Status: currently working

Pure Addiction

Chapter 12: Like a moth to the flame

After that night I made sure that I was up to date with vervain and tried settling things with Ivy. She was one to hold a grudge for eternity if she had it. I had ignored every one of Kol’s calls and messages. He was a dangerous vampire that only got off on tormenting innocent people, I had to stay away from him. Every time I was close to him it seemed like I lost all control of my body and always found myself letting him fuck me and drink my blood. Yes, he certainly was my kind of man but I refused to endanger my family all because he wanted to act like a psychopath having a temper tantrum.

It had been two weeks that I managed to stay away from Kol. Two weeks. Ivy was still refusing to talk to me and that was when I decided to skip school. It was bothering me to watch my twin walk down the halls and act like I wasn’t there. She was making me feel like a ghost. Between being cooped up in the house and everything else that was going on, I was beginning to go crazy. I noticed this when I found myself pacing back and forth in the kitchen. Ivy had just returned home from school and was greeted by our puppy.

“Hey Bandit, come here boy.” She bent down to pick him up and held him close to her chest. “Stop pacing Raine and go out or whatever it is your trying to stop yourself from doing.”

I stopped in mid step and turned to my twin. She finally talked to me. Words left her mouth and they were meant for me. At that point I wasn’t sure if I should be happy or suspicious. When Ivy was mad she was mad for a long time. Not two weeks long, more like two years long.

“Two weeks of silent treatment and the first words out of your mouth to me are orders.” I commented as I approached her to pet the puppy.

“Well I kind of need your help and I can’t get that when I don’t talk to you.” Ivy looked down at the floor as if in shame.

“Ivy what. . .” I was about to ask what was wrong until I saw two small puncture marks on her neck. “Who did it, Ivy? I swear to God I will rip their beating heart out!”

“I think you already know who.” She gave Bandit a kiss before placing him on the floor and leaning against the wall. “So what are you going to do? He said if you keep ignoring him and don’t give yourself to him then he’s going to kill me.” She looked me dead in the eyes and I saw her blue eyes begin to water. “I’m still in high school Raine. I don’t want to die.”

“Stay here and lock the doors, I’m going to end this. I promise Ivy, he won’t hurt you again.” I grabbed my leather jacket it and put it on over my black blouse. I fixed my tight dark blue jeans and was heading for the door. I was going to make that bastard pay.

“Raine!” Ivy called.

I stopped in my tracks but didn’t turn to her. I was feeling a bunch of guilt. Kol had attacked my sister because of me. It was my fault she was hurt so I couldn’t bring myself to look at her again. Not until I fixed what I had just destroyed.

“Be careful.” She whispered.

I gave my head a nod before walking out the door.

[Rebekah POV]
Rebekah leaned against the arch of the doorframe, watching her older brother paint. She was searching her thoughts on how to tell Nik about the trouble with the double doppelgängers. Raine was winning her heart over real quick and even Elijah felt that she seemed like a nice girl. She wasn’t too fond of Ivy but she knew Raine would never forgive her is she didn’t help save Ivy. Kol had gotten out of control yet again and the 3 of them couldn’t find where he had ran off to.

“Klaus, our brother Kol went after Ivy today.” She blurted out as she fixed her nice white dress up shirt.

“What?” Klaus asked as he turned away from his painting.

“He has also been tormenting Raine. We need to stop him before he kills them both. Well Ivy I’m not that worried about but I like Raine.”

“Well I will dagger him once I find him.” Her brother appeared rather annoyed at the situation.

“Well I think we should the doppelgänger over for dinner, that should get our brother over here rather quickly. Oh and I mean Raine of course.” Rebekah suggested.

She watched Nik give off his pleased smile. “Good idea, you should give her an invitation publically so if he’s following her he will see it.” Nik replied.

[Raine POV]
I had just started backing my car up when I heard a loud thud. The car jerked forward, signaling that I hit something. My eyes went to the rear-view mirror but I couldn’t see anything. When I turned in my seat I still couldn’t see anything. I let out an annoyed sigh and climbed out of the car. Just what I need on a conscience, let me try to hurt another person or animal while I’m alive. As soon as I shut my car door I felt a rock hard force pin me against the car with my back turned to the assailant.

“Trying to avoid me Darling? Not a good idea.” Kol’s voice made a chill run down my spine.

“Actually, I came here to find you.” I corrected him as I tried to get myself free of the postion he had me in. I could practically feel his chest against my back and it was only making my head get all fuzzy.

“Awwe, miss me much?” He asked as he spun me around, keeping trapped against the car and him.

“You have enough ego to last two vampire lives.” I rolled my eyes at him. “I’m here to tell you to stop your damn foolish game and move on. I want you to leave my family alone and go find some other girl to torment because honestly you got old before you finished being new.” I didn’t care if the insult was false, I wanted him to get the hint that I wasn’t scared of him and that I refused to be pushed around like some little pansy.

