Status: In Progress

These Eyes Are Blind

Everything I Do, I Do It For You

Gerard gets out of his car and fluffs his hair a bit.

Seriously?’ he thinks to himself? Gerard has never been the type. It’s not like Frank can see his hair anyway, sure he can see the color, but not much of the style. Frank does touch his hair, though, and Gerard is kind of hoping Frank will again.

"What the hell are you even doing Gerard?" Mikey asks in an amused voice.

"Being gay for Frank," Brendon intercepts the question.

"Fuck off the both of you. This is why I would let you two freeze on the walk home before I let you anywhere near my car," Gerard spits.

"I guess it's a good thing I own a car now isn't it?" Brendon asks.

"Count your fucking lucky stars."

"Oh lay off it. You love us," Mikey says with a cheeky smile.

"I love you because I have to, but let's face reality... if you weren't my brother I'd break you in half so I could pick my fucking teeth with you," Gerard snarls and pulls out his chap stick to apply some to his lips.

"And here I thought Mikey was the sadistic one."

"He learned from the best, Brendon. Sleep with both eyes open in the Way household," Gerard smirks and starts dragging the chap stick across his lips.

"Come on you fucking diva. Why does that even matter? He's not going to fucking kiss you," Mikey says while rolling his eyes so hard he is sure they'll screw out of their sockets and land on the ground.

"He appreciates my cherry chap stick, nimrod," Gerard says with a snarl.

"How does he even know you use cherry chap stick?" Brendon intervenes.

"Because he has a good sense of smell, you imbecile," Gerard snaps.

“Is it just me or is it really hard to hear the term ‘cherry chap stick’ and not think of kissing girls and liking it?”

“Shut up,” Gerard says.

"You sure are nice to people you wanted to help you out," Brendon replies quietly.

"I asked for my brother's help, you just happened to have a car that would get him here to help me."

"Wait a minute," Mikey says holding up his hand to silence the boys. "He smelled your chap stick from how far away?"

"He wasn't, uh, very far," Gerard clears his throat and tries to get away from a smirking Brendon and questioning Mikey.

Mikey grabs Gerard's arm to stop him. Gerard yanks his arm away, but stays put. After Mikey keeps prodding with his eyes Gerard finally throws his hands in the air with a huff, "He touched my lips while he was trying to get a feel of what I look like. He smelled his fingers I guess, because he felt the chap stick."

The boys giggle like school girls and rush away to avoid Gerard hitting them. They are legit giggling up a massive storm. The boys try to contain their laughter as they knock on the door. Frank hears the knock but his mother is in the shower, so he takes it upon himself to answer the door. He walks with his cane and Daredevil comic in his hand.

Frank yanks open the door in only his pajamas and a t-shirt, causing him to cross his arms across his body. It takes a while for the blobs at the door to focus as much as possible with Frank being blind and all.

"Are you Jehovah’s witnesses, because if so I think it'd be wise to just leave? Trust me, my mother isn't the type of person you want to talk with about this kind of stuff. She'll make you rethink everything," The boys stay quiet and Frank furrows his brows. They are only here to be Gerard's support with Frank's mother. "Um, I'm sorry, but usually people who want to beat me up have something to say first."

"Oh Frankie, we wouldn't do that," Gerard says standing up from tying his shoes behind the boys.

Frank thinks he might fall flat on his face at the sound of Gerard's voice. He notices he’s holding the Daredevil comic and throws it behind his back with a nervous chuckle.

"So you three think it's cool to just show up on someone's doorstep unannounced after only a few meetings?" Frank's eyes finally focus in on Gerard's hair a little better, but the brightness of the morning light blurs even him a bit.

"We're only here for moral support. Gerard has yet to meet your mother."

"Oh God no! No!" Frank starts to panic. His mother already had enough to say about Gerard. Frank tries to close the door, but Gerard pushes between the boys and puts his foot in the door. Frank slams it pretty hard and Gerard groans.

