Everybody Wants to Rule the World

The King Rides

Everybody Wants to Rule the World

Chapter 6 - The King Rides

Over the months my belly had grown greatly, it was getting more difficult to walk and sleep comfortably but I was always at ease knowing I was safe here in Winterfell, safe knowing my husband would do anything to protect me. I sat watching Jon and Robb teach Bran archery as the girls were having lessons with Septa Mordane.

“Go on. Father’s Watching,” Jon said edging Bran to shoot. I look up from my chair to see Lord and Lady Stark above us. Catelyn smiled at me which I returned. “And your mother,” Jon added looking away from Lord and Lady Stark. Bran releases his arrow and misses the target again causing the boys to laugh.

“And which one of you was a marksman at ten? Keep practicing Bran. Go on,” Lord Stark Said causing everyone to stop laughing.

“Don’t think too much, Bran,” Jon spoke as Bran readied his bow.

“Relax your bow arm,” Robb added.

“Just breath Bran, act like it’s a natural movement,” I told him before he pulled back the arrow. Before Bran could even release the arrow an arrow flew from behind us landing in the bullseye. Bran still with his Arrow, Jon, Robb, and I turned to see Arya, who curtsied after her perfect shot. Robb, Jon, and I laugh as Bran takes off after Arya.

“Quick Bran faster!” Robb yelled after his younger brother.

Lord Stark walked down to us after Cassel and Theon finished talking to him. The boys gathered arrows trying to clean up from their practice. Rickon brought a few to Robb who patted his head.

“Lad, go run back and get the rest,” Robb told Rickon who nodded and ran behind the targets.

“We have a deserter from the wall,” Lord Stark spoke stopping next to me. “We must go and see to his execution, and I want Bran to come as well,” Lord Stark continued.

“Can I come as well my Lord?” I asked standing from my seat my belly poking out.

“Not this time my Lady, the little Lord in your belly is to far grown for you to comfortably ride a horse,” Lord Stark said as Robb nodded in agreement.

“Maester Luwin wants to have a check up on the baby as well, while we are out you can go see him and inform me when we return,” Robb said kissing my cheek lightly.

“Well you boys go have fun but please be safe,” I smiled kissing Robb’s cheek.

“We are not going to war my Love just to an execution,” Robb said as I walked towards Maester Luwin’s medicine room and Robb mounted his horse following the rest out the gate.

“Good evening Maester Luwin,” I called out to the frail man.

“Lady Morgana, you are looking healthy today,” Maester Luwin said walking over to me.

“I’m feeling wonderful, the baby moves too much at night though makes it hard to sleep,” I explained rubbing my pregnant belly.

“Well we know he is getting ready, he moves because of his mother and father’s voices, he feels the connection and is getting ready to see the world,” Maester Luwin said as he pressed different spots on my stomach feeling the baby kick around. “He seems very healthy and I would not worry yourself with the babies health he is completely fine and growing well. Now off you go my Lady,” Maester Luwin said as he ushered me out the door where the boys were all returning from their ride to execute the deserter.

“Robb,” I called out with a wave as he was dismounting his horse two small fur balls in his hands.
“What are those?” I asked walking closer seeing Bran holding one, Jon holding one, and Theon holding two.

“They are dire wolf puppies!” Bran said excitedly. Walking towards me with the puppy in his arms.

“There are six puppies one for each of Lord Starks children, we gave the runt to Snow over there,” Theon said as Robb handed one to me.

“This is ours, I am naming him Greywind,” Robb smiled as I petted the puppies soft fur.

“He is very soft and cute,” I smiled as the puppy rubbed against my face.

“But his cuteness won’t last he will be our protector,” Robb smiled before Sansa, Rickon, and Arya came running towards us.

“We have gifts for you!” Robb said as they stopped in front of the group.

“You will each train them on your own no help from servants and if they die they die,” Lord Stark said as Robb handed Sansa her wolf, and Theon handed Rickon and Arya theirs.

“Thank you Father!” Arya said hugging him tightly.

“You’re Welcome,” He smiled before Lady Catelyn stepped outside.

“I want you all to stay right here, we have an important announcement,” Lady Catelyn called out to us.

“Yes, we received a raven from King’s Landing, Jon Aryn, is dead and The King and His Party ride towards Winterfell,” Lord Stark said as all of our eyes widened.

“How long?” I asked handing Greywind over to Robb.

“It will be about a month until they get here, so we must quickly start preparing now, new clothes for everyone, and decorations for the halls, also get those pups trained quickly so nothing bad happens while they are here,” Lady Catelyn said as we all nodded before leaving the courtyard to start our preparations.

It had been a month since we receive news of the King’s ride to Winterfell, final things were being placed together and the boys were off to be clean shaven. I stood in the room making sure the boys were all being shaved and prepared.

