Status: currently working

Pure Addiction

Chapter 10: Truth

The cool breeze made me shiver myself awake. I climbed out of bed, half awake and shut the big square window. Just as I turned to head back to my bed my body clashed into something hard. My eyes popped open as I searched the man in front of me. If I wasn't awake before I definitely was now.

"Kol?" I asked as I tried to back up.

He used his vampire speed to slam me up against the wall. I tried to cry out but he covered my mouth with his cold hand. No matter how hard tried to pry him off me he remained stiff like stone. He gave off that sick smile before leaning down and sinking his teeth into my flesh.

"Raine!" Ivy's voice rang in my ears. I tried to scream but my mouth was covered. "Raine, wake up!"

I jumped up gasping for breath. My twin was leaning over me, shaking me awake. "Raine." She tried speaking calmly.

"I'm awake." I sat up and dragged my hands down my face. That one hell of a dream.

"Well, get up. We have to get ready for school." She headed for my door to leave but stopped in her tracks and turned to face me. "What the hell kind of dreams are you having?" She asked.

"You don't wanna know." I replied as I pulled the covers off me and started gathering fresh clothes.

After a nice hot shower I fixed my hair and put on a pair of blue jean shorts. Just as I about to put on my white plain shirt I noticed that it wasn't even my shirt. It was the white V-neck that Trevor had left behind for me many nights ago. A part of me wanted to get a different shirt. There was a possibility that it could make Kol angry if he saw me. There was also a chance that he wouldn't even notice. He was probably busy with another floosy girl.

"Fuck it, a shirt's a shirt." I spoke out loud as I pulled the shirt over my tiny frame.

The fabric hung loosely on my shoulders and almost reached to the bottom of my shorts. The strange thing was that the shirt sort of made me feel like everything was going to be okay. Maybe I was just being a little paranoid because of my recent relations with a psycho vampire. I rolled my eyes at myself and put on my sunglasses before running down stairs to meet Ivy. She was sitting on the hardwood floor with her hands running through Bandit's thick fur. The only thing I could do was look at her like she was crazy because she was wearing a white summer dress with flowers all over it. If any dog hairs were to stick on the fabric it would definitely pop out.

Back at school a lot of teenage boys gawked at us. Some were whispering to their friends and pointing at us as if we were the subject of the day. It was easy to say that most of the boys found us attractive. Ivy ushered closer to me, unsure of how to react. I gave her a reassuring smile as he approached our lockers. She wouldn't have anything to worry about as long as I was around. If anyone ever made her feel uncomfortable I wouldn't be afraid to punch someone in the face.

"Hey guys!" Caroline approached us with a big smile on her face.

"Wow, Raine. That's a real big shirt you got on there." Her attention immediately went to me.

"It's Trevor's. I was in a rush this morning and grabbed the wrong shirt." I explained as I popped open my red locker.

"Are you and Trevor back together?" Caroline was clearly confused.

"I'm considering it since my other friend wasn't any good for me." I tried not to mention anything in front of Ivy.

"Well I'm heading to class before the bell rings." Ivy slammed her locker shut violently and stormed away.

Caroline and I shared a look, confused by her actions. Ivy was a gentle loving person. She never slammed things or stormed off. Something had to have been bugging her.

"She's probably just PMSing. She was fine this morning." I rationalized.

"Well, I think it's good that you're staying away from Kol. He's really dangerous."

Like I haven't heard that before.

"Yeah, you have no idea. I found out something's that I can't even talk about right now." I shut my locker and clutched the books to my side.

"Hey Elena, Bonnie, and I are planning on going on a shopping spree. Why don't you come with us and you can tell us what's going on with you." She offered.

"Sure, I'll just drop Ivy off at home first because it has something to do with, you know, supernatural stuff." I whispered.

After that Ivy completely ignored me. I tried getting her attention in the halls when switching classes and all she did was glare at me. A part of me wanted to curse her out but another part of me was worried. That wasn't Ivy at all. Was my sister suddenly possessed or something? I couldn't find a reason as to why she would be mad at me.

"Ivy. . ." I tried talking to her when we got home but she ignored me again and ran upstairs. "Ivy." I called her again but got no response. "Come on Ivy, I can't know what's wrong unless you tell me. I'm not our cousin Chloe here, I can't read minds."

She still didn't reply. I let out a frustrated sigh as I climbed the stairs calling her name. My hand gently pushed the door to her room open but it was empty. She must have been crying in the bathroom or something. I closed her door and turned around only to get hit in the face.

"Ivy, what the hell?" I asked in an irritated voice.

"You wanna talk Raine? Well let's talk about the truth!" Ivy shouted in anger.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I asked in a confused voice.

"Let's start with Dylan. You know my ex that you slept with while I was dating him!"

My stomach dropped when she answered. What happened with Dylan and I wasn't anything I wanted. But she couldn't know that. She couldn't know the monster that she had fallen in love with. I refused to let my sister know of such horrible things.

She charged at me and we bot slammed into the wall. As soon as we fell to the floor I climbed on top of Ivy. I didn't want to fight with my sister. I also didn't want to hurt her.

"Who told you that?" I asked.

"It doesn't matter, when where you going to tell me?" Ivy kicked me off her and tried pinning me down. We continued to wrestle for a minute until I got back on top.

"Yes, it happened!" I screamed. "And it haunts me everyday! I'm sorry, Alright? I never planned for it to happen."

"You're such a slut Raine!" She kicked me in the gut, making me cringe at the ache.

She slipped out from under me and kicked me in the ribs. I jumped up and grabbed her. "I'm getting real tired of you-"

She managed to reach up and hit me in the face. My whole body was trembling in anger. I tried pinning her down but she hit me again. That was all I was willing to take. My anger caused me to loose control. I dragged her by the stairs and tried throwing her down them. She clutched her hand on to my arm, refusing to let me go.

I guess she felt that if she was going down then I was going down with her. She was right. We both tumbled down the stairs, our bodies taking hard hits from each stair. By the time we hit the floor I was dizzy and my whole body was aching from head to toe. I gave my twin a hard kick to the face.

"Are you done now?" I shouted.

She sat there quiet for a second, catching her breath. I let my guard down and sat on one of the steps. She lunged at me again, obviously not done with the fight. My arm wrapped around her head and brought it down by my waist, putting her in a tight headlock.

"You have no idea the lengths I have gone to protect you. I sacrificed everything for you, you ungrateful Bitch!"

"Your so full of shit Raine! All you do is lie." She argued.

"What have I lied to you about?" I tossed my twin a few feet away from me.

She stabilized herself on her two feet. "Everything!" She grabbed my hair and slammed my head into the wall. I reached out and tossed her to the floor. "What exactly have I been lying about? Be specific." I asked, trying to catch my breath.

"The vampires, the werewolves, the witches, and the doppelgänger we have for a friend!" She shouted.

"I did it to protect you." I whispered.

"I don't need your protection, Raine. What I need is for you to leave. Get out of the house!" Ivy began to break down in tears.

I tried reproaching her but she held up her hand. "Don't! Just go. You've ruined my life enough as is."

Our doorbell went off and I assumed that it was Caroline with Elena and Bonnie. The very three supernatural creatures that Ivy was just shouting about. Guilt began to overcome all the pain I was feeling on the outside as I opened the door.

"I'm so glad you guys are here."
The three of them stood still, gaping at my face. Ivy must have left a few bruises.
♠ ♠ ♠
So who do you think told Ivy about everything?
To all those reading thanking so much you are all awesome and a special thank you to avenged angel your comments inspire me
Hope you all enjoyed please comment and tell me what you think.