Everybody Wants to Rule the World

Secrets

Everybody Wants to Rule the World

Chapter 12 - Secret

I sat next to Bran’s bedside sewing a pair of Rickon’s pants. Bran stared at a crow outside the window who cawed loudly. “Don’t listen to it. Crows are liars. I know a story about a crow,” Old Nan said softly standing at the end of Bran’s bed.

“I hate you stories,” Bran muttered.

“Bran,” I scolded laying the pants in my lap.

“I know a story about a boy who hated stories. I could tell you about Ser Duncan the Tall. Those were always your favorite,” Old Nan smiled softly trying to cheer Bran up some.

“Those weren’t my favorites. My favorites were the scary ones,” Bran spoke trying to act tough.

“Oh, my sweet summer child. What do you know about fear? Fear is for the winter, when the snows fall a hundred feet deep. Fear is for the long night, when the sun hides for years and children are born and live and die all in darkness. That is the time for fear, my little lord, when the White Walkers move through the woods. Thousands of years ago there came a night that lasted a generation. Kings froze to death in their castles, same as the shepherds in their huts. And Woman smothered their babies rather than see them starve, and wept and felt the tears freeze on their cheeks. So is this the sort of story that you like? In that darkness, the White Walkers came for the first time. They swept through cities and kingdoms, riding their dead horses, hunting with their packs of pale spiders big as hounds. . .” Old Nan trailed off as Robb entered the room.

“What are you telling him now?” Robb smiled walking over to me.

“Only what the little Lord wants to hear.”

“Get your supper. I want some time with him,” Robb told Old Nan who bowed before leaving the room. Robb sat next to me on Bran’s bed, “One time she told me the sky is blue because we live inside the eye of a blue-eyed giant named Macomber,” Robb said with a smile. I laughed softly folding Rickon’s pants in my lap and laying the sewing needle in my box.

“Maybe we do,” Bran muttered not looking at Robb or me.

“How do you feel? You still don’t remember anything? I’ve seen you climb a thousand times. In the wind, in the rain… A thousand times. You never fall,” Robb asked as I placed my hand softly on his knee.

“I did though. It’s true, isn’t it… what Maester Luwin says about my legs? I’d rather be dead,” Bran said looking over at us.

“Don’t ever say that,” Robb scolded anger inside himself.

“Bran, you wouldn’t rather be dead, death is not something you would ever wish upon yourself. What about your mother and father how would they feel if they knew you wished for death?” I said softly touching Bran’s hand which he quickly pulled away.

“I’d rather be dead,” Bran said again turning his face from us. Robb and I looked to one another before getting up and leaving Bran to himself.

“If he keeps going on like this… I just… I just don’t know what to do,” Robb confessed leading me towards the dining hall.

“Let’s just enjoy the day, he just needs time to breath and mull over things,” I smiled softly pressing a kiss to Robb’s cheek.

“Thank you Morgana,” Robb sighed walking into the dinning room where Rickon was eating along with Theon, and Maester Luwin.

“Rickon, I have your pants finished. Don’t let Shaggy Dog drag you around next time okay,” I said as I picked up Rickon helping him into his pants.

“Thank you sister,” Rickon said hugging me quickly then chowing down on his food again. I kissed his head softly before taking my seat next to Robb.

“Before bed, I need to talk to you Maester Luwin, about medicines and things I can make that will possibly help Bran. I don’t know many receipts and I have none of the books with me because of the fire. The little things I do know may at least ease some of the pain,” I spoke softly looking up at Maester Luwin who nodded contenting her supper.

“Just don’t be too long we both need plenty of rest,” Robb spoke between bites.

“Don’t talk with your mouth full Robb, it isn’t polite,” I reprimanded causing Theon to laugh and Robb’s eyebrows to pinch together. “And you, Theon, need to not smack when you eat, very annoying and ladies don’t appreciate a slob,” I scolded pointing my fork at him. Robb laughed as Theon scowled.