"So much for me thinking you wanted me to keep my toes."

"Shit, no, I'm sorry. You have to go, dude," Frank tries to push Gerard's foot out of the door and fails miserably. "You cannot meet my mother."

"Why not?" the boys all ask in unison.

"Because... no. Okay? No!"

Frank's mother calls out and his eyebrows disappear into his hair, "Frank, is everything okay baby?"

"Oh God no," he whispers quietly and Gerard just chuckles. That seems to be the only thing Frank can say right now.

Frank's mother comes to the door and opens the door fully, completely abolishing Frank’s efforts to close it, "Brendon, Mikey, good morning."

"Good morning Ms. Iero."

"Oh please. You must be Gerard? Nice to meet you face to face."

"It's nice to meet you too," Gerard takes Frank's mothers hand in his and kisses it. Frank just catches the act and hears Gerard's lips damn near moistening his mother's skin with his cherry chap stick.

"Oh please, Gerard. Don't be a fucking suck up," Frank says with a slightly mortified look on his face.

"Frank!" Frank's mother says.

"What's the matter, Frankie? Are you feeling left out?" Gerard takes Frank's hand in his, but before he can even get Frank's hand to his lips Frank is whacking him repeatedly in his leg. "Ow! I did not come here to get beat on."

"Well I guess it doesn't matter why you came here when you show up unannounced," Frank snarls.

"You opened this door without my knowledge Frank, you weren't supposed to do that," Frank's mother reprimands him.

"Well it wasn't going to answer itself."

"You still should've told me you were answering it."

"You were in the shower, excuse me, but I don't want to see you naked mother," Frank says, completely skipping over the part where he wouldn’t see anything, because he’s, like, blind.

The boys suppress their laughter and Frank's mother places her hands on her hips, "Come inside boys. We're not finished, Frank."

"Shouldn't I have a say in this?" Frank asks in annoyance.

"No, this is my house, and I let who I want inside of it. Understand?"

"I don't want them here."

"That is quite rude Frank, and I did not raise you that way. Now cut it out, do you understand?"

"Fuck, yes mom," Frank folds his arms angrily.

Truthfully he does want to be with Gerard again, but on his terms. Who does this guy think he is? He can't just show up when he wants without an invitation of some sort. It annoys Frank that deep down inside, it makes him giddy that Gerard took the risk and came anyway. He's happy that he's here, but he is going to make Gerard sweat for a bit, no matter what his mother says.

Gerard smiles at the adorableness that is Frank. He could just scoop him up and shower him with kisses. He's a cynical ass, sure, but he can make Gerard forget all about it. It's things like the narrow cuteness of Frank's lips, or the perfect arch of his eyebrows, or the way he tries to hide his beautiful smiles, or the way he laughs whenever Gerard manages to pull it out of him. The way his hair falls perfectly, the perfect sharpness of Frank's jawline that Gerard wouldn't mind kissing too, just everything about him.

"Now, you inform me the next time someone is at that door, okay?" Frank's mother rolls her eyes when Frank only nods and sighs. "Someone bad could've been on the other end of that door Frank, they could've hurt you."

"Seriously, if they know you, they wouldn't chance it," Frank replies.

"You and that mouth of yours. Either way I'm not risking it, so you tell me when someone is at the door before answering."

"Yes mother," Frank answers sarcastically.

"You really shouldn't speak to your mother like that, Frankie," Gerard steps in.

"You really shouldn't mind business that isn't yours," Frank scowls.

"He's right you know."

"He's met my mother now, you two can leave," Frank spits at Mikey. Gerard smiles and the boys giggle knowingly while Frank's mother just smirks. "What?"

"Oh nothing," Mikey says in a singsong way.

"What!" Frank says looking around at everyone. "Mom?"

"I'd like to help you son, but you never seem to want my help."

Frank groans and pushes his hand through his hair. Gerard is more than intrigued by the movement, but those kind of thoughts are just off limits with Frank's mother right there.

