Status: currently working

Pure Addiction

Chapter 20: Invasion

My hand shuffled through my top drawer, trying to find the extra vervain tea I had. There was nothing. Another vampire had been here, in my house, in my room! I dialed Elana's number but only got her voicemail.

"Hey Elana, sorry to call you so late. Um someone has cleared my house of vervain, they even got to my secret stash. I was wondering if you could bring some over soon. Just call or text me when you get this."

I hung the phone up and left it on my night stand. The first thing I did after that was change into my black cotton shorts and a black tank top. Everything was dead silent. All I could hear was the crickets outside and my mom making a light snoring sound. We were safe, at the time and I was going to take the opportunity to get some rest.

I ran down the stairs to the smell of blood. It was all over the walls, the floor, and even the door. As soon as I reached the kitchen I slipped and fell into a puddle of blood.

"Mom?" I asked as I walked around the kitchen island. Her body was laying stiff on the floor with her blood staining her white nightgown. My knees gave out beneath me as my shaking hands touched her. She was cold, stiff, and dead.

"Mom! Mom!" I held my fangs back as tears came down my cheeks.
The loss I felt was so indescribable. I was stuck in a world of despair. She was all I had and in the blink of an eye she was gone.

"What can I say? I was bored. Kol's voice came from behind me.
I stood up and looked at him. "You did this?" My fangs came out and the little black veins came up beneath my eyes. My anger was going to uncountable measures.

"Don't worry, you'll be next." He came at me with flashing speed.

I jumped up and let out a loud gasp, trying to recover from my nightmare.

"Are you alright?" Kol asked quietly.

I wrapped my arms around him for comfort. "It's alright, go back to sleep."

Sleep? I went to sleep alone! Kol's in my bed! He's in my house!
I shot my eyes open and bolted across the room away from him. He was laying on my bed with his hands behind his head and his legs crossed. The black long sleeve shirt he had on went well with his dark blue jeans and light tan timberland boots. Then there was that twisted smile of his planted on his face. How long was he even there for?

"Kol." I greeted in my serious voice.

His smile grew even more. "You gotta admit, it's fun waking up with me in your bed."

I was speechless. Before Kol couldn't enter my home. I was smart enough not to invite him in. He must have compelled my mother to invite him in, but how did he get her off vervain? I kept my eyes on him as he started to bounce up and down on my bed. He was just messing with me now.

"What a comfy bed you got, Darling. You should have brought me here when we gave it our first go." He sent me a flirtatious wink.

"Don't you have anything better to do than to harass me at. . ." I looked at my black alarm clock. "6 in the morning? Isn't there some sorority chick you could torture or kill?"

"I could but the look on your face is totally worth it." He stood up and began to approach me. "I had to compel your mother to let me in. I must say, my feelings are hurt." He stepped up to me.

"Yeah well please stay out of my head and stop by at reasonable hours with real reasons to stop by because I'm tired." I walked back to my bed and buried myself under the sky blue covers in attempt to push him away. I was hoping he would leave but he didn't. Instead he crawled behind me and put his hands on my hips.

"You do realize that it's just you and me here. Your mom is at work." He began to dig his slender fingers into the waistband of my cotton shorts."Let's make the best of it." He whispered in my ear.

I jumped out of the bed, annoyed and quite angry. I wanted sleep and peace but apparently it was too much to ask for.

"Just because your an original it doesn't mean you can harass me all you want. Now how about you go somewhere away from me and just let me sleep." I began to run my hands through my messy hair. I was always a bitch when I was tired.

Kol walked up to my bureau. "Because bothering you is so much more fun. I always love where it ends up." He licked his bottom lip in a slow motion as he began searching my draws.

He smiled and looked at me through the mirror. When he pulled his hand out there was a pair of light blue lacey panties in his hand. "Put these in the to-wear pile." He put them on the bureau and continued going through my things.

I walked up to him and immediately pushed him away from my draw. I didn't like people going through my things. It's not that I had things to hide, it's that I felt violated every time someone went through my things with out my permission.

"And what is this?" He held up a black book.

That was the only thing I didn't like other people reading. That book had so much bad in it. So much darkness and he was the last person I wanted to read the book.

I reached to take it away from him but he slapped my hand away. What the fuck did I look like? A child? Was I going to get a spanking next?

I continued to reach for the book but he kept slapping my hand away and he was opening it. He was going to read it. That was it, I had enough. I grabbed him by his wrist and throat and used my vampire speed to pin him down on my bed.

My grip was as tight as it could go but Kol was just laying there with thatbshit eating grin covering his face.
"If it means anything to you Darling, I'm glad you had vampire blood in your system when I killed you.

I grabbed the notebook away from him and released his neck. As soon as I put the notebook away I plucked up the pair of panties and put everything back the way it was supposed to.

I turned back around to scorn Kol but he was gone. There was no going back to sleep after that. I knew that I had to be expecting a lot more of Kol invading my home and I had to find a way to end it. Kol couldn't keep coming and going as he pleased. But how was I supposed to do that? Than a name popped up in my head.
Elena Gilbert.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much everyone for reading you are all the best only 3 chapters left feel free to comment if you wish