He grabbed me by the throat and pinned me on the hood of my car. I coughed and tried prying his hand off my neck but it was stuck like stone. Our eyes connected and I saw little black veins grow under his eyes as he growled at me.

“You just made a huge mistake.” He released my neck only so he could lean forward and bite into the flesh.

I woke up with a stiff neck and a real dizzy mind. Kol had almost drained me dry last night but for whatever reason he decided to let me live. Perhaps it was so he could keep tormenting me or even worse, so he do something to Ivy and make me watch. I couldn’t let that happen. Even if it meant I had to pose as Ivy and keep her home where she would be safe. That’s when I caught the idea.

After a hot shower I found myself in front of the mirror, straightening out my curly hair. Ivy came in the bathroom and watched me in the mirror. With one half of the hair straightend I was beginning to look more like Ivy. To some people it may have seemed ridiculous but I seen it as drawing a moth to the flame. Only this flame was gonna kick some ass. Some vampire thinks he could harass my sister? I should have staked him when I had the chance.

“You realize if you go to school like that he will be coming after you because he will think your me.” Ivy stated.

“That’s the idea. I’ll be you while the real you stays home, safe and sound and away from psycho vampire dude.” I replied.

“What if he hurts you?” Ivy crossed her arms over her chest as if to comfort herself.

“Don’t worry about me, I’m a big girl. I can handle it.” I assured my twin.

I started playing with my hair and that’s when I realized that mine was a bit longer than Ivy’s. “Do you think anyone will notice that I have longer hair?”

“Yep.” Ivy replied.

“But I love my hair.” I grimaced.

“Yeah well I loved Dylan.” She retorted.

“Just fetch me one of your outfits while I cut my hair.” I did my best not to snap at Ivy as I picked up a pair of scissors on the counter.

By the time I was done it was scary how much I looked like Ivy. I was wearing a pair of blue jean shorts with a white tank top and black flats. It definitely wasn’t my style but for now I wasn’t me. I was Ivy.
The real Ivy barged in the bathroom wearing a pair of my black capris and a black and blue corset that shad short sleeves attached to it. I could tell by the way she was moving she was uncomfortable.

Unfortunately she was going to have to deal with it just like I had to deal with my hair being a few inches shorter. She tugged on the corset and squirmed as if to get a better fit.

“How do you even breathe in this thing?” She asked.

“You mean ‘how do I breathe in this thing?’ Very carefully.” I corrected as I handed her the curling iron. “Now remember Raine, you’re staying home because you got the flu.” I gave her a quick kiss and headed downstairs.

The halls in school filled quickly and everyone was quick to assume I was Ivy. Who knew a simple hair due and change of wardrobe and I could steal my sister’s identity without even trying. It was around third period when I stopped by Ivy’s locker to exchange a book when I heard someone come up behind me. I turned around to see Rebekah standing right behind me, clutching her books to her chest. She was wearing a nice red summer dress that made her pop.

“Where the bloody hell is your sister? I been looking for her all day.” Rebekah sounded annoyed.

I’m right here you just don’t know it.

“Skipping as usual. Why?” I asked.

“Well when you see her do me a favor and give her this and have her get back to me, it’s important. And for God’s sake don’t open it, it’s for Raine not you.” She handed me a white envelope and stormed off.
I started heading towards Ivy’s class as I opened the envelope. There was a white card with black raised letters written on it. It was an invitation for a dinner at the Mikaelson’s at 7. I flipped the card and noticed a small note on the back.

Raine,
Please accept this lovely invitation,

I was cut off by a strong force shoving me into the girl’s bathroom. The invitation and book fell right on to the tiled floor as I tumbled into a sink. My eyes went to the door, searching to find who wanted a serious ass kicking. Kol twisted the dead bolt lock on the door before turning to me with that smug look on his face.

“Surprised to see me?” He asked as he used his vampire speed to slam me against the wall.

My adrenaline was rising and my mind went blank. What would Ivy say in this situation? Would she scream? Ivy and I were two different people she was usually one that would scream and run away while I was the one that smacked the assailant and ask if they were stupid. But this wasn’t a normal assailant. This was Kol.

“Kol, why are you here?” That was all I could think of.

He leaned forward and gave me a whiff before he turned his look from smug to surprise. “Raine.” He taken a step back and examined me with his eyes. “Well aren’t you just clever.”

“What gave me away? Was it my acting?” I asked as I crossed my arms over my chest.

“Your scent is different.” He replied as he looked down at the floor. He found the invitation. “Well, well what do you have here?”

“It’s a dinner invitation. I was in the middle of reading it when I was rudely interrupted.” I replied.

“So I take it you’ll be needing a date.” He held up the invitation. “Thanks for the invite. Oh and you would look a lot better with your curly hair so do that and wear something nice.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So next update will be two chapters at once because that's when things really take a turn. Hope you enjoyed Thank you so much reading :)