"Hey, you!" Frank shouts

"Who?" Gerard asks, because Frank didn’t specify who it was he wanted to chew out.

"You! What's the joke? I’m lost."

"Oh now you want me-"

"Shut up and just answer me."

"I can't very well answer you when you tell me to shut up. Make up your mind Frank," Whether Frank caught the double innuendo there is unknown to Gerard, but he is definitely referring to where he stands with Frank.

"Just answer," Frank whines and suddenly he just wants to be back in his bed.

"You just invited me to stay over."

"What? No I didn't.”

“You did," Brendon says.

“I didn’t mean to,” Frank says.

“Frank, let the boy in,” His mother says.

“But I don’t want him to come in,” Frank complains.

“Are you sure?” Gerard asks.

“Mikey and I are going to leave,” Brendon says, and then Frank is aware of the two of them rushing away quickly. He can even hear the two shouting at each other to hurry up, followed by the revving of an engine.

“Guess I’m stuck here,” Gerard says, and Frank can tell he’s smiling.

“Manners, Frank,” his mother says.

“Fucking hell,” Frank says, and then stands back, “please, Gerard it would make me ever so happy for you to enter my home.”

“Alright sure, but I don’t appreciate the sarcasm,” Gerard says and Frank can feel him walking by.

His mom starts, “So-”

“Nope, if Gerard is going to invade my life without asking first, he’s not going to converse with my mother,” Frank says, and starts walking through the living room, hoping Gerard takes the initiative and follows.

“Uh, Frank?” Gerard asks.

“What?” Frank huffs.

“Why is your copy of Daredevil hanging on top of a lamp?”

“Uh,” Frank starts, “I don’t know, I’m blind. How am I supposed to know what hangs off of what?”

Gerard smirks, and walks past Frank’s mom, who looks at him like she’s sorry for the handful also known as ‘Frank.’ Gerard grabs the comic from the lamp, and he knows it hasn’t been there long because it probably would’ve caught fire if it had, and it’s not warm either.

“Where are you taking me, Frankie?” Gerard calls behind Frank.

“Well unfortunately there is no entrance to hell anywhere in this house, but you are clingy as fuck so I know you’re not going to leave that easily,” Frank says, walking along until he’s standing in front of the door to his room.

“Are you trying to tell me that you’d throw me into a pit of hell if you had the chance?” Gerard asks.

“Yes.”

“Frank!” His mother shouts at him, so he’s probably being too rude. What he wouldn’t give to just buy that woman some headphones sometimes. She’d just get even more critical of him though.

“I’m not apologizing,” Frank says.

“I wouldn’t want you to.”

Frank enters his room, and hopes that maybe Gerard will disappear into thin air, because that would make this all so much easier. He wouldn’t have to deal with the fact that he’s totally effected by this man. He wishes he wasn’t, but he is.

“So this is your room,” Gerard says, standing in the doorway.

“No,” Frank says, “I just led you into someone else’s bedroom. In this two bedroom house. This is just a random bedroom. Of two rooms.”

“You’re sarcasm gives me life,” Gerard laughs.

“Yeah, close the door or she’ll eavesdrop on every word you say,” Frank says, sitting down on his bed, and trying to ignore Gerard.

Gerard just snickers at Frank, and Frank hears him walk further into the room. There’s a soft sound of the door closing, and then Frank gets a sudden leaden feeling in his stomach. All of a sudden he’s more alone with Gerard than he’s ever been. He’s in his room, nowhere near where other people can look in on them.

“Frankie,” Gerard says.

“What do you want?”

“I just wanna talk with you, Frank,” Gerard says, “and also you made me a promise that you’d let me read you Daredevil, seeing as you can’t do it yourself.”

“I’m not going to appreciate it,” Frank says. He feels his bed move as Gerard sits down beside him. He fidgets uncomfortably, trying to figure out where Gerard is so that he doesn’t touch him or have to be anywhere near him. He doesn’t trust himself being near to Gerard.

