Status: currently working

Pure Addiction

Chapter 16: Vampire 101

Damon was giving off a look that I had never seen before and Ivy’s
face had become pale with fear. She wasn’t even trying to hide it. I could smell her fear. . .I could smell her fear? How was that possible? I wasn’t some dog.

“Raine, what the hell happened to you?” Damon asked as he scanned me with his blue eyes.

I wiped the blood off my face with the back of my hand, “Ivy?”

My twin didn’t say anything she just turned around and ran away from me. As though I was some kind of monster. I turned to Damon and tried searching my thoughts for some explanation. Nothing came to my mind except the smell of blood and how I wanted more. So much more.

“Who turned you?” Damon asked.

“Kol. He killed me last night so I guess I had vampire blood in my system, somehow.” I looked back at the dead biker and shook my head. “Oh God, my mom is part of the council! I can’t go home now! Not like this!” I began to panic.

“Calm down.” Damon instructed.

“Calm down? You really expect me to calm down? I feel like I want to rip someone’s head off and I can think of is blood! I could probably drain this entire town and still want more! So no Damon! I will not calm down because I can’t!” I snapped.

Damon grabbed my arms and kept a tight grip on me. My anger had flared to the sky and then I felt guilty. Or so maybe it was depression or anxiety. It was so hard to tell because my emotions were changing faster than a chameleon changing colors. Then all my rage boiled to the top and I found myself pushing Damon so hard he flew a few feet back.

Damon flashed in front of me, his vampire face out and grabbed me with a even tighter grip before.

“I’m only telling you one more time, calm down.” He growled.

After burying the dead man, Damon brought me to the Salvatore boarding house. Stefan was sitting on the couch with a glass of bourbon in his hands. There was a warm fire blazing in the fire place. For a second there was an awkward silence between us all.

“Take a shower and find yourself some new clothes. You’re going to be staying here until you find a way to control yourself and your damn emotions.” Damon finally spoke.

“What’s going on?” Stefan asked, standing up.

“Long story short; girl messes with evil original vampire (even though everybody told her to stay away from him) and evil vampire becomes obsessed and decides to turn girl into a newbie vampire.” Damon explained.

Stefan raised his eyebrows. I could tell he was searching his thoughts to say something. After placing the glass of bourbon down, he approached me and scanned me up and down. It was as if he didn’t believe Damon. One thing was for sure, being around two boys was going to be a challenge for me. Not only was blood still on my mind, but so wasn’t sex. I had a high sex drive when I was human and now I was feeling like a nympho.

That was why I sneaked out a window and ran to the empty house. It had taken a lot of convincing for Ivy to show up and invite me in. She was hysterical and it actually made me irritated. Especially because when I tried dying in peace she had called me a “selfish bitch” so I drank blood to survive for her and then she wanted to avoid me. I had told her it would be best for her to just leave and that was what she did.

Anger was bubbling in the pity of my stomach again so I just decided to draw myself a bath. I added a very little lavender bubble bath to the water and stripped myself of my bloody clothes. As soon as I stepped in I let out a light sigh and closed my eyes. A part of me was hoping that maybe I would catch some sleep tonight and I would be able to maintain myself as a new vampire. That was the first thing that I needed to do. The next would be finding a way to hide this problem from my mom so she wouldn’t try to kill me in my sleep.
The sound of footsteps made me spring up into a sitting position. Someone was in the house and there I was in a bathtub naked. I didn’t recognize a specific scent so I stayed still hoping whoever it was wouldn’t walk in on me. Kol entered the bathroom with a big smirk on his face.

I watched him come closer to the tub.

“I wasn’t really going for a romantic scene.” I replied.

“You never were the romantic type.” He leaned against the marble counter.

“I’m a vampire so what do you plan on doing now?” I asked, trying to change the subject.

“I teach you how to be a vampire. It can be a difficult task.” He walked up to the tub and ran his cold finger down my leg. “Especially since everything is heightened, including your sex drive.”

I grabbed his hand and pulled it away from my leg. This was the man who just ruined my life; I couldn’t let him touch me. Even though that was all I wanted him to do.

“Get out.” I demanded.

