Everybody Wants to Rule the World

You Wouldn't Reject the Queen Would You?

Everybody Wants to Rule the World

Chapter 7 - You wouldn’t Reject the Queen Would You?

We were all seated in the dinning hall enjoying the feast as King Robert walked towards me as I was seated next to Robb and Catelyn. “Your father was a great man Morgana,” The King said as he sat across from me. “Some say he would fight a battle of 2’000 alone and win without a single scratch,” The King added as the Stark children listened closely to the talk or Morgana’s family. “Your mother had a beauty that only the Lyanna Stark could rival, her need to protect her young made her even more powerful. Your brother Arthur would have made a fine Lord one day he was just like your father strong and caring. Your younger sister Analysa, the little book worm she was if I remember correctly, she spent so much time in a book she would never perform her magic well. And then you add the youngest Marthe so powerful that nothing would be able to stop you two, the perfect combination of mother and father, now the use of that power would all depend on you, is it for good or evil,” King Robert said looking at Morgana closely.

“I am truly sorry for the loss of your family Lady Morgana they were good people who didn’t deserve this,” the King whispered as Cersei sneered.

“Let’s stop mourning the lost and stop talking of magic if it is used the user will not suffer a noble death,” Queen Cersei said from her seat next to King Robert. The whole room silence and it was in that moment that King’s Landing and Winterfell alike hated Cersei. She soon noticed how quiet it was and beckoned one of her servants forward.

“I have a gift for you Morgana, this is the richest wine you will ever taste, and it is what I drank while holding my children. It made them strong and healthy,” Cersei said as the servant poured the deep red wine into the silver chalice.

“Thank you Your Grace, but I do not think wine is the best to drink while with child,” I said looking directly at her. The crowd around us was still silenced as they watched me tell the queen no.

“You would dare disrespect your Queen’s gift to you. This is the most expensive wine and you are to tell me that you don’t want it because you are with child. I was with child when I drank my children are fine so you will drink it,” Queen Cersei said her voice raising as she stood pushing the cup out towards me. I to stood meeting her piercing gaze and as I reached out to grab it Magicae flew down cawing at the cup.

“Get this beast out of her before it hurts someone!” Queen Cersei yelled as Magicae flew around Cersei and I trying to hit the cup.

“Magicae leave, go play with Greywind,” I told pointing towards the door. He chirped at me before flying out the room quickly.

“I apologize Your Grace Magicae just shares my same opinion about wine when with child,” I smirked at the Queen who returned my smirk pushing her hand with the silver chalice even closer to me.

“Just one sip, for your Queen, it would make me very happy,” Queen Cersei said as Robb started to stand beside me but I held my hand out to stop him. I took the silver chalice from her bringing it up to my nose for a quick smell. Then I pushed it back to her.

“You take a sip and then I will drink it,” I said looking for a fault in her stone cold face.

“Fine,” She muttered grabbing the chalice and taking a quick sip before pushing it back towards me. “Now I am your Queen and I say drink, enjoy the rich flavor of the most expensive wine.” I pulled the chalice back to my lips looking into the drink before I pulled it to my lips delicately taking a small sip, tasting the liquid. I then took a bigger sip and placed it down on the table before sitting back in my seat.

“Good girl,” The Queen smiled at me as the feast around us returned to normal.

As the feast continued the noise grew louder and the people grew rowdier. “Morgana, my Uncle Benjen has arrived and I would like for you to meet him,” Robb whispered into my ear as he returned from the outside with his father. I nodded as Robb helped me out of my chair next to Sansa. We walked out of the dinning hall our arms link as Robb lead me over to a tall man dressed in Night’s Watch uniform who just finished his talk with Lord Stark.

“Uncle Benjen,” Robb called out releasing my arm as the tall man turned to face him.

“Robb boy. How are you?” Benjen said pulling Robb into a hug.

“I’m good, great actually. Uncle Benjen I would like for you to meet my wife Lady Morgana Stark,” Robb said as I stepped closer to his uncle.