“I’ll describe it to you,” Gerard says.

“Alright comic boy,” Frank says, “explain away.”

“Well I told you what Daredevil looks like. He’s got these little devil horns on his cowl,” Gerard says.

“Oh man, that’s intimidating,” Frank snorts, “A guy wearing red tights with devil horns. Fucking hell someone call the janitor, because I’m gonna piss myself.”

Gerard rolls his eyes, “he looks kind of intimidating, I guess. He kind of looks like Batman except red.”

“I remember what Batman looks like!”

“Really?”

“Well, a little,” Frank says, “not that much, but I kind of remember.”

“Did you want to be Batman when you grew up?” Gerard giggles.

“Me? No. I wanted to be in a band.”

“Me too. Well, technically I wanted to be Morrissey.”

“You’re a dork,” Frank laughs. “Keep going, tell me more about this Daredevil guy.”

“Uh, his name is Matt Murdock-”

“What a dumb name. I can see why he goes by Daredevil.”

“We’re never going to get anywhere if you keep interrupting,” Gerard says, “Alright, so Matt Murdock. He had an accident as a kid with radioactive material-”

“Why is it always radioactive material? One of these days I want a superhero to get superpowers after falling into a vat of mustard.”

“What did I say about interrupting?” Gerard asks, and Frank rushes an apology.

About thirty minutes later, Frank still has not successfully let Gerard get through more than a few sentences without interrupting. Gerard starts to like it though. Likes the way that Frank keeps laughing and smiling all through the comic. Gerard almost doesn’t want to read the comic anymore, he’d rather just watch Frank’s reactions to it.

Of course he knows he has to read the pages in order to see Frank’s reactions though. He decides to get a feel of what Frank remembers of Batman instead. Frank remembers quite a bit about him and it thoroughly impresses Gerard.

"Wow, I'm impressed. People who watch Batman with me can't even tell me that much about him."

"What can I say? I really loved Batman," Frank sighs with a shrug, "I guess I still do actually."

Frank smiles as he remembers a fond memory of when he turned fifteen years old, "There was this one birthday I had where I was Batman, I turned fifteen. Anyway, my mother got the materials for it, and stayed up for two days straight tending to me, and making the costume. She spent so much time on it and I told her it didn't have to be perfect, because I wouldn't see it, and neither would anyone else." Frank chuckles softly as he continues, "She told me that on the chance that I may see again she didn't want me to be upset with her when I saw the pictures."

Frank sighs softly, "I still haven't been able to see it, obviously. It felt like it was an amazing costume though."

"So your birthday is Halloween?"

"Yes, it is."

Gerard smiles, "You have the best birthday ever."

"It's not really the best when I can't celebrate it to the best of my ability," Frank shrugs sadly.

"If you let me stay in your life I'll make sure to make it the best for you."

Frank lets out a breathy laugh and smiles brightly, "I hate to admit this, but I do want you to keep your toes. Although I tried to take them off earlier with the door and my cane."

"Hey, no worries," Gerard shakes his head at Frank. Gerard returns the smile Frank is giving him.

Frank puts his head down in an attempt to hide the soft bite he applies to his lip. Gerard catches him anyway, but says nothing, like always. He just sits there and enjoys the view.

"So what did you do that night?" Gerard asks, genuinely interested.

"I listened to movies with my mom. She turned the television away from herself so that she couldn't see the screen. She had blind folded herself for that too. It was the sweetest thing, at that time, that she had ever done for me," Frank gnaws on his lip.

"She really loves you."

"I know she does. She's been everything for me, and even though I give her a hard time, I'm very thankful for her," Frank smiles and shakes his head. "Anyway, mom made popcorn for us, and we threw it at each other, trying to make it into each other's mouths, and missed miserably, because neither of us could see. We didn't answer the door for any trick or treaters. It was my night only and all the candies belonged to me." Frank imitates a haunted laugh causing Gerard to laugh loudly with him.

