Everybody Wants to Rule the World

Witch

Everybody Wants to Rule the World

Chapter 13 - Witch

“Lord Stark, there is someone approaching the gates,” I heard someone call knocking on our door.

“I’ll be out in a moment hold the gates,” Robb called back, sitting up in the bed. “Come Morgana we must get dressed,” Robb said softly pulling the pelts away from me.

“It is cold,” I whined wrapping them back around me. Robb laughed walking over to his closet and pulling out clothes for him to wear.

“I wish we could stay in bed all day but as a Lord and Lady we have duties,” Robb spoke pulling on his clothes. I reluctantly got up stretching out before waling to my chest. I pulled out my purple dress sliding it on my body.

“Magicae can you tie this please,” I asked the bird who awoke from his slumber. Magicae chirped before pulling the strings tightly and tying the strings into a bow.

“It amazes me the things that bird can do,” Robb smiled pulling his cloak on. Magicae toughed up his feathers a squawked at Robb angrily. “What is it Magicae have I offended the,” Robb laughed reaching to touch him but Magicae nipped his finger causing Robb to pull it back quickly with a soft ‘ow’ escaping his lips.

“He doesn’t like being called a bird, Magicae is a majestic phoenix and would not like to be called a bird,” I laughed petting Magicae’s head softly placing a gentle kiss on his head.

“Lord Stark, the man at the gate is the Imp, Tyrion Lannister,” Theon’s voice said through the door. Robb opened the door allowing Magicae and Greywind to walk out.

“Go get Bran out of bed, meet me and Morgana in the court yard,” Robb ordered Theon who nodded and left to Bran’s room quickly. Robb and I walked briskly through the halls to the courtyard stopping in front of Tyrion.

“I must say I received a slightly warmer welcome on my last visit,” Tyrion spoke looking between Robb and I.

“Any man of the Night’s Watch is welcome at Winterfell,” Robb said coldly his jaw clenching tightly.

“Any man of the Night’s Watch, but not I, eh, Boy?” Tyrion asked his eyebrow raising.

“I’m not your boy, Lannister. I’m Lord of Winterfell while my father is away,” Robb snarled in reply.

“Then you might learn a lord’s courtesy,” Tyrion replied as Bran walked out placed softly on Hodor’s back. “So it’s true. Hello Bran. Do you remember anything about what happened?” Tyrion asked looking up at Bran.

“He has no memory of that day,” I answered softly looking at Bran.

“Curious.”

“Why are you here?” Robb questioned.

“Would your charming companion be so kind as to kneel? My neck is beginning to hurt?” Tyrion asked Bran who was much taller than the Imp.

“Kneel, Hodor,” Bran ordered holding on tightly as Hodor kneeled before the Imp.

“Do you like to ride, Bran?” Tyrion asked looking at Bran curiously.

“Yes, well I mean I did like to ride,” Bran answered softly.

“The boy has lost the use of his legs,” Maester Luwin spoke up.

“What of it? With the right horse and saddle, even a cripple can ride.”

“I’m not a cripple,” Bran spoke his voice raising in pitch.

“Them I’m not a dwarf. My father will rejoice to hear it,” Tyrion said sarcastically. Tyrion held up a paper, “I have a gift for you. Give that to your saddler. He’ll provide the rest. You must shape the horse to the rider. Start with a yearling and teach it to respond to the reins and to the boy’s voice,” Tyrion explained handing Bran the paper that depicted a saddle to allow Bran to ride.

“Will I really be able to ride?”

“You will. On horseback you will be as tall as any of them.”

“Is this some kind of trick? Why do you want to help him?” Robb asked his eyebrows furring together.

“I have a tender spot in my heart for cripples, bastards, orphans, and broken things,” Tyrion sighed looking between each of us.

“You’ve done my brother a kindness. The hospitality of Winterfell is yours,” Robb thanked Tyrion.

“Spare me your false courtesies , Lord Stark . There’s a brothel outside your walls. There I’ll find a bed and both of us can sleep easier. Oh and Lady Stark to take care of the baby, don’t want my sister taking it away again,” Tyrion spoke turning to look up at me.