“Morgana, as in daughter of the great Leo Hawke? The last time I saw you, you were about the size of a loaf of bread,” Benjen said looking at me, he paused momentarily before putting his hand lightly on my shoulder, “I’m sorry for your loss Lady Morgana,” Benjen said bowing his head.

“Thank you Lord Benjen,” I said as Robb rubbed my back lightly.

“I am not a lord, just a member of the Night’s Watch,” Benjen smiled.

“But you are the best member Uncle,” Robb laughed as Benjen looked down noticing my round belly.

“What’s this Robb? Starting a family now, good job boy,” Benjen said clapping Robb’s shoulder. “Now let’s return to this feast,” Benjen said before leading us back into the dinning hall. Robb and I took our places back at the table where we conversed with friends. I was in the middle of yelling at Theon for being a pervert when a pain shot in my stomach, I leaned over in my seat holding my belly.

“Morgana, are you alright?” Robb asked worried leaning over to me.

“Yes, I am fine the baby is just getting upset, I think he is ready for bed,” I laughed lightly feeling the baby kick around.

“He is moving? Can I feel,” Robb asked stretching his hand out to touch my stomach lightly. He jumped feeling the babies feet kick against his hand, Robb smiled pressing a delicate kiss to me head. “I love you my Lady Morgana,” Robb whispered kissing my lips.

“We love you too,” I smiled touching Robb’s hand that was on my belly. Out the corner of my eye I saw Arya pick up her spoon and aim it at Sansa. I gasped as Arya flung the food at her hitting Sansa right in her face. I chuckled as Robb and Theon bursted out laughing next to me.

“Arya!” Sansa yelled as her friend starting wiping away the food. Lady Stark caught Robb’s and my eye as she signaled us to deal with the girls. Robb and I stood quickly as Robb hoisted Arya out of her seat as she protested.

“Time for bed,” Robb smiled placing Arya on the ground pushing her towards the door. I followed quickly behind them curtseying to Lady Stark and Queen Cersei as I walked in front of them.

“Arya why did you do that to Sansa, you know she is trying to impress the Queen and Joffrey, she may one day be married to him,” I said as we walked to her room.

“She is just being a brat and has been rude to me ever since the King got here,” Arya sigh crossing her arms over her chest. “She says I’m not a Lady but I don’t want to be a Lady Morgana, I want to be a knight and fight. I’ve seen you fight and I heard the story of when you killed a group of wildlings to save your sister. You are so heroic and you would do anything for family, I want to be just like you one day,” Arya said as we reached her room.

“I am also a Lady Arya, I took my lessons with my Septa and I listen to what my mother asked and as a result I was allowed to train to learn to fight and protect. It is a Hawke’s duty to protect those they care about. Arya, I will give you a great task, and this task is greater than any other one you can be given. The child inside me grows everyday and soon it will be born, when your nephew is born I want you to protect him at all costs, to give him someone to look up to and someone to always watch over him. Can you do that for me?” I ask arya leaning down to her level. Robb smiled behind us watching the girls eyes light up with joy as she flung her arms around me.

“I will protect him with my life,” She smiled releasing me from her hug.

“Alright Arya, time for bed, and for you too Morgana,” Robb said as Arya stuck her tongue out at him. Robb smiled ruffling her hair as he helped me up to my feet.

“Goodnight Arya,” I called out as she shut her door.

“Goodnight,” I heard a muffled reply.

“You shouldn’t get her hopes up to much, our mothers were very different and my mother isn’t as lenient with Ladies using swords and bow and arrows,” Robb said leading me to our room.

“Maybe I can change her mind,” I smirked as we entered our room.

“Have fun with that one,” Robb laughed as I moved behind the cover to change into my night slip as Robb changed his clothes next to the bed.

“If I get any bigger I’m going to need a new night shift,” I sighed walking to the bed my night shift lifted up higher than normal as my belly stretched.

“I think it is perfect,” Robb smiled pulling back the wolf pelts.

