The Dark Wolf and the Dark Fox

You Forgot To Lock The Door.

In the vet where Dr Deaton worked, he finished testing Scott, his expression wasn't good.

"So?" Derek prodded the former Druid.

Deaton ignored him, he asked Scott who was lying down on his examination table "So you say this all started after you defeated Peter?"

"Yes" Scott said, trying not to sound to scared.

Deaton looked grim as he said, putting down a piece of equipment he was checking Scotts eyes with "I think I might know whats wrong with you"

Scott propped himself up on the table with his elbows, sitting up slightly "You do?"

"Maybe, let me do one more test, brace your self"

Scott blinked, confused "What-"

Derek turned round sharply, before the two werewolves could react he shoved a piece of sharp metal into Scotts chest.

He reacted instinctively, deep angry growl vibrated from his throat, Scotts eyes burned red. His teeth lengthened and in seconds he had Deaton by the throat, against the wall.

"Scott!" Derek yelled in shock.

Deaton rasped, not even trying to pry Scotts claw like hands from him "S-Scott, control your self, deep breathes, kill me if you w-want but then I-I won't be able to help you"

Scott quickly came back to reality, listening to Deatons voice. He let Deaton go, stepping backwards quickly, what the hell was he doing?

Breathing fast, trying to keep the boiling rage under wraps but failing, Scott gripped the piece of metal, pulling it out of his chest with ease then throwing it to the ground with force. Derek jumped slightly at the noise.

He cluched his hair, his teeth going back to normal but his eyes still a bloody red colour.

Scott turned on Deaton.

"What the hell was that?" He more than snarled.

Deaton held up his hands in a sign of submission, approaching Scott like he was approaching a wild animal that could snap any moment.

Deaton said calmly but also a bit wary "Me proving my point. Get a grip, control, remember? Come on Scott, calm down, have control"

The young werewolf took deep breaths, closing his eyes, his muscles tensing and relaxing, pushing the urge to rip Deatons head of deep inside him.

Finally Scott opened his eyes, they were back to their normal brown colour.

Derek and Deaton both relaxed.

Scott looked horrified at what he had almost done "Deaton I-"

"Its fine, really. My fault, should have known you'd react that violently if my assumption was correct" Deaton stated.

"What assumption?" Derek demanded.

Dr Deaton said, avoiding the werewolves eyes, looking out towards the window "You know, there was a legend about werewolves. It said that their actual soul and spirit was a wolf, when they got angry or felt heavy stress they could feel their own spirit inside them, it would feel like a wolf. The myth goes that the host, who ever housed the wolf spirit would instinctively trap the wolf in a cage inside them, only letting it out fully in extreme situations, life and death"

He looked at Scott, like he was an interesting animal ready to dissect.

Scott squirmed under his intense gaze.

Deaton carried on "What you faced with Peter was a life and death situation. You unlocked your wolf from its cage and you forgot to lock the door on it afterwards."

Derek said slowly "Like when Stiles, Allison and Scott opened a door in their minds accidentally."

Scott said uncomfortably "But I didn't feel like I was under anyones control when I took out Peter-"

"Didn't you?" Deaton murmured, raising his eyebrows at Scott, who suddenly looked extremely uneasy.

Deaton moved closer to Scott, speaking softly "The wolf is part of you, of course you'd still felt like your self. So your telling me you didn't feel the need to tear Peter to bits when he hurt Liam? You didn't feel free, invincible, powerful, like some sort of wall had been lifted and you felt like you could do anything in the world? mm? Little wolf?"

Scotts eyes for a second flashed red, for a moment Derek and Deaton could feel it snarling under Scotts skin, wanting to feed and to kill.

Then it was gone as quickly as it came.

Scott said, unaware what had just happened seconds before hand "I-I don't-"

"You can't feel it now? If that cage was still locked you shouldn't be able to, unless you're threatened. But you can feel it even now can't you? A part of you aching to sink your teeth into my neck, aching to watch the life die in my eyes"

"Deaton!" Derek warned, not liking the dark look in Scotts eyes. Scotts chest going up and down in panting breaths.

Deaton turned away from Scott, his voice once again calm, like they were talking about the weather "The wolf inside you Scott, isn't just any wolf. Its an Alpha, a true Alpha. You need to lock it up again before-"

"Let me guess, before the wolf kills someone?" Scott said a little bitterly.

Deaton said, looking at Scott straight in the eyes "No, before YOU kill someone"
♠ ♠ ♠
I've finally been getting a few comments! Thank you so much! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. And please let me know what you think? :D I love to hear other peoples opinions :)

Ps I'm dyslexic so my spelling and grammar isn't that great so I'll be going over them after I finished this story. :)