Everybody Wants to Rule the World

Times are Changing

Everybody Wants to Rule the World

Chapter 11 - Times Are Changing

Lady Catelyn called Theon, Robb, Maester Luwin, Rodrick Cassel, and I together for a quick meeting. “What I am about to tell you must remain between us. I don’t think Bran fell from that tower. I think he was thrown, also Morgana’s miscarriage was not from natural causes,” Lady Catelyn admitted staring between us.

“The boy was always sure-footed before and the baby was healthy until then,” Maester Luwin added his voice filling the silence.

“Someone tried to kill Bran twice and murdered an unborn child. Why? Why murder an innocent children? Unless Bran saw something he wasn’t meant to see and there were things to fear from your unborn,” Lady Catelyn explained her theory touching my arm softly..

“Saw what, my lady?” Theon asked listening closely.

“I don’t know. But I would stake my life the Lannisters are involved. We already have reason to suspect their loyalty to the crown and to us,” Lady Catelyn sighed.

“Did you notice the dagger the killer used? It’s too fine a weapon for such a man. The blade is valerian steel, the handle dragon bone. Someone gave it to him,” Rodrick spoke adding evidence to the theory.

“They come into our home, killing my unborn child and trying to murder my brother? If it’s war they want. . .” Robb spoke anger filling his voice.

“If it comes to that, you know I’ll stand behind you,” Theon stood tall looking at Robb.

“War is never the answer to something like this. We can’t go off killing me without hard proof,” words of wisdom flew from my mouth as my eyes flared up at their foolish thoughts.

“Too easily words of war become acts of war. We don’t know the truth yet. Lord Stark must be told of this,” Rodrick added as Catelyn nodded.

“I don’t trust a raven to carry these words,” Catelyn admitted we all silently agreed with her. We couldn’t trust this information to fall into the wrong hands.

“I’ll ride to King’s Landing,” Robb volunteered. I shook my head about to speak up but Lady Catelyn spoke first.

“No. There must always be a Stark in Winterfell. I will go myself,” Lady Catelyn explained touching Robb gently.

“Mother, you can’t,” Robb pleaded.

“She must Robb, it is the best possible choice, she can hide easily in King’s Landing and she will know her way better than you would,” I explained defending Lady Catelyn’s choice.

“I’ll send Hal with a squad of guardsmen to escort you,” Rodrick added to make Robb feel better.

“Too large a party attracts unwanted attention. I don’t want the Lannisters to know I’m coming.”

“Let me accompany you at least. The Kingsroad can be a dangerous place for a woman alone,” Rodrick pleaded.

“What about Bran?” Robb asked his anger still coursing through him.

“I have prayed to the Seven for more than a month. Bran’s life is in their hands now,” Lady Catelyn explained her words full of pain but they were true. It was the next morning where Lady Catelyn and Rodrick readied to leave. I helped them gather things for their trip food clothing and medicine if needed.

“Thank you Morgana you are much needed help, keep my boys safe while I am gone please,” Lady Catelyn whispered in my ear as she pulled me into a hug.

“I will protect them to my death I can promise you that,” I smiled hugging her back.

“Robb you keep Morgana safe also, you will need her by your side,” Lady Catelyn told Robb as she hugged him closely.

“I’ll never let anything happen to her mother, trust me,” Robb smiled kissing his mother’s cheek and helping her onto her horse.

“I will return once I am done,” Catelyn waved as her and Rodrick left.

1 week later

It had been a week since Lady Catelyn and Rodrick left, Winterfell was silent except for Rickon who ran through the town with summer. Rickon was hard to settle down he hardly wanted to bathe and never wanted to sleep. It takes Theon and Robb to catch him so Old Nan and I can bathe him and put him to rest. Bran still hadn’t woken up but I would sit with him and sing to him as I work on making clothes for the boys and myself.

