underage children snuck passed the bouncers and what drugs made it in without the consent of Cosmo. It was all pretty basic. The only time I ever paid attention was when he had something to offer, if that made me a shitty friend then so be it.

"Anyway enough of the boring shit, I got a new shipment in and I have a surprise for you." Cosmo got up quickly and wandered over to a safe near his "office" desk. Shipment was code for telling me that he was restocked on my favorite thing, ecstasy. My eyes widened and I could feel my mouth beginning to water.

"I got Blue Coins, Golden Eagles, White Dominoes, and Green Monsters. Take your pick." He held out his hand to reveal what beautiful quad stacks he possessed.

I smiled devilishly, "I want all of them."
♠ ♠ ♠