Gerard can't fully believe this is the same Frank in front of him. Frank is so calm and just talking so freely with him. Gerard has never seen him this calm, not even the first and second time they saw each other. Gerard is feeling proud of himself for making the boy loose and free. It means a lot to him.

"Later on she let me help her vacuum, because I felt so bad letting her clean alone. There was popcorn everywhere! Every step there was a crunch. It was really hilarious. Before we cleaned up all the popcorn she took two pictures, one of just me surrounded by the popcorn, and one with both of us on the floor in the popcorn. It was so silly, but it is the best birthday I have ever had," Frank finishes quietly.

"You're eighteen now."

"Mother's been working more these past birthdays. My fifteenth one was the last one she had off the whole day. She gets home in time to watch one movie with me and eat some candy, but nothing like that day. I appreciate it all, nonetheless. They're all special, as long as I'm not alone. That would suck a lot," Frank shifts on his bed and leans against his headboard.

"Do you still have those pictures?" Gerard asks hopefully.

"I do."

"Would you mind showing them to me? You can say no if you want."

"I am fully aware of that, Gerard. However, for once, I won’t be an ass."

Frank slides off his bed and walks to his dresser without the help of his cane. He keeps his room very clean and he knows it pretty well already. Frank gets on his knees and pulls his last drawer open. He shifts through his pajamas until he feels the two frames that his mother put the pictures in. He used to keep them up at his old house, but he can't see them, and he realized wishful hoping of one day waking up, and being able to see was idiotic. So he stores them away in the bottom of his drawer.

Frank takes them out and closes the drawer. He walks over to his bed and holds them out for Gerard. Gerard takes them and instantly smiles, a smile so huge he was never aware that he was capable of it. If this is what fun looks like with Frank around, Gerard has never been more certain of anything in his life. Frank would be the one no matter how long Gerard has to work for it.

Frank's smiling so sweetly in the picture and holding his bucket with candy filled to the brim. True to his word, there is tons of popcorn everywhere. In the other picture he has his head resting on his mother's shoulder, and they're both smiling like it’s the last smile they'll ever have. Gerard thinks it's the sweetest thing in the world.

"You're quiet. Is it that bad?"

"It's amazing, Frankie," Gerard says in awe.

There's something more beautiful about it than if this was a normal family. A mother and her son on his birthday. She even still has the blindfold on in the photo.

"Really? Could you tell me what you see?" Frank asks, bouncing lightly in front of Gerard, and wringing his hands.

"Love," Gerard answers simply and Frank smiles.

Frank reaches for the photos, but Gerard stands up and brushes past him, almost causing him to lose his breathing ability like in Gerard's car. Gerard’s got to stop that or Frank’s going to get asthma.

"Where are you going?" Frank asks as he watches Gerard's red hair float around.

"I'm putting your photos on your nightstand."

"I can't see them."

"But I can, and if you ever grant me access in here again, I want to always see those photos. Got it?"

Frank grins and nods, shocking the hell out of himself, "Got it."

Gerard walks back over to his place on the bed and Frank follows him. Frank sits in front of him, purposefully, and smiles.

"Your hair looks bigger today."

"Wait, really?" Gerard asks happily.

"Yeah. I can see it better in this lighting, whereas it was too bright outside. If I was to go back where I was sitting originally, the light from my window would ruin it again," Frank explains.

"Well I'm glad you're sitting right there," Gerard says with a smile. Frank reaches out and Gerard is shouting to the heavens above internally right now.

Frank's fingers disappear within Gerard's tresses, "It's way softer than yesterday. I take it you got that shampoo you told me about."

"I did. I went this morning and took care of it," Gerard says quietly. Frank's fingers are still working through his hair and he's finding it hard to keep his eyes open.

"Did you do that for me too?" Frank asks with a raised brow and a grin.

