Status: currently working

Pure Addiction

Chapter 17: Present surprise

Damon had taken me to the Salvatore boarding house so I could have a blood bag. My stomach was quick to agree on it and it sounded like a good plan until I found my sister Ivy sitting on the red couch. She was wearing light blue jeans with a white halter top which showed plenty of skin. It made my mind fog and all I could think of was how much better her blood would taste than some bag. Not to mention it would be warmer.

Stop thinking like that! She's your sister! My subconscious screamed at my filthy thoughts.

"Oh no." I whispered as I turned to walk back outside. I was so hungry and all I wanted to do was eat her.

Damon grabbed my arm with an iron grip and reeled me back in. "What are you doing?" Damon asked Stefan.

"Her sister needs to be here so she can get a sense of human life." Stefan explained.

They started arguing about how she was here at the wrong time and how I needed my space but Stefan reminded Damon that too much space would do alot of harm and then it got worse. I turned my hearing to my sister's heartbeat from across the room.

Don't do it! You'll kill her! My mind screamed at my body.

It didn't help any, the veins began popping up under my eyes and my body began to get ready. I needed to feed and she was on my menu. Ivy opened her mouth and tried getting the Salvatores attention but they were too lost in the argument. She began to get nervous, I could tell and it only made my mouth water more. Blood. Fresh blood. Warm, fresh blood. My mind went completely blank for a second and before I knew it I was on top of Ivy with my hands gripping her neck, and my mouth on her neck. My fangs dug into her flesh and oh did the warm blood feel so good dripping down my throat.

I was ripped off her and held back by Damon. When I looked up and finally became me again I saw Stefan helping Ivy. Her white halter top was covered in her blood and her hand was clutched to the wound on her neck. I did that. I just almost killed my sister when she didn't deserve that. Not in the least bit, she was wonderful person that I loved and vowed to protect yet I just almost killed her.

"Raine, it's okay, I'm fine." Ivy began to approach me.

"Get away from me." I stepped back.

The guilt I was feeling was so raw and so intense. I never felt so bad about myself before. I actually wanted to cry and hide in a closet for eternity because I felt like I deserved it. What kind of monster was I?

"Raine it's okay, you're a new Vampire and I don't blame you one bit. I was the one that convinced you to feed so you could stay alive because I was the selfish one." Ivy kept stepping closer to me and them jumped onto me with her arms around my neck.

"Oh no, I think I'm going to lose control again." I began to panic.
Ivy didn't let me go.

"Just take a deep breath Raine. You won't hurt her again." Stefan was close with Damon by his side.

I concentrated on my breathing and felt myself turn back to normal. Everything was still for a second before I pulled away and looked around. There were bigger problems to worry about like Kol. He was definitely going to cause hell when he woke up. It was more likely that he would be sure I wasn't his only victim.

"We need to bring you home immediately." I demanded.

"Why, what's going on?" Stefan asked.

"We got one seriously crazy and pissed off original to deal with." Damon explained.

Stefan looked at me with raised eyebrow.

I gave my head a nod and turned to Ivy. She looked at me with worry in her eyes.

"Mom has to know." I let out a breath.

Ivy began shaking her head. "Raine she might kill you!"

"She has to know so she can protect you. So she can stay away from Kol." I argued. The moment I set foot on our porch I felt regret fill my chest. Ivy was right about our Mom. She definitely wouldn't be happy with me. The Salvatores stayed close by to offer any help I needed and I was glad about that.

Mom opened the door and told us to come in. She had on a pair of dark blue jeans with a red mid-sleeve shirt. As soon as I entered the house Mom gave Ivy a hug and came closer to me but I backed away.
"Raine, why does your sister have blood on her shirt? What's going on?" Mom asked.

"Mom, you need to Ivy inside and don't answer the door for anyone you don't know." I began to advise.

"What happened to your sister Raine? I'm not asking you again." Mom spoke in her stern voice.

"Mom, I wish I could tell you how sorry I am for not listening to you." Tears began to swell up in my eyes.

"Raine is a vampire Mom." Ivy was the one to break the news.
Mom's face from full concern to pure anger and rage.

"And you bit your sister?" She asked turning to me.

"It's okay Mom, Raine can protect us when she's like this she's stronger, faster, and I know she will never-" Ivy tried defending me.

"I want you out of my house!" Mom's words cut right through me.
I opened my mouth but Mom continued to scream.
"I will not have a monster under my roof! I won't allow it!"

"But you let the Salvatores in all the time!" Ivy argued with Mom. "She won't hurt us Mom she is learning to control it."

"Yeah well until she is in full control I want her out." Mom kept an evil glare on me. "You got us into this mess Raine and you will get us out. It is your duty as the older sibling to protect Ivy and that's what I expect you to do."

I put my hands on my hips and let out a sigh. Mom was right. I had to protect Ivy and that was my plan all along. Even if Kol came by and they never invited him in all he would have to is set fire to the house. I approached my sister and gave her a big hug.

"Ivy go to your room, I'll be up in a minute." I whispered.