“Excuse me?” I asked my eyebrows knitting together.

“You're pregnant again, you may not know it or may be hiding it but it is written all over you. The glow of you is a dead give away, I don’t know how none of you saw it,” Tyrion smirked. “How far along are you?” Tyrion asked Staring directly at me. I gulped there was no way to get out of the situation now. Everyone stared at me the silence waiting for my voice.

“I… I’m in the third month,” I said softly my eyes avoiding everyone else’s.

“How long have you known?” Robb asked his voice raising anger and hurt filling his eyes.

“I’ve only known for a week, I didn’t want to tell you because if I miscarried again it would be devastating. What if I can’t have children anymore because of what Cersei did. What will I be to you but nothing. You need a son and I had to make sure I could give you one,” I spoke softly my hands shaking at my sides. “I’m sorry Robb,” I said turning quickly leaving them in their thoughts. I walked quickly towards the gates until out of sight, once out of sight I took off in a sprint towards the Godswood. I walked through the woods tears slipping from my eyes on the ground. Magicae cawed flying onto my shoulder.

“I know I’m sorry, Magicae, I just I don’t know what to do, this was too early for them to know,” I said softly leaning my head against Magicae’s. Magicae cawed again before nipping at my hair. “I just need a few moments to think. A lot of things are happening all at once and I just can’t deal with all of this at once. I miss Lady Stark greatly,” I sighed my feet taking me deeper into the woods. I heard a rustling in the trees to my left causing Magicae’s feathers to tuff up. “Who is there?” I called out walking towards the trees. “I am not afraid of you.” I walked a fe steps farther until a bunny popped out of the bush causing me to fall over. “Oh little bunny you scared me,” I laughed reaching to touch it.

“It’s not the bunny you should be afraid of,” I heard a voice say as a figured continued out of the bush.

“Who are you?” I asked lifting myself off the ground.

“Just a wildling,” The man sneered walking closer to me.

“Don’t come any closer, I will have no choice but to hurt you,” I stated holding my ground.

“Or what, the pretty girl going to attack me,” I won’t hesitate to.

“Morgana!” I heard a voice yell through the woods. The man
stepped closer to me holding his jagged knife close. “Don’t step any closer!” I yelled through clenched teeth.

“Come on princess I just want to have a bit of fun.”

“Morgana where are you!” I heard the voice yell again. I recognized the voice as Robb’s. The man took another step closer raising his knife up. I flicked my hand out willing the man to raise up off the ground. As the wildling’s feet left the ground I smirked looking him dead in the eye.

“What are you!” He yelled moving his arm’s around as if it would help him reach the ground.

“I am nothing to you wildling,” I growled before pulling my hand back and throwing him towards Robb’s voice. I followed the way his body went sliding past broken branches until I found not only the wildling but Robb and Theon as well. My eyes returned from the brights golden to their natural blue, green.

“Morgana what happen?” Robb asked pulling his sword out pointing it at the wildling.

“He was going to attack me so I attacked him first,” I stated looking down at the wildling.

“You wildling, you have tried to place harm on the Lady of Winterfell,” Theon said as he picked the wildling off the ground.

“She… she is evil, I see it in her eyes, she is a witch and not to be trusted,” The wildling stuttered pointing a shaking finger at me.

“She is not a witch wildling but a high priestess, she protects and cares for those around her. She is not evil,” Robb growled. “You wildling have been sentenced to death for your actions against Lady Stark,” Robb added holding his sword up to the wildling. There was two heartbeats in-between Robb’s words and the sword plunging into the wildling’s stomach. Robb pulled his sword out of the wildling as Theon released the wildling from his grasp.

“Come Morgana, you shouldn’t have run off into the woods like that. You are with child and need protection,” Robb said softly holstering his weapon.

“I wasn’t alone Magicae was here with me, and I can protect myself,” I sighed walking with Robb and Theon out of the woods.

“I know you can, I would just like someone to be with you to make my mind at ease, preferably me with you,” Robb smiled down at me placing his hand lightly on my back. “Just promise me you will stay safe for all of are sake, I need you here with me,” Robb added.

“I promise.”