It was a quiet afternoon, I sat at Bran’s bedside sewing a new shirt for Robb since he got his last one caught on his saddle ripping one side. I looked over at Bran who shivered lightly in his sleep. “Bran, can you hear me?” I asked setting aside my sewing and sitting on the bed next to him. Bran didn’t speak or open his eyes he just stopped shivering. I sighed reaching up to brush hair from Bran’s face and as my fingers contacted with his skin the scenery around me changed and I stood before the gates to Winterfell. I gasped pulling my hand back towards me. I looked over Bran once more touching his hand to see if it would happen again but nothing happened. I slowing reached both my hands up to Bran’s head placing them on either side and gently touching his forehead with my thumbs.

The sneery changed once more but this time I wasn’t outside the gates I was on the inside and
before me stood Bran his back turned. I watched Bran closely before stepping towards him. “Bran,” I called out touching his arm.

“Do you see the crow Morgana?” Bran asked his voice seemed cloudy as if in a trance. I stood next to him and followed his finger which lead to a crow bearing three eyes.

“I see him Bran,” I said reach out to touch the crow but I recoiled when it cawed.

“It want’s me to follow it,” Bran explained looking up at me.

“Then follow it.”

“What if I never wake up, what if the raven is a symbol of my death?” Bran asked grabbing a hold of my hand.

“You can never know what is life or death, we live in a time where a leap of faith is all we have. You must have the courage to take the leap whether it ends badly or not you took the leap. If you do die, I will tell your family of your easy passing and if you wake up then it will be a true celebration,” I explained pulling Bran into my arms.

“But I can never walk again, what is the point of living in celebration when I will never be the same,” Bran cried holding onto me.

“But you will be alive and you will be with us again. I can’t lose you Bran none of us can,” I said kissing his forehead.

“Will you follow the crow with me?” Bran asked pulling away and turning to the crow again.

“I would never leave you alone,” I smiled grabbing his hand. Bran stepped forward following the crow until the surroundings slowly change black and I snapped back into reality taking a gasp of air. I released Bran and fell back. I expected to fall off the bed but I was caught before I slipped off.

“Morgana are you alright, what happened?” Robb asked his voice full of worry.

“I was talking to Bran,” I explained sitting back up.

“You really worried me. I came in to check on you and your eyes were all cloudy and white. You were just holding Bran’s head and not moving,” Robb spoke his voice full of worry. Robb lean towards me pulling me in a tight embrace but as I started to hug him back I heard a soft cough from behind me. “Bran?” Robb called breaking apart from me.

“Robb, Morgana,” Bran’s weak voice called out to us his eyes looking around the room.

“Bran, you did it I am so proud of you,” I said wrapping my arms around his small frame.

“I will go retrieve Maester Luwin,” Robb said before running from the room.

“Thank you for saving me Morgana,” Bran whispered his throat dry.

“Here drink some water and rest your voice,” I said as I poured him a cup of water from the basin next to his bed. “I am very proud, you found your way out of the darkness for your family,” I smiled touching Bran’s cheek.

“I must see the boy immediately,” Maester Luwin called rushing into the room his frail form wobbling.

“We will leave you to your work Maester Luwin,” Robb smiled before leading me out of Bran’s room.

“I know I can never thank you enough for everything you have done for us but you are truly the most amazing woman and I will love you for all of my days,” Robb smiled holding my hand.

“It is thanks enough just being your wife Lord Stark,” I smiled kissing his cheek.

“Oh Lord Stark now is it my Lady Stark,” Robb chuckled opening to door to our room.

“Well with your father gone your are temporary Lord, Lord Stark,” I whispered seductively clicking my tongue. “But let us rest, the day has been long and eventful,” I smiled stepping behind the cover to changing into my night shift.

“You are such a tease Lady Stark,” Robb said shaking his head.

“All in good fun love,” I smiled pulling back the sheets and slipping into the sheets and into Robb’s warm chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
Review Please!