"Lately, it seems everything I do, I do it for you," Gerard says and stops Frank's hand that's moving gently across his scalp. He keeps his hand on top of Frank’s, still matted into his hair.

"It hasn't even been that long," Frank says, not pulling away, completely stumping them both.

Frank is letting his guard down, and he isn't sure how he feels anymore. One part of him doesn't care. That part wants to let whatever happens run its course. The other part of him though, screams for Frank to pull away from Gerard. Back away and never get that close again.

Gerard is still holding Frank's hand and he's aware that Frank's allowing it. What he isn't aware of is why. What could have changed within an hour and a half? It could just be the fact that they're alone in Frank's bedroom. Gerard knows that's part of it.

Gerard hates himself for thinking it, but he wants to kiss Frank so badly. He knows that'd be pushing it though. He should be grateful for just being able to touch Frank more than just on the small of his back. He removes Frank's hand from his hair and holds it delicately in his own.

"From the first time I saw you I thought 'he's beautiful'. I know you don't want anything more with me right now, and I'd be lying if I said that doesn’t bum me out, but I'm willing to be whatever you want me to be."

"If I ever decide I want friends you'll be the first one on my list."

"Whoa!" Gerard's slightly shocked. “Even before Patrick?”

"I met you first, and you were the first person to lead me around in this town. You'll be first. If I decide I want friends," Frank says with a smirk.

Gerard hopes he could be first at so many things with Frank. So many questions roam through his mind that he'll ask Frank at another time. Like if he's ever been kissed, or been on a date? Sadly, he thinks he already knows the answers to those questions. Not entirely sadly, though, cause Gerard could be the first.

"I'd love to be your first."

Frank's breathing isn't cooperating with him right now. There is no discreetness in that statement. Gerard isn't just talking about one thing and Frank knows it. Instead of calling Gerard out on it he just takes his hand away from him and slides back on his bed.

"You're welcome to join me. Just not too close, and take off your shoes," Frank says.

"What if I have stinky socks?"

"We all have our days. Well, not me because my mom won't allow that, but if it was up to me I'm sure something would stink in here."

"I was kidding you know?"

"I don't care either way. Are you going to join me? You can finish telling me about Daredevil. I'll keep my lips sealed," Frank zips his lips and holds out the invisible key to Gerard.

Gerard takes the hint and shifts to take the key from Frank's hand. He makes sure he touches him so that Frank knows he took it, but he knows Frank knows that without being touched. He's really great with his senses like that.

"Awe, the key to your heart," Gerard sighs dreamily and laughs.

Frank just smirks at him and recites Gerard's line at him, "Give it time, Gee."

Gerard is fully aware that Frank just gave him a nickname and Frank smiles knowingly back at him. Gerard's heart picks up and he's sure he's about to burst of happiness. He moves closer to Frank on the bed and starts reading him more about Daredevil.

“He’s a lawyer. I told you that already.”

“Why is it that all superheroes have really mundane second lives?” Frank asks, “Like, if I were a superhero, I wouldn’t be some lawyer guy, I’d be a celebrity or something. I’d be like Hannah Montana. Musician by day, superhero by night. Talk about the best of both worlds.”

“Don’t you think people would catch on to that charade?” Gerard asks, laughing.

“Well you don’t expect a blind guy to be either of those things so I’d say probably not.”

“You would never get to sleep,” Gerard shakes his head.

“Sleep is unimportant when I’ve got people to save.”

“What would your superhero name be?”

Frank thinks for a moment, “I don’t know. You’ve only given me a second to think. It’d be something cool though.”

“I’m sure.”

“Well how about you? You can see, you’ve got more options. Who would you be?”

“What? I don’t know!” Gerard says, “I’m clumsy and I don’t know how to fight. I’d be, like, the butler. I’m Alfred.”

“You’re not cool enough to be Alfred.”

Gerard opens his mouth to defend himself but then realizes that Frank is probably right, “oh god, I’m the guy who gets kidnapped every week aren’t I? I’m the damsel in distress!”