“Why’s your mother so dead-set on us getting pretty for the King?” Jon asked as Robb was being shaved.

“It’s for the Queen, I bet. I hear she’s sleek as a mink,” Theon laugh as I swatted his shoulder.

“I hear the prince is a right royal prick,” Robb said as he stood up from the chair whipping the rest of the cream from his face. I moved my hands over his clean shaven face and laughed.

“What?” Robb asked confused.

“You look so young when you are clean shaven,” I smiled kissing his cheek.

“Think of all those southern girls he gets to stab with his right royal prick,” Theon murmured as Jon got ready.

“Go on, Tommy, shave him good. He’s never met a girl he likes better than his own hair,” Robb said patting Jon’s head.

“After you are all done get dressed quickly they should be here soon,” I said as Robb and I left to our room to get dressed for the King’s party. We changed quickly with the help of my Chambermaid. My Light grey and light blue dressed hugged my pregnant body tightly. Robb wrapped my wolf cloak around me and helped me slip my shoes on.

“Come on lets go meet the King,” Robb sighed helping me stand my six month old fetus making it very difficult.

We walked to the courtyard our arms link together as everyone lined up for the royals. Rickon was the farthest left standing next to Lady Catelyn, next to her was Lord Stark, who nodded at me with a smile as Robb and I took our places next to him, beside me stood Sansa her auburn hair shining brightly, and next her her was Bran where Arya should have stood but the tomboy was missing. The King’s horses and men rode through our gates along with a wagon which held the Queen.

“Where’s Arya? Sansa, where’s your sister?” Lady Catelyn asked leaning over to look at Sansa. Sansa shakes her head as I see Arya slip through the crowd and start to walk past us while wearing a helmet.

“Hey, hey, hey, hey. What are you doing with that on,” Lord Stark said as he pulled the helmet off and passed it back to the men standing behind us. Arya move to Bran and Sansa pushing Bran out of the way so she could take her place.

Joffrey rides up atop his horse, Sansa gave him a small, as Robb glared coldly at him. The man behind Joffrey known as the Hound pulls off his helm his painful scar showing across the side of his face. The coach pulled to a stop followed by King Robert who heaved himself off his horse, we all kneel before our great King. King Robert signaled for all of us to rise, we all stood Sansa and Robb helping me back to my feet.

“Your Grace,” Lord Stark said as King Robert walked over to him.

“You’ve got fat,” King Robert said in a serious tone as we all looked confused at the large plump King before he and Lord Stark started laughing. “Cat!” King Robert yelled continuing down the line of Starks.

“Your Grace,” She smiled at him.

“Nine years. Why haven’t I seen you? Where the hell have you been?” King Robert asked looking at Lady Catelyn and Lord Stark.

“Guarding the north for you, Your Grace. Winterfell is yours,” Lord Stark replied. Cersei and her other children descended from the coach holding their heads up high in a snobbish way.

“Where’s the imp?” I heard Arya whisper beside Sansa.

“Will you shut up?” Sansa asked harshly.

“Who have we here? You must be Robb,” King Robert said as he walking in front of Robb. “And this must be your lovely wife the Lady Morgana Hawke nee Stark now,” The King said Kissing my hand delicately. “I am sorry for your lose my child, your father was a good friend,” King Robert said as her rubbed my hand. “And what is this, Robb you wasted no time my boy, a baby already on it’s way!” King Robert said excitedly as he noticed my round belly sticking out. “My, you’re a pretty one,” King Robert said as he continued to Sansa who smiled brightly. “Your name is?” King Robert asked Arya bending down lightly to her level.

“Arya,” she replied looking up at the plump King.

“Ooh. Show us your muscles,” the King said coming to Bran who happily pulled up his arm flexing his muscles, “You’ll be a soldier,” The King finished patting Bran’s head.

A man of the guard removed his helm his blonde hair falling out of it. “That;s Jaime Lannister. The Queen’s twin brother,” Arya whispered.

“Would you please shut up,” Sansa said not wanting to be embarrassed. Cersei Approached use her cold stone face looking over everyone, staring at me for a longer period before blinking away.

“My queen,” Lord Stark said as he kissed her hand.

“My queen,” Lady Catelyn curtsied.

“Take me to your crypt. I want to pay my respects,” King Robert said looking at Lord Stark who nodded his head. Cersei looked angry as she snapped towards the King.

“We’ve been riding for a month, my love surely the dead can wait,” Cersei said looking coldly at King Robert.

“Ned,” the King pushed on before he and Lord StarK left the courtyard to the crypts. Cersei humiliated headed to her brother Jaime. Slowly the courtyard emptied as the people got ready for the large feast in honor of the King and his party.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am just dying to write the seventh chapter it is going to be great and emotional and ahhh I hope you guys don't hate me after it!!