Ivy did as I said while I turned to my Mother. We waited for Ivy to close her bedroom door before we started to talk.

"Can you compel people?" Mom asked.

I gave my head a nod.

"Did you kill anyone?" She started to tremble
.
I let out a sigh. "Only a man who was trying to hit on Ivy she asked him to leave her alone and he wouldn't so I blacked out and that was the first time I fed and then I became a vampire."

Mom crossed her arms over her chest. "Send her to Aunt Tina's over in Denver. She will be safe there. I want you to pack some of your things and stay with the Salvatores. Don't come back until you know for sure you're ready. Even then don't expect me to treat you like my daughter, she died the moment you became a monster."

I nodded my head at her and walked up to Ivy's room. Mom knocked on the door and stayed at the doorway when Ivy let me in. Ivy was now in her light pink flannel pjs and her eyes were red and puffy from crying. She practically leaped into my arms.

"I don't want you to go Raine. I want you to stay with me forever and ever." Ivy cried.

I pulled her away and looked in her eyes. If only she knew that she was really the one that was going, not me. The pain in my chest tugged even harder than before. Why did the emotions have to be heightened?

"Don't cry Raine everything is going to be okay." I looked into ivy's eyes and concentrated really hard.

When Ivy stopped crying I forced myself to smile, knowing it was going to work. She stood completely unaware of what was going on. I could have crumbled but I had to stay strong and I had to protect my family even if I was an abomination now.

"Tomorrow you're going to pack your clothes and you're going to head to Denver Colorado. Aunt Tina and Chloe will be happy to have you there. You won't come back until I want you to."

Ivy stared into my eyes processing my words. I felt my heart sink as I gave her a hug and fought back my tears. Tomorrow she would be far away and no one could hurt her. Mom kept her eyes on me so I pulled away from Ivy and put a hand on her shoulder.

"So lay down and get some rest you're gonna need it."

Ivy smiled at me and let me walk out her room. I packed a few boxes of my clothes and decided to stay at the Salvatores. Elena came by from time to time and we had some girl time. Sometimes it was hard being around the Salvatores. Kol was right about my sex drive. It was on high alert and being around any guy was so hard.

Then there were the packages that kept coming to the Salvatores. Some were filled with bloodied body parts like fingers and eyes. Some would have simple little messages from Kol but they always arrived at the Salvatore's house. We were constantly on edge and I felt so guilty for every person that suffered because of Kol's wrath. Some nights I would wait to wake up to Kol standing beside my bed. Thankfully it hadn't happened but I knew something would happen and I knew it would be soon.

2 days later. . .

Damon rushed at me with all his speed, I moved to the side and used all my strength to grab him by the shoulder. He quickly turned and grabbed a hold of me. I twisted out of his grip and slammed his chest into the bookcase in front of us. A light bubbly feeling overcame my feeling of guilt. I just almost beat a vampire that was older than me.

"I'm getting better!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, but you keep forgetting something." Damon quickly dipped out of my gripped, grabbed me by the throat and slammed me down on the wooden floor. "It's in our nature to be sneaky and fast. When Kol comes for you he's going to be stronger and faster so you need to find a way to outsmart him." Damon's blue eyes met mine.

I used my vampire speed and strength to grab his wrist, and flip us over so I was on top of him, pinning him down by his throat. He quickly over powered me and we ended up rolling across the floor until I managed to grab him by the arm, flip him on his stomach and sit on his lower back.

"I know you're taking it easy on me, Damon. Don't you and I both know Kol won't." I got off him and fixed my hair that was in a pony tail.

"I still don't get what you see in that duece bag." Damon commented.
I put my hands on my waist and pursed my lips. What was there to say? That I had a thing for evil homicidal vampires? In a way I did but there just had to be something in them that sparked me. It had to hit me like a thunderbolt and that's what happened with Kol.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I guess I'm just attracted to douchebags."
Damon searched my face and opened his mouth to say something but Stefan interrupted us.

"Sorry to interrupt, Raine your mother called she said she wants you to stop by the house real quick." Stefan informed as he shrugged off his black leather jacket.

"I can go home?" I asked a little excited.

"Did she say what's going on?" Damon asked.

Stefan brought his green eyes to me. "She just said she needs to talk to you alone."

I pushed off the ground and used my vampire speed to race over to the house. Mom couldn't have suddenly wanted to talk to me for no reason. Something had to be wrong. Did Kol get to her? Was he holding her hostage?

The moment I reached the porch I started to knock continuously. As soon as Mom opened the door I felt sudden relief. She was alright
.
"Thank God I thought something was wrong. What did you need to talk to me about?" I stepped in the house.

"Stefan didn't tell you?" Mom asked.

"Tell me what?" I tilted my head confused.

"You got a package today." Mom replied.

I felt my heart almost jump out of my chest. My eyes found a black rectangular package on the counter. If small body parts were in the small packages, what the hell was in the big package?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's taken so long for me update I hope you all enjoy another chapter should be up soon