Frank chuckles, “Don’t worry, if I’m a superhero, I’ll rescue you.”

“Really?” Gerard asks, “you’d come rescue me? The dumbass redhead who got himself kidnapped in the first place?”

“Well yeah, sure, but only because it would make me look all badass and humble,” Frank grins.

“I’d be lucky to have you rescue me.”

Frank blushes, and he really wishes Gerard were the blind one because of how much he does that. It’s getting ridiculous. He’s going to turn into the Kool-Aid guy if he keeps this up.

“Keep going,” Frank says, “or we’re never going to make it through the comic, and it’s only the first one.”

“Are you inviting me to read the rest of them to you?” Gerard asks.

“I didn’t say that.”

“Well would you want me to?”

Frank sighs, “Time will tell.”

“That's not a no, I’ll take it.”

After what seems like forever, but it's really only another thirty minutes, Gerard finishes up the last page of Daredevil. Gerard is aware that Frank has moved a little closer after he used the bathroom. Gerard doesn't say anything, he just sits there and takes in Frank's scent. He smells like clean clothes on a summer's day, which is funny because it's winter.

Gerard checks the time and it's only going on one in the afternoon. Gerard’s feeling a little tired, but he doesn't want to be rude by falling asleep in Frank's bed without permission. As if on cue Frank yawns, and Gerard smiles at the boy.

"Tired?" Gerard asks.

"I could use a nap. How ‘bout you?" Frank says hoping Gerard would say the same.

"I could too. Maybe I should go and let you get some rest."

"No!" Frank answers too quickly and loud. "I-I-I mean... you could just nap here if you'd like. I don't mind."

Gerard is astonished to say the least, but there's no way he'd say no to sleeping in the same bed as Frank. That’s the last thing he’d ever do.

"That'd be cool."

Frank nods and shifts a little. Gerard lays down comfortably and Frank soon follows. Frank pulls his duvet over himself and gives Gerard the option of climbing under too. Gerard knows he'll get hot, but he can always just remove it when that happens.

Frank's head is touching Gerard's shoulder lightly and neither of the boys say anything about it. Frank inhales deeply and exhales slowly. Gerard reaches for Frank's glasses and he flinches, but only because he wasn't expecting it. Frank nods letting Gerard know it's okay to continue. Gerard takes off the shades and reaches over to place them on his night stand.

Gerard turns back to Frank, but Frank has his eyes closed. Gerard lifts Frank's chin and he opens his eyes to look at Gerard. In this moment Frank wishes he could see him so badly. Frank's eyes are clouded and sadly they take on the look of a dead person's eyes. Gerard knows they're anything but dead though.

"What color were your eyes?" Gerard asks.

"Green, but they kind of changed to hazel in the right lighting. I will always remember that," Frank says in a hushed tone so that Gerard can't hear the sadness in his voice. "I know they're scary now. I don't take off my glasses much in public. It scares people."

"They're idiots."

"Not everyone can be idiots, Gee."

"You're right, but that doesn't change my statement."

"So my eyes don't scare you?"

"No. They're just another part of you that I like a lot. You have zombie eyes, and zombies are pretty fucking cool in my book," Gerard chuckles softly and Frank smiles, equally as softly. "Besides, your eyes tell a story."

Frank moves his head onto Gerard's shoulder and Gerard holds back a gasp. He lets the boy stay there and closes his eyes. He listens to Frank's breathing and hears it slow to a rhythmic beat. Gerard falls asleep soon after Frank does.

Frank's mother pokes her head into the room and smiles kindly. She's shocked at what she's seeing, because she knows Frank would never get that close to anyone. Gerard must be pretty special, she thinks. She leaves the room for a brief second and rummages through a few boxes until she finds what she's looking for. She walks back to Frank's room and takes a picture of the boys sleeping. She sighs and closes the door softly behind her as she exits the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?