“Of course you would. If it were up to you I would never wear clothes,” I laugh as Robb picked me up and layer me gently down on the bed. Robb quickly layer next to me pulling me into his arms protectively guarding the unborn child like the Greywind and Magicae do when they walk with me around Winterfell.

Robb’s POV

I slept for only a short time before, I heard Morgana groan in pain, she twitched in my arms for several minutes the suddenly stopped. I lifted up lightly making sure she was still breathing but as I moved over her I felt something wet touch my leg. I threw back the covers seeing red blood pooling from Morgana. I panicked quickly throwing on my rob as I pulled her unconscious body to my chest. I threw the door open and ran to Maester Luwin’s room. Before I reached his room I heard his voice coming from my parents room. I knocked on their door loudly leaving blood on their door along with a trail from my room to theirs. The voices in the room quieted as my mother opened the door. I looked at her as she gasped pulling me inside.

“Maester Luwin here now!” She yelled over to him as my father helped my lay Morgana down.

“She is bleeding and she won’t stop!” I cried as Maester Luwin leaned down to Morgana.

“Robb, I need you to run to my room get my bag and grab three chambermaids, Lady Stark could you get me a bowl of hot water and some clothe,” Maester Luwin said calmly.

“What’s wrong with her? Is the baby alright?” I yelled not letting go of my wife.

“Lord Robb I need you to do this for me if you do not get the bag and the chambermaids you will lose both your wife and child,” Maester Luwin said this time with more force.

“Come Robb we will go together,” My father said as she pulled me away from Morgana.

Third Person POV

Robb and Lord Stark left the room as Lady Catelyn kneeled beside Morgana. Lady Catelyn got hot
water and several cloths handing them to Maester Luwin. “Lady Catelyn could you wipe off her legs and delicates some,” Maester Luwin asked as he dipped a clothe in the water and placed it on her forehead.

“She has miscarried hasn’t she?” Lady Catelyn asked as she started whipping down her legs.

“I believe so my Lady,” Maester Luwin replied pressing his ear to Morgana’s stomach.

“That is strange since she just saw you and everything was fine,” Lady Catelyn sighed looking at her son’s beautiful wife. “This poor girl has gone through more lose than anyone and now she has lost her child. I don’t know how this will affect her,” Lady Catelyn continued brushing the hair out of Morgana’s face. Soon Robb and Lord Stark returned with Fiora and Maester Luwin’s bag. Maester Luwin rummaged through the contents pulling out a bottle of liquid.

“This will ease the pain,” Maester Luwin said as Fiora lifted Morgana’s head for Maester Luwin to slip the drink between her lips.

“What’s wrong with her?” Robb asked as Lady Catelyn rubbed his back.

“It isn’t Morgana . . . it’s the baby, Morgana has miscarried and the child has past. Thats why there is the blood. I’m sorry Lord Robb,” Maester Luwin said as Robb’s eyes welled with tears.

“What could have done this?” Lord Stark asked as his eldest cried into his mother.

“There can be many causes but none that would have effected Lady Morgana, the only thing that could have effected her was poison,” Maester Luwin said looking closely at Lord Stark.

“I see,” Lord Stark said as he eyed Lady Catelyn who cringed at the thought of the Lannisters.

“Let’s take her back to her room, I’m going to need Fiora to stay with me while everyone else returns to sleep you will all need it. I have to operate on her she will lose more blood but the child has to be removed,” Maester Luwin said as Lord Stark picked up Morgana and leading the group to hers and Robb’s bedroom.

“We can hold a funeral for the child and give it a proper burial?” Robb asked looking at his father.

“Of course son, you only ten and seven names day have already lost something that every mother and father is scared of losing. You must be strong Robb for yours and Morgana sake, she will be sad when she awakes and realize what has happened, she will want no food or company but you must be strong make her eat and don’t leave her side,” Lady Catelyn told her son sternly.

“I won’t mother, I care for her and love her, I wouldn’t let anything happen to her,” Robb promised as they left Maester Luwin to his work.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't hate me please, it had to be done!!