“Make me.” He replied as he grew a big smile on his face.

I stood up in the tub, feeling the water drip off me. Kol’s brown eyes scanned my naked body in a slow motion as if he was concentrating on all the water drops.

“If you insist on staying then at least make yourself useful and hand me a towel.”

He simply turned and grabbed a white towel but didn’t make any effort to give it to me. He more or less just dangled it in the air as if to say ‘come and get it’. I could tell from that damn smirk that was still placed on his face he was very well enjoying this. There was just something about having me at his mercy that filled him with satisfaction.

I stepped out of the tub and stormed over to Kol who remained still. The moment he was in reach I shoved him a little too hard and watched him slam into the mirror. A big crack ran up the mirror making all sorts of shapes. The anger had taken over my body yet again and I was no longer interested in getting a towel or getting dressed at all.

“There’s my girl.” His eyes gleamed as he reached up and grabbed the back of my neck.

The touch sent sparks flying through my body. A fire ignited between my thighs and oh how I longed to have him there. I peaked at myself in the mirror and I saw that my fangs were out and I had little black veins popping up underneath my eyes. The image made me loose every sense of control I had. Instead of fighting the man who destroyed me I leaned forward and crashed my lips on to his.

I needed sex and he was willing to give it to me so of course I had taken it. I ripped his shirt right off and practically attacked him with all my strength. He grabbed me by the hips and used his vampire speed to switch us around so I was the one on the counter. Before I could even move he ripped my thighs open and dropped his pants to free his erection. The moment he buried himself inside me he leaned forward and bit me on the neck.

I let him take a few sips of my blood and rocked my hips to gain some friction before I pushed him away from my neck. As soon as he was close enough I leaned forward and bit him on the collarbone so I could have a taste of his blood. It was rich and delicious. If only I had understood how personal it was to blood share with another vampire.

“Alright vampire 101 you need to take pride in being what you are.” Kol spoke as he paced on the wooden porched.

I stood still dressed in a pair of black jeans and a light blue plaid shirt. The more he talked about it the angrier I became. I was a monster now. How was I supposed to be happy about that? I wanted to have kids someday, I wanted to explore so much more as a human not as a vampire. He didn’t care though, he had forced me into something I was not prepared for and he was actually happy about it.

“You mean take pride in me being some monster?” I snapped.

Kol turned to me. “I gave you a gift, Raine and I expect you to get over your petty little attitude before I rip your head off.” Kol warned in a surprisingly calm tone but I didn’t listen.

“I hate you for what you did to me! I told you I would rather die than be a vampire. You knew I didn’t want this but yet you forced me into it! I wanted to grow up and have kids someday. Something that you sure in hell couldn’t give me if your life depended on it.” I screamed without giving a single thought of the consequences that I would have to pay.

Kol gave off a blank look as if he was processing everything I had just said. “very well then” He commented.

I was expecting him to say something insulting or maybe snapping my neck, but that would have been him giving me mercy. He pinned me to the door with his left hand on my shoulder and used his right hand to stab into my chest cavity. I felt a fire spread through my chest as he dug a little deeper. Blood erupted from the whole he was making. It hurt so bad I forgot how to breathe.

“An easy way to kill vampires is by ripping out their hearts. Now let’s see. . .That’s not it.” Kol was purposely moving his hand in the wrong direction.

“Stop!” I gasped in pain as tears welled up in my eyes.

“Stop? I’m just doing what you wanted me to do. Now be quiet, your breaking my concentration.”

He started getting close to my heart. “Almost there.”

I looked up at him with pleading eyes was he really going to kill me? Was this how my life was going to end? All because I told Kol the truth?

“Please don’t.” I cried in pain as I felt my legs give out from under me.
Kol scanned me with those chocolate brown eyes of his.

“Fine, I’ll give you a second chance. Next time I warn you I suggest you listen.”

He was just about to pull his hand out of my chest when a pair of hands gripped his head and snapped his neck. Damon stood there in his dark blue jeans and black leather jacket with an emotionless look on his face.

“Vampire: 101. Try not to make an original vampire angry.” He advised, helping me up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kol's not gonna be happy about that