“I don’t need to impress ladies with manners. I just need to impress them with what I can do in bed,” Theon smirked and boosted.

“Paying someone to lay in bed with you is different then impressing a woman in bed. Give a whore some money and she will always call your name. Let her be impressed with your manners and cleanliness, get her in bed then impress her with what you can do she might just say your name for real,” I smirked as everyone stared in silence before Robb bursted into laughter.

“Theon… your face is priceless,” Robb laughed pointing at his friend.

“Come Rickon time to bed with you,” Old Nan called as she entered the room.

“I don’t want to! Sister an I stay awake please,” Rickon pleaded jumping from his seat.

“You know better Rickon bedtime is bedtime no matter who calls it, off to bed we can play some tomorrow,” I smiled softly getting out of my seat and walking over to him. I hugged him softly before leading him towards Old Nan.

“Come boy,” Old Nan said pulling him into her with Shaggy Dog following close behind.

“Lady Stark, I will head to my the medicine room, please meet me when you can, my lady,” Maester Luwin bowed leaving Theon, Robb, and I left in the dinning room.

“We all need to head to bed soon,” I said softly breaking the silence. Robb and Theon nodded before standing from their seats and walking towards the door. I followed Robb to our room, telling him to not wait up and giving him a kiss before heading to Maester Luwin’s room.

“Maester Luwin?” I called out softly knocking on his door.

“Come in my lady,” His spoke his voice muffled from the closed door. I opened the door closing and locking it behind me.

“I am sorry Maester Luwin. I lied about why I wanted to talk to you tonight. Although I do have a few pain remedies none will be strong enough for Bran. I came here because I have missed my last two blood moons. I thought maybe the first was because of the miscarriage but now I do not think so,” I whispered as the old man listened carefully.

“Come sit my lady, let me feel your belly and listen,” Maester Luwin beckoned me to the chair. I sat in silence as Maester Luwin did his duties before sitting down himself. “You were right my lady, a child now grows inside you. The child is about two months along which corresponds with your blood moon,” Maester Luwin smiled, “Tis good to have some good news with all this bad surrounding the Stark household.

“Maester Luwin, would you please keep this to us for a time. I would like to hold off on the news until I am sure, Robb cannot take much more pain while war builds on his back,” I said folding her hands in her lap.

“I will keep it to myself my lady but you will begin showing soon, what will you do then?”

“I will wear dresses and coats to hide the growing bump. I just want to wait at least until Lady Stark is home safely.”

“Very well my lady, do take care of yourself and the baby, drink lots of fluid and eat plenty of food. I want to do weekly check ups on both of you,” Maester Luwin said as he lead me to the door.

“I will Maester Luwin, and again thank you,” I whispered before leaving to mine and Robb’s room. I opened our bedroom door slipping in quietly as to not wake Robb.

“You don’t have to be quiet Morgana, I am still awake,” Robb’s voice sent a shiver down my back causing me to jump.

“I told you to not wait up. Magicae and Greywind did not,” I smiled walking over to my vanity pulling my hair down.

“Robb, will you help me with my dress?” I asked looking to his laying form on the bed. Robb got up walking over to me with a smirk. I looked into the mirror staring at Robb who untied my dress and pushed it softly down my shoulders placing kisses on the newly exposed skin until the dress fell softly on the floor. Robb smiled hi fingers running down my side until her reached the bottom of my shift lifting it up. I lifted my arms up allowing him to pull the shift off of me and toss it into the darkness. Robb turned me around pressing his lips against mine and pulling my body against his. I moaned softly into Robb’s lips wrapping my arms around Robb’s neck.

“Come let’s go to the bed Morgana,” Robb said between kiss, lifting me up my legs wrapping around his waist. Robb laid me softly on the bed pulling the pelts over our bodies.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it has been awhile I had a whole system planned so that I would update one of my fanfic's every two weeks but that didn't happen because of my English class and my ADD. So I